FA CUP HOME v SOUTH SHIELDS

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

bga
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA CUP HOME v SOUTH SHIELDS

Post by bga » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:21 pm

AndyPark wrote:Can see this game attracting 2000/2500.

Shields will sell around 600/700 now they have those deluded Geordies & Mackems following them. Huge potential for an upset.

Be good to have a decent atmosphere at the place we call home.

Gutted I can't be there to be fair, should be a cracking game.

BGA - The prize money for winning is £4500.
Ta Andy that is a useful amount..........we dare to dream!

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:30 pm

Interesting to see how many tickets we give them if they decide to make it all ticket.

bga

Post by bga » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:33 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Shields will sell around 600/700 now they have those deluded Geordies & Mackems following them. Huge potential for an upset.

What home attendance are they getting this season?
1776, 1420 & 1506 are the home attendances this season so far for them, well followed away from home too.
Interesting their average home attendance only 135 less than ours?

bga

Post by bga » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:37 pm

Spyman wrote:

£4,500 for the win and maybe a conservative estimate of £3,000 gate receipts would be a nice boost.

Shame we probably won't win!
I know I said earlier forget gate receipts but...............how do you arrive at £3,000 as 45% of gate income what crowd do you reckon?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:38 pm

bga wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Spyman wrote:

1776, 1420 & 1506 are the home attendances this season so far for them, well followed away from home too.
Interesting their average home attendance only 135 less than ours?
They've gained massive momentum in the last couple of seasons, especially with Arca joining them.

I would say good on them, but their throwing god knows how much money at players too. Will be interesting to see how far they can go.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:40 pm

bga wrote:
Spyman wrote:

£4,500 for the win and maybe a conservative estimate of £3,000 gate receipts would be a nice boost.

I know I said earlier forget gate receipts but...............how do you arrive at £3,000 as 45% of gate income what crowd do you reckon?
I was working on the basis of a crowd of 1,000ish with an average ticket price of something like £7.

£7,000.

45% of that would be £3,150.

Like I said, conservative estimate (and I think I read somewhere once that £7 was a good estimate of average ticket price, although I may be well wide of the mark on that too).
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

bga

Post by bga » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:44 pm

Spyman wrote:
bga wrote:
Spyman wrote:

I was working on the basis of a crowd of 1,000ish with an average ticket price of something like £7.

£7,000.

Like I said, conservative estimate (and I think I read somewhere once that £7 was a good estimate of average ticket price, although I may be well wide of the mark on that too).
Ok I reckon the crowd will be closer 1,000 than 2,000 but we may both be proved wrong!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:48 pm

bga wrote:
Spyman wrote:
bga wrote:
Spyman wrote:

£7,000.

Ok I reckon the crowd will be closer 1,000 than 2,000 but we may both be proved wrong!
Aren't we both saying 1,000ish then?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

bga

Post by bga » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:51 pm

I now reckon based on their attendances they will bring a few so I think about 1,500. However if we go on a storming winning run before then nudge up to say 1,700?

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:56 pm

Now the ticket price has been reduced to £8 we should get 2/2500 crowd

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:56 pm

I think the average ticket price will be nearer £10 these days, OK maybe £9 conservatively. It has after all gone up to £14 adults and £11 concessions, with under 16s remaining at £5.

Anyway, whatever the gate receipts, first of all we pay the match officials etc, and it's the amount after expenses which gets split 45/45/10.

Then once we arrive at our 45% cut of whatever receipts - 20% of that goes to the VAT man.

Say if it worked out at 6k to us after everything, take VAT out and it's 5k.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:02 pm

Spyman wrote:
al_quaker wrote:The last FA Cup game we had at 'home' was Hyde in 15/16, where 902 were present. Interestingly, the next Saturday we played Hyde in the league, where 1047 were present.

Hopefully we can get 1400 or so home fans in, which would probably give a total crowd of approaching 2000, maybe more (I imagine South Shields will bring plenty?)
Do season ticket holders get any cup games included? If not it's no surprise the league fixture would attract a bigger crowd.
I'd expect someone else to ask that daft question not you Spyman Image

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:02 pm

Quakerz wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:On another plus point and one which Spyman may approve, it's an additional game and 2500 crowd could cover that seats shortfall!!!
LOL 2500?

I think we will be lucky to have 1,000 home fans, it's only the 2nd qualifying round of the FA Cup and early rounds are always poorly supported.

I think Shields will bring plenty though.

As others have said, a massive banana skin and an ideal opportunity for to Gray to keep his utter turd cup record going.
Got to disagree with you here Quakerz, I think the game will certainly attract 2,500 if not more (depending on the weather on the day).
Think before posting

bga

Post by bga » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:21 pm

roadrunner wrote:Now the ticket price has been reduced to £8 we should get 2/2500 crowd
And you know this because........................?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:23 pm

bga wrote:
roadrunner wrote:Now the ticket price has been reduced to £8 we should get 2/2500 crowd
And you know this because........................?
Probably read South Shields prices for the coach on the day, especially as prices not announced for the match yet.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:27 pm

On reflection I think it's a very good draw.

Reason behind it is, we could have played someone away like Lancaster with the gate receipts being minimal. This is probably a minimum 5k to the club even if we lose. We are playing a very good team, they are probably close to be Nat North level it has the local edge.

Yes we may lose but we lost to Lancaster & Hyde and didn't make much gate receipts so it's already one step forward.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:40 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:On reflection I think it's a very good draw.

Reason behind it is, we could have played someone away like Lancaster with the gate receipts being minimal. This is probably a minimum 5k to the club even if we lose. We are playing a very good team, they are probably close to be Nat North level it has the local edge.

Yes we may lose but we lost to Lancaster & Hyde and didn't make much gate receipts so it's already one step forward.
Yep I agree, great draw.

As well as the decent gate it means we can go in to the game concentrating on having to play our very best rather than worrying about any FA Cup hoodoo.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:42 pm

The upset everyone is talking about is us winning as it`s a cup game

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:46 pm

It's a brilliant draw and will definitely be making the trip for this one.

It'll be interesting to see how BM handles a large away following. I'd expect Shields to sell out.... Whatever happens, I seriously hope the profits are earmarked for investment in the seating. Winning could help pay off a decent chunk, if our gate receipts and prize money went towards it.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:18 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Spyman wrote:
al_quaker wrote:The last FA Cup game we had at 'home' was Hyde in 15/16, where 902 were present. Interestingly, the next Saturday we played Hyde in the league, where 1047 were present.

Hopefully we can get 1400 or so home fans in, which would probably give a total crowd of approaching 2000, maybe more (I imagine South Shields will bring plenty?)
Do season ticket holders get any cup games included? If not it's no surprise the league fixture would attract a bigger crowd.
I'd expect someone else to ask that daft question not you Spyman Image
Never overestimate me!

I only asked as I've not had a season ticket for years and living down here I know a few Arsenal season ticket holders who get a handful of cup/european games included. Couldn't remember if we maybe included tickets to cover the first round or two (wouldn't get used anyway).

DC

bga

Post by bga » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:50 pm

Official ticket prices just announced are £14, but if you want an £8 one contact Roadrunner! :thumbup:

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:47 pm

bga wrote:
Official ticket prices just announced are £14, but if you want an £8 one contact Roadrunner! :thumbup:
Seriously!!!!! This price will put quite a few off from going

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:34 pm

Someone said game is all ticket anyone know if this is right, also think £14 a bit steep

offside

Post by offside » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:13 pm

darlo reborn wrote:Someone said game is all ticket anyone know if this is right, also think £14 a bit steep
There is no way we should be charging £14 for this !!!

No wonder we keep getting a bad name ffs

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:28 pm

I have to say I agree. Not normally one to criticise ticket prices but this strikes me as a game where we can appeal to a wider audience.

Magic of the FA Cup and all that, game against local opposition etc. Would be great to try and drag back some of those who attended on Boxing Day and were put off by the teething problems.

A tenner in would seem a good way of achieving a decent crowd - not forgetting season ticket holders are paying and may see £14 as a reason not to go.

Apologies in advance to onewayup for questioning the powers that be from behind my keyboard.

Posturing over.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:52 pm

We always reduce the gate prices for early FA Cup games, serious mistake in my opinion.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:55 pm

I won't be going can't afford £42 + £40 traveling expenses or and not forgetting food and drink So neck end of £100 in a week...

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:35 pm

Do the away club not have to agree to reduced pricing? Do we know that this is purely down to us? In any case, with seating to be paid for can we afford to cut down to 8/10 pounds, when 55% of the revenue goes elsewhere anyway? Don't think it will put off a sizeable away contingent. Perhaps we could give them the majority of the ground, if so many of our fans are going to be put off.

shawry

Post by shawry » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:44 pm

I wouldn't be expecting a huge crowd purely because recent results aren't good enough to bring in the floaters. 3 goals in 6 games isn't going to draw anyone in.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:48 pm

All the more reason to leave it at £14. I don't think we have a lot of these mythical floaters to call on anymore, not without ground improvements anyway.