Chorley v Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DFCAnth
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Chorley v Darlington

Post by DFCAnth » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:35 pm

Wow.. will everyone just calm down!!

Cartman is back on Saturday, everything is going to be ok.

Darlobaz79

Post by Darlobaz79 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:38 pm

DFCAnth wrote:Wow.. will everyone just calm down!!

He's only on the bench for Farsley tonight

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:38 pm

I think it's fair to say that for the first time in his tenure, Gray is under real pressure to turn this poor form around. We are fast falling off the pace. :oops:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:40 pm

Okay, let's maybe write this one off and regroup.

I think the summer upheaval may be catching up with us at the moment. Gray has maybe lost a wee bit of his authority? Maybe it's just the quality of the league this year? Maybe teams have sussed us out? Maybe we're just off form and playing a makeshift defence and rushing players back to fill in?

Anyway, sounds like a bad one tonight. It happens.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:44 pm

We are second best all over the pitch and quite honestly its embarrasing. The chorley fans cant quite believe how easy it is and how astonishingly poor we are.

shawry

Post by shawry » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:44 pm

tdk1 wrote:Okay, let's maybe write this one off and regroup.

I think the summer upheaval may be catching up with us at the moment. Gray has maybe lost a wee bit of his authority? Maybe it's just the quality of the league this year? Maybe teams have sussed us out? Maybe we're just off form and playing a makeshift defence and rushing players back to fill in?

It's not just tonight though is it that's the point. Bar a couple of patches we've been s*** since the York game.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:45 pm

We can't go up anyway, so no point finishing top 7.

How long until the 5 year STs run out?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

HarrytheQuaker

Chorley v Darlington

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:52 pm

Darlobaz79 wrote:
DFCAnth wrote:Wow.. will everyone just calm down!!

He's only on the bench for Farsley tonight
And getting beat 3-2
Last edited by HarrytheQuaker on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:56 pm

We've gone from world beaters to garbage in the space of a few weeks. Gray is going to be under serious pressure to turn this round.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:56 pm

Quakerz wrote:

We can't go up anyway, so no point finishing top 7.

How long until the 5 year STs run out?
Maybe that's why we are dropping towards midtable. :think:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:58 pm

shawry wrote:

It's not just tonight though is it that's the point. Bar a couple of patches we've been s*** since the York game.

Well all those possible reasons could explain a sustained drop in form.

The fact is we are at a crossroads in terms of the club we want to be, whether we have an investor lined up or not. Our fans have done something truly miraculous this summer. They have raised a six figure sum to relay the pitch, put out a competitive team and start work on a new stand. But there are bigger, richer teams in our league and we frankly exceeded expectations last year. The more bankrolled teams in the 92 and conference, the less room there is for the likes of us, and teams we used to play in the league will be pitched at our level. I always thought we'd plateau at this level because of the restraints we face, and I'm fairly okay with it.

But evidently not everyone will be. Just because Singh has gone the conversation won't go away. If we want somebody to spunk money away with no guarantee of either success or security then we have to be a different club than the one that has just risen three leagues in four years, because this one is at its current ceiling.

As such, we won't win every game, we'll have sticky patches, and people will either panic and demand Gray be sacked or suck it up and focus on the long term.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:01 pm

Ugh. What a mess. Reaction needed. Sounds absolutely diabolical.

I don't know how it's suddenly gone so badly wrong. We've been too one dimensional, and the signings that have come in, apart from Collins, haven't improved us.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:03 pm

3-1 Saunders

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:04 pm

Exactly the same as FC United they have gone as far as they can only difference is they have a better ground

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:05 pm

3-1 Saunders. More like it.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:06 pm

Chorley have pace which we simply have not,closing us down and have another defender behind the Centre Half picking off any headers from Beck.In other words they have done their homework on us and totally have us sussed.Could be 6-0 by the sounds of it and this is a team who have only scored 5 before tonight.Gray has major problems, no win in 6 and only 2 goals scored and one attempt on goal tonight.Really need Browny and Tezz back asap, Burgess struggling badly tonight, defence a shambles apparently.Losing Hunter,Brown and Tezz will tell on us without a shadow of a doubt, Burgess is not 100% fit and we are desperate for adequate defenders until these are back.

Mario

Post by Mario » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:10 pm

Midfield keeps getting overrun as there are too many players not prepared to put in a shift and track back. This means the defence is overworked and wide open.

Down the flanks today, Chorley have had 2 onto 1 all night.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Playing a pacey striker alongside Beck does seem to have made some difference to our attacking play.

Thompson clearly not a striker - Saunders, Caton or Cartman on Saturday please. Beck needs someone running on to his knock downs.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:12 pm

Lets just see how the season pans out, we are quick to criticise too quickly I think. We think we should roll over teams, not going to happen this season.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:16 pm

The idiotic nutters will be lambasting Martin Gary again shortly.....
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

shawry

Post by shawry » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:20 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:The idiotic nutters will be lambasting Martin Gary again shortly.....
Without being funny he isn't exactly covering himself in glory, and 5 hours travelling to watch this s*** he needs to take some criticism

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:21 pm

4-1

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:21 pm

Martin, the management & the players are immune from criticism.

Didn't you know that?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:22 pm

shawry wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:The idiotic nutters will be lambasting Martin Gary again shortly.....
Without being funny he isn't exactly covering himself in glory, and 5 hours travelling to watch this s*** he needs to take some criticism

Agreed. Criticism is justified, abuse isn't.

DC

shawry

Post by shawry » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:24 pm

Spyman wrote:
shawry wrote:

Agreed. Criticism is justified, abuse isn't.

Agreed

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:28 pm

FFS. No time for abuse, but it'd be nice to see Gray asked some searching questions by our journos for once. What's gone wrong, how he's going to fix it, and dare i say it, question wasting money on players coming in and moving on whilst barely playing. Why is Wheatley here and not even on the bench? The midfield is completely absent and has been for a few games, if he won't use him now, why are we spending money on him being here? He was playing for Boro's reserves last year, i doubt the level is too much for him.

Thompson needs dropping. I really have my doubts he is up to playing at this level. He's neither quick enough, nor physical enough, nor good enough with the ball at his feet to have a real impact.

Mario

Post by Mario » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:33 pm

The constant changing of the formation from game to game and several times during the game isn't helping at all either. Too much trying to be clever with the formation instead of having a formation that suits the players you have. Gillies, Thommo will not track back yet we are playing 3 in midfield and exposing our full-backs time and again.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:36 pm

tdk1 wrote:
shawry wrote:

Well all those possible reasons could explain a sustained drop in form.

The fact is we are at a crossroads in terms of the club we want to be, whether we have an investor lined up or not. Our fans have done something truly miraculous this summer. They have raised a six figure sum to relay the pitch, put out a competitive team and start work on a new stand. But there are bigger, richer teams in our league and we frankly exceeded expectations last year. The more bankrolled teams in the 92 and conference, the less room there is for the likes of us, and teams we used to play in the league will be pitched at our level. I always thought we'd plateau at this level because of the restraints we face, and I'm fairly okay with it.

But evidently not everyone will be. Just because Singh has gone the conversation won't go away. If we want somebody to spunk money away with no guarantee of either success or security then we have to be a different club than the one that has just risen three leagues in four years, because this one is at its current ceiling.

As such, we won't win every game, we'll have sticky patches, and people will either panic and demand Gray be sacked or suck it up and focus on the long term.
The disruption to the playing squad has been very strange recently. Wonder if that has stirred things up a bit?
Our injury crisis has hit us at just the wrong time as well with this mad run of games.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:36 pm

Meanwhile Telford are having yet another away game success. They really have it nailed!

They can't get a point at home though.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:49 pm

So this means we are concentrating on the FA Cup this season? :wtf: