Game v Leamington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

JE93
Team Supported: Darlington

Game v Leamington

Post by JE93 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Well we need a reaction on Saturday following a disappointing few weeks. Definitely a need to be more solid at the back and re discover our shooting boots. Very conflicted in what I want to see on Saturday. Often in bad times the best option is to go back to basics. Do what you know and do it well. Which would back a 4-4-2. Or do we have to innovate to get us out of our current rut? Think I'd either like to see us:

(4-4-2 )

Bartlett
Marrs, Burgess, Collins, Ferguson
Caton, Turnbull, Portas, Gillies
Beck, Cartman

Subs: Ed, Vaulks, Scott, Syers, Saunders

4-2-3-1

Bartlett
Marrs, Burgess, Collins, Ferguson
Turnbull, Portas
Caton, Syers, Gillies,
Beck

Subs: Ed, Vaulks, Scott, Thompson, Cartman

Whatever we do we need to be braver in possession. We have players who are good enough to get the ball and pick their head up and keep it on the deck. We're at our best when we can get the ball out wide. We saw in the goals we scored against Gainsborough and Alfreton, Beck and Syers were winning headers and keeping the ball alive in the box and creating chances for us to win the game. Long balls punted up from the fullbacks isnt going to get us anywhere it doesn't matter how good Beck is you won't win those balls 9 times out of 10 because the CB'S can see it coming and have the run on you.

As important as the win is we also need a good performance. That might help aleviate the gloom that seems to have been settling recently. If we get a win and use this as the start of a run then get a good result against South Shield in the cup that could be a big boost towards the seats and add in the DFCSG money and suddenly things can look very different.

roadrunner

Re: Game v Leamington

Post by roadrunner » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:45 pm

Will after watch there goalie Terry Brendon bit of a character takes there penalties and the odd free kick.
Not much good at keeping them out mind .

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:18 pm

roadrunner wrote:Will after watch there goalie Terry Brendon bit of a character takes there penalties and the odd free kick.
Not much good at keeping them out mind .
No doubt he'll play a blinder against us then.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:36 pm

For him to play a blinder we have to hit the target so we will have to play a blinder also

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:37 pm

Where are the grammar police when you need them?

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:10 pm

I would rather see a team of,

Barrtlett
Marrs, Vaulks, Collins, Scott.
Gillies, Turnbull, Wheatley, Ferguson.
Beck, Caton.
Subs: Ed, Burgess, Cartman, Portas, Saunders .

Burgess clearly is not fit yet so I rather have Vaulks in there, MF needs freshening up so Wheatley gets his chance, Scott can slot into LB he's played there before which means Ferguson can be used where he's been more effective.
Would love to see Caton Ferguson and Wheatly three skilled footballers all starting, won't happen of course.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:22 pm

poppyfield wrote:I would rather see a team of,

Barrtlett
Marrs, Vaulks, Collins, Scott.
Gillies, Turnbull, Wheatley, Ferguson.
Beck, Caton.
Subs: Ed, Burgess, Cartman, Portas, Saunders .

Burgess clearly is not fit yet so I rather have Vaulks in there, MF needs freshening up so Wheatley gets his chance, Scott can slot into LB he's played there before which means Ferguson can be used where he's been more effective.
Would love to see Caton Ferguson and Wheatly three skilled footballers all starting, won't happen of course.
I'd probably go with that but swap Wheatley out for Syers. The same midfield that was effective at the start of the season, lots of players running off Beck.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:15 am

I don't care who plays as long as they are told to play the ball on the deck and stop playing hoofball - it might have worked at lower levels but Gray must realise teams have worked us out.

HarboroQuaker

Post by HarboroQuaker » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:11 am

I think you will find his name is Tony Breedon and he is actually a very capable goalkeeper for this level.
We are match ball sponsors at tomorrow's game and looking forward to seeing a good performance from Darlo. Need to improve on the last few gamesl

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:07 pm

HarboroQuaker wrote:I think you will find his name is Tony Breedon and he is actually a very capable goalkeeper for this level.
We are match ball sponsors at tomorrow's game and looking forward to seeing a good performance from Darlo. Need to improve on the last few gamesl

Breedon that's correct don't know how then N got in.

My team tomorrow would be.
Bartlett
Mars Collins Burgess Galbraith
Gillies Turnbull Syers Ferguson
Beck. Caton

Subs. Portas, Cartman , Saunders, vaulks, Edd.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:28 pm

To me it has to be 4-4-2. There were a lot of fans (and on fans radio) that indicated that a lot of players didn't know where to be in against Chorley. 4-4-2 is a basic formation which everyone knows how to play. If both teams line up 4-4-2 I have the confidence that our 11 are better than theirs.

I don't mind Cartman (I'm not one of his army of fans) but I'd be tempted to start him with Beck. I'm sure Cartman will be determined to prove a point.

If Brown or Galbraith are fit they'd be in. Would like to see a bit of Wheatley.