All Over the Place

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mario
Team Supported: Darlington

All Over the Place

Post by Mario » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:52 pm

Watching the first half at Chorley and Darlo are all over the place.

Players looking at each other as if they have never played in the same side before.
Players looking confused with the formation.
Players looking at the manager and wondering what they are supposed to be doing.
Changes to the formation leaving us wide open down the flanks.
3 in midfield which clearly is not working.
Defenders being overrun due to a non existant midfield.

don'tbuythesun

Re: All Over the Place

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:59 pm

It looked a mess from the start. There was no cohesion and that long ball wasn't working. Pump it upfield and hope Beck can do something with it. Were better than that, or should be. We need an enforcer in midfield and get the wingers into the game. Bartlett was outstanding and Harvey a breath of fresh air when he came on.
Oh and fair play to Chorley they were excellent and could have had 8.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:09 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:It looked a mess from the start. There was no cohesion and that long ball wasn't working. Pump it upfield and hope Beck can do something with it. Were better than that, or should be. We need an enforcer in midfield and get the wingers into the game. Bartlett was outstanding and Harvey a breath of fresh air when he came on.
Oh and fair play to Chorley they were excellent and could have had 8.
Chorleys No 7 tore us a new one.

Agree with everything you say apart from the fact it could have been 10.

3 winnable games in the league coming up that should restore some confidence.

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:49 am

Just got back from Chorley after taking 2 hrs down 3hours back due to road closures all over the place just like our defence apart from Bartlett who was tremendous producing the best save I have seen since peter springett for QPR at FEETHAMS in 1966 .
Here's my ratings
Bartlett 10 pleased he,s staying wonder save and 3 one on one, s left exposed to many times
Mars 4. Drifts inside and forgets about his man to slow
Ferguson 5 worst have seen him play but better tan most
Turnbull 6 non other player on same wavelength
Burgess 4 not fit to slow should have had a red card
Collins 4 still not convinced about him
Portas 6 just getting back to fitness
Scott 3 not good enough for this league
Thompson 4 out of position why Gray has to find a place I don't know
Beck 4. Lost confidence no impact at all
Gillies 4 playing at half pace
Subs Saunders 8 chased everything scored the goal must start Saturday
Canton 6 made the goal added a bit of spark

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:18 am

roadrunner wrote:Just got back from Chorley after taking 2 hrs down 3hours back due to road closures all over the place just like our defence apart from Bartlett who was tremendous producing the best save I have seen since peter springett for QPR at FEETHAMS in 1966 .
Here's my ratings
Bartlett 10 pleased he,s staying wonder save and 3 one on one, s left exposed to many times
2 of the best performances I've seen by 2 individuals for a long time. Bartlett was out of this world. The Chorley number 7 Haughton pure dynamite and far too good for this fare. Apparently signed on loan from Fleetwood for a year which has alienated quite a lot of Fleetwood fans. Played for Salford last year.

Chorley could have had double figures to be honest. However, I genuinely think we are still feeling our way a bit with team selection and formation and injuries are limiting options. Our attack was improved by both Saunders and Caton who both showed an admirable attitude.

bga

Post by bga » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:42 am

roadrunner wrote:Just got back from Chorley after taking 2 hrs down 3hours back due to road closures all over the place just like our defence apart from Bartlett who was tremendous producing the best save I have seen since peter springett for QPR at FEETHAMS in 1966 .
Here's my ratings
Roadrunner please stick to match reporting in future as you are far better at this than predicting events off the field! I agree with most of the above, good assessment. That is the best performance from a Darlo keeper I can remember in the last 53 years Ed. Why MG didn't play the new lad Vaulkes instead of Burgess is beyond me, or at least bring him on when it was clear we were being overrun.

Mario

Post by Mario » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:05 pm

You are going to have good and bad days and yes the standard of this league is pretty good, but what I feel isn't helping us is this continuing playing players out of position and playing players who are simply not good enough for this level, when you have better players sat on the bench.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:35 am

Mario wrote:You are going to have good and bad days and yes the standard of this league is pretty good, but what I feel isn't helping us is this continuing playing players out of position and playing players who are simply not good enough for this level, when you have better players sat on the bench.
Spot on, Mario. Seems obvious from the terraces so can only think it is some politics in the dressing room. I can see how MG feels he has to show loyalty to the 'old guard', but really has to pick those players who are in form now.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:49 am

jjljks wrote:
Mario wrote:You are going to have good and bad days and yes the standard of this league is pretty good, but what I feel isn't helping us is this continuing playing players out of position and playing players who are simply not good enough for this level, when you have better players sat on the bench.
Spot on, Mario. Seems obvious from the terraces so can only think it is some politics in the dressing room. I can see how MG feels he has to show loyalty to the 'old guard', but really has to pick those players who are in form now.
You say that, but Gray has been pretty ruthless until now with the old guard - Purewal, Jameson, Dowson - all great servants of the club but discarded once we grew beyond the level at which they could really make a difference.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:32 am

Although Jameson seems to have made a difference at Blyth. Above us now. :silent:

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:52 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Although Jameson seems to have made a difference at Blyth. Above us now. :silent:
Its a long seasonImage