£25K Needed in the next 3 weeks

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

£25K Needed in the next 3 weeks

Post by poppyfield » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:09 pm

We need to dig deep again chaps. (From the DFCSG)

The deadline of the 30th September to fund the second phase of ground improvements is rapidly approaching. We are halfway there with £25K pledged to date and we need the same again in the next 3 weeks. As owners its down to us ensure we don’t fall foul of ground grading again. Unfortunately there is no magic money tree and we will all need to dig deep if we want to see the Club eligible for promotion this season. It’s therefore vital that we crowd-fund the necessary cash now.

As you’ve heard from our CEO David Johnston recently in his programme notes he’s been looking at options for the sustainable future of the club and discussions are ongoing with various parties. At the centre of the future vision for DFC remains majority supporter ownership, however there is no certainty over when or if any potential future plans will be brought forward so we need to press on with stage’s 2 & 3 of fundraising for the new seated stand.
Last edited by poppyfield on Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

DarloDave40

Re: £25K Needed in the next 3 weeks

Post by DarloDave40 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:26 pm

Couldn't agree more, whatever happens in the future we need to secure those extra seats. It won't be the board to blame if we we don't reach our target but the desire of the fans as to whether there fundraising match their actual ambitions. Personally I feel we will get there but perhaps the time of the current ownership model needs to be looked at.

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:47 pm

DarloDave40 wrote:Couldn't agree more, whatever happens in the future we need to secure those extra seats. It won't be the board to blame if we we don't reach our target but the desire of the fans as to whether there fundraising match their actual ambitions. Personally I feel we will get there but perhaps the time of the current ownership model needs to be looked at.
Bollocks, if we don't raise the cash we need then it will be because the board allowed MG to bully them into fund raising the shortfall to his cut playing budget

42k plus 15k from dfcsg renewals would see us about 5k short of funding the seats completely.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:35 am

So basically we need to raise over £1,000 a day for the next 3 weeks? All I'll say is don't get your hopes up.

Also if that money in the "Boost the Budget" pitch was in the seating pitch we'd be approximately 90% of the way there now, just saying.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:02 am

quaker4life wrote:So basically we need to raise over £1,000 a day for the next 3 weeks? All I'll say is don't get your hopes up.

Also if that money in the "Boost the Budget" pitch was in the seating pitch we'd be approximately 90% of the way there now, just saying.
Which is why I cancelled my boost the budget debit a few weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:47 am

Looks like the CEO is not going to produce the rabbit out of the hat, I do think all the talk of outside investment slowed the fund raising down, so it's up to us we've done it before so come on we can do it, it's our club so let's get that totaliser moving. :clap:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:15 am

Do we know for definate that the club couldn't or wouldn't get a loan to cover any shortfall?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:51 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Do we know for definate that the club couldn't or wouldn't get a loan to cover any shortfall?
At what interest rate would this club be able to get a loan - "If Heineken did poor credit ratings..."

Maybe it is because we aren't top of the league? If we had been top then we would have got more investment right so actually boost the budget should have been pushed more?

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:03 am

We've been over the loan scenario before. We need to keep driving the seats pitches forwards and I still think there's many people out there we can reach. If everyone in our home crowd gave an extra £10 just once that's pitch 2 almost sorted, if every Facebook follower gave £1 that's sorted it too! The maths is simple but achieving it certainly isn't.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:34 am

Ive said this plenty of times this season already but because we raised the funds for the pitch and now we are raising money for the seats aswell as topping up the wage budget its a hell of alot of money as a fan owned to stump up im a space of a few months. My opinion we should get the money sorted for the seats out the way and then have a push at promotion

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:52 am

Darlopartisan wrote:Looks like the CEO is not going to produce the rabbit out of the hat, I do think all the talk of outside investment slowed the fund raising down, so it's up to us we've done it before so come on we can do it, it's our club so let's get that totaliser moving. :clap:
Too right talk of outside investment / take over slowed the fundraising down.
And we all know who initiated that.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:58 am

As I said in my statement what the fans have achieved to date is phenomenal, especially when you consider that it's been done by about 300 people.

We really need to start tapping into the wider supporter base if we are to be successful and that's a huge challenge. Crowd funding should be exactly that. If everyone at the game today put £20 in the bucket we'd have the job done today - when you look at it that way it seems so much more achievable than needing £25K

Once we've done this and the facility is built we can all have a break and concentrate on growing crowds in a ground that's suitable, it's difficult I know but it will get easier.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:15 am

divas wrote:As I said in my statement what the fans have achieved to date is phenomenal, especially when you consider that it's been done by about 300 people.

We really need to start tapping into the wider supporter base if we are to be successful and that's a huge challenge. Crowd funding should be exactly that. If everyone at the game today put £20 in the bucket we'd have the job done today - when you look at it that way

Once we've done this and the facility is built we can all have a break and concentrate on growing crowds in a ground that's suitable, it's difficult I know but it will get easier.
Good idea , if you are a twitter man (I am not) put in out there you never know how many could respond to that :clap:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:29 am

Divas is right... the hard core who've been chipping in time after time just need a bit of support from the rest and then it would be job done in no time. But I guess on here a lot of the time it's preaching to the converted.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:44 am

divas wrote:As I said in my statement what the fans have achieved to date is phenomenal, especially when you consider that it's been done by about 300 people.

We really need to start tapping into the wider supporter base if we are to be successful and that's a huge challenge. Crowd funding should be exactly that. If everyone at the game today put £20 in the bucket we'd have the job done today - when you look at it that way it seems so much more achievable than needing £25K

This is the frustrating part - we've achieved so much from a reasonably small amount of the fanbase. If just a little bit more of the fanbase were able/willing to contribute then that would make the progress we all want to see so much easier.

It's a difficult situation for a variety of reasons: many people simply want to support a football club on a match day, and no more. Some people seem hesitant to give money due to BM itself. Some are waiting for rumoured external investment. Many probably couldn't afford a minimum £100 (although that is not an issue now). There's probably a whole host of other reasons too.

However, hopefully people will realise that without funding this stand we are stuck in this division and as this deadline approaches more people will be willing/able to dig deep to help the club progress. As mentioned by divas - it's £20 for everyone attending the game today. I'll be chucking another £20 in to the buckets today - hopefully everyone else who reads this thread can spare the cash to do the same :thumbup: (and maybe is it worth asking Scott to make an announcement to this end at the match?)

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:02 am

I hear what you're saying about giving the fans a break once the seating is achieved.

But lets be honest, we won't be growing crowds in a ground that is suitable, because when we get a gate of 2,000 as we did v Spenny (well below the 3,300 capacity) no one can see anything on the dug out side.

Until we've raised yet more hundreds of thousands of pounds to build extra terracing, reducing the need for as many people to stand on the dug out side, then the ground remains unsuitable :cry:

Just being realistic.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:38 am

Theres a few fans who want to put money into the club but are holding back or deciding not too because of the situation with the groundshare. Ive spoke to one or two fans who have local buisnesses and they would be more than happy to put money in if we had our own ground.......
Alot of fans are put off as they just see it as in there words
" doing the rugby clubs ground up for them "
Even tho the rugby will not benefit from any of the new seating stands at this moment im time.

TDS

Post by TDS » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:51 am

So, we've decided to put pressure on this pitch just before 3 games in one week, potentially costing £42 by the middle of the month (for 3 adults tickets - far more if you are a family).

Forgive my cynicism but I feel when we don't make it, the club can feel far more justified letting whoever they fancy in as "the fans are skint". In reality this has been pushed no further than the hardcore, who already put in without being pushed.

My only suggestion here would be to start an uncovered fund raising thread (which has worked in the past when people see others donating its a snowball effect). I'll be canceling my boost the budget pledge and throw some into the ground development fund.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:08 am

Craig09 wrote:Theres a few fans who want to put money into the club but are holding back or deciding not too because of the situation with the groundshare. Ive spoke to one or two fans who have local buisnesses and they would be more than happy to put money in if we had our own ground.......
Even tho the rugby will not benefit from any of the new seating stands at this moment im time.
I can see where you are coming from, but, we either continue to improve the ground or we just stand still or go backwards, every supporter would love to have our own ground and a 'Steve Gibson' to bankroll us but we haven't and we can't just wait for one to come along.
So I'm putting a tenner in the bucket today :thumbup:

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:11 am

Anyone who donates anything deserves great respect but I’d hope the cancelling of boost the budget donations doesn’t become a general strategy.

That money (and I’m one of the contributors) was pledged and will have been counted in to the forecasts for operating revenue for the season. If it is cancelled there will be a hole that size in the club’s day to day running.

We have contracted players at this level who we’ll be paying throughout their contracts, so any hole in revenue is going to put more pressure on the business. I’m not sure how much contingency we’d have in our financial planning but I wouldn’t expect it’s much.

We all had several options available to us over the summer around how we could choose to support the club and the challenges we have now are just the same.

I’m just not sure it helps the club by cancelling money that’s already been pledged, even if it is to divert it elsewhere.

Like I said at the top though, great respect to everyone who has or will contribute anything to help the club in the way of their choosing.

jonn

Post by jonn » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:58 am

I was surprised there wasn't a plea this summer to 500 Club members to pay for a further year's season ticket (taking us to 2020-2021? I've lost track). If half of us agreed it would raise an instant £50,000.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:19 pm

I've put into the boost the budget and have no intention of changing it. I've also put into the seats and would hope others would do likewise. I'm happy that I can support the playing side and put less than £100 towards seats.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:24 pm

The phrase "kicking the can down the road" springs to mind. Wish we could just do this, get it paid off and crack on. There is no 'fairy god-person' although fair play to the bloke who won the draw last week then immediately gave it back to the club. He typifies the true fans who are doing their bit, no matter how big or small, to keep the club going. Respect!

Now the least any fan can do is get behind the team and be a vocal supporter during the game (with the emphasis on support) : :clap:

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:13 pm

Craig09 wrote:Theres a few fans who want to put money into the club but are holding back or deciding not too because of the situation with the groundshare. Ive spoke to one or two fans who have local buisnesses and they would be more than happy to put money in if we had our own ground.......
And the attitude of the rugby club is largely responsible for that. Had they made us feel like it was home people would feel more secure and be willing to part with money.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:29 pm

This is hard to watch at the moment time wasting to the extreme

Wrong thread :oops:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:27 pm

jonn wrote:I was surprised there wasn't a plea this summer to 500 Club members to pay for a further year's season ticket (taking us to 2020-2021? I've lost track). If half of us agreed it would raise an instant £50,000.
I am not sure 120 people will give £400ish each for a one year extension.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:34 pm

Quakerz wrote:

I hear what you're saying about giving the fans a break once the seating is achieved.

But lets be honest, we won't be growing crowds in a ground that is suitable, because when we get a gate of 2,000 as we did v Spenny (well below the 3,300 capacity) no one can see anything on the dug out side.

Until we've raised yet more hundreds of thousands of pounds to build extra terracing, reducing the need for as many people to stand on the dug out side, then the ground remains unsuitable :cry:

Just being realistic.
I agree. Terracing a much better dividend.

divas

Post by divas » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:14 am

I guess the main worry is that it's the segregated matches that cause the issue so even if and when we have a terrace at that end it will only benefit visiting teams and the darlo fans will still suffer from the same issues.

What we need for ground grading and what we need for a better experience are two different things which is very frustrating.

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:25 pm

Surprised we need these seats the way people talking on the website. Quite a few empty seats yesterday.
Gray is going through the motions trying to make a point that we need these outside investors in .
On another note why is the 50/50 prize over £400 can we not Capp it at £250 and put the rest into the ground.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:47 pm

roadrunner wrote:Surprised we need these seats the way people talking on the website. Quite a few empty seats yesterday.
Gray is going through the motions trying to make a point that we need these outside investors in .
On another note why is the 50/50 prize over £400 can we not Capp it at £250 and put the rest into the ground.
If there were any substance to your second paragraph then Gray should leave immediately.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC