True Hospitality costs

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DarloDave40
Team Supported: Darlington

True Hospitality costs

Post by DarloDave40 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Good to see the club confirm that we do get a major cut from hospitality and wet sales.
Hopefully it will put to bed the doubters that have criticised from Boxing Day. I've been a guest a couple of times on a table of 8 and all I can say the atmosphere and Balcony are excellent but food poor (wet chicken) to really good (lasagne) so like anywhere really.
Last edited by DarloDave40 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lo36789

Re: True Hospitality costs

Post by lo36789 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:34 pm

Indeed. I won't hold my breathe though.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:16 pm

DarloDave40 wrote:Good to see the club confirm that we do get a major cut from hospitality and wet sales.
Hopefully it will put to bed the doubters that have criticised from Boxing Day. I've been a guest a couple of times on a table of 8 and all I can say the atmosphere and Balcony very good and food average to really good.
The hospitality is very good, and I'd recommend people try it out if they haven't.

The statement doesn't actually say we get a 'major cut' of wet sales though. We may well do, but even if we don't get a major cut getting something is better than getting nothing.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:20 am

DarloDave40 wrote:Good to see the club confirm that we do get a major cut from hospitality and wet sales.
Hopefully it will put to bed the doubters that have criticised from Boxing Day. I've been a guest a couple of times on a table of 8 and all I can say the atmosphere and Balcony are excellent but food poor (wet chicken) to really good (lasagne) so like anywhere really.
Describe 'major cut' please ? 25% ? 50% ?

Oh and FWIW, i'd prefer my chicken to be too wet (whatever that means) rather than too dry.
Think before posting

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:05 am

Did you get a chance to give feedback about the food?

Henley

Post by Henley » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:29 pm

The chicken soup presented by the server with their thumb in it is a nice touch.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:43 pm

BUSHEAD wrote:
Describe 'major cut' please ? 25% ? 50% ?

Oh and FWIW, i'd prefer my chicken to be too wet (whatever that means) rather than too dry.
The fact that they have been specific in what we receive for hospitality, the full amount, when they won't give us the details about the bar and matchday food tells you that it's anything but major... it's more likely miniscule.

Now I have formed my own conclusions by reading between the lines in the absence of the facts, which is what many fans have been doing for a while due to the secrecy surrounding this issue.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:08 pm

To be honest even if it was a major cut of profits it would be a miniscule amount of money. It is widely reported and acknowledged that there is next to no profit available from food and drink sales at football matches.

So good news on the hospitality front because Martin Jesper always said this was the space where we can generate some decent revenues on a return home.