Seat Ground Development Fund for between £10 & £99

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Seat Ground Development Fund for between £10 & £99

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:20 pm

So for those who just want to chip in anything above £10 but below £100 DFCSG have set up a pitch for this.

There are no shares available on this route but allows people to put in smaller amounts

https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupport ... rg/pitches

Target is set at 25k, money is taken straight away, weekly or monthly. Basically the same as the budget boost and any money raised does in theory reduce what is needed in the pots.

Spyman

Re: Seat Ground Development Fund for between £10 & £99

Post by Spyman » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:50 pm

This is a great idea. I'll be cancelling my boost the budget payments and putting them towards this instead until the stand is funded.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:16 pm

I won't be able to attend the away game this week so I'll be putting £10 into this instead on Saturday, what I would've paid for a match ticket.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:57 am

this gives me the opportunity to throw some money in. £100 was a lot for me when I have a young family, but I can chuck bits and pieces in now

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:42 pm

Spyman wrote:This is a great idea. I'll be cancelling my boost the budget payments and putting them towards this instead until the stand is funded.

A fantastic idea. I'm on the same page as you as regards priorities more so that the recent evidence suggests success on the field doesn't necessarily lead to increased crowds. I would hope that a similar fund could be set up for terracing as well as this is a major issue now.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:53 pm

princes town wrote:I would hope that a similar fund could be set up for terracing as well as this is a major issue now.
It is not as big an issue as the ground grading though.

Think we best concentrating on tackling the first hurdle before worrying about how you get over the 10th one otherwise we going to end up diluting funds.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:14 pm

lo36789 wrote:
princes town wrote:I would hope that a similar fund could be set up for terracing as well as this is a major issue now.
It is not as big an issue as the ground grading though.

Think we best concentrating on tackling the first hurdle before worrying about how you get over the 10th one otherwise we going to end up diluting funds.
Realistically the terrace won't happen unless we are promoted due to the grants available to us at the next level. Unless of course we aren't promoted for 5 years the new we could re-apply

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:30 pm

princes town wrote:
Spyman wrote:This is a great idea. I'll be cancelling my boost the budget payments and putting them towards this instead until the stand is funded.

A fantastic idea. I'm on the same page as you as regards priorities more so that the recent evidence suggests success on the field doesn't necessarily lead to increased crowds.
Bingo! You're spot on.

We often hear that doing well and winning matches will lead to bigger crowds.

However, since we moved to Blackwell, there's not a scrap of evidence to support that theory. We were top 5 last season and attendances were disappointing. Attendances are at a very similar level to when we were in the Conference at the Arena.

That's why this new initiative is very much welcome. At last the club are doing something to help push the ground development forwards.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:50 pm

Great :thumbup:

The terrace might have to be funded the same way if we need to be promoted for more funding. It simply needs doing. Ideally it could start smaller and then be expanded all the way to the corner. Right now, something even the length of the penalty area (obviously we can't go to the corner on the clubhouse side anyway, due to the pipe) would be a massive help, and might have to be funded a similar way. It would then be gradually made larger, and a roof put over it.

Right now, lets just get the damned seats built. I'd think eventually the plan will be to take those seats right down to the corner eventually as well, but that's some way off right now.

shawry

Post by shawry » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:12 pm

Glad this has been done :) donated

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:26 pm

I've been nagging about this option for a while and to be fair dfcsg seem to have listened to ideas so well done. I've chucked some in but those on Twitter and Facebook need to get the message out to our 7-8000 who only do Wembley!

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Presume more than £99 can be donated in one go if a person doesn't want to go through the share process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:57 pm

QuakerPete wrote:Presume more than £99 can be donated in one go if a person doesn't want to go through the share process?

No idea but I'd have thought those people would be few and far between.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:08 pm

QuakerPete wrote:Presume more than £99 can be donated in one go if a person doesn't want to go through the share process?

Absolutely £10 min, no max.

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:59 am

don't tell er indoors just added to this fund as well

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:53 am

Well, that's £155 we didn't have in the kitty yesterday! Like I say we need to get this out there into the wider community-I'm not on twitter or facebook but seems like almost everyone else is so come on people!!

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:28 pm

I have donated£120 to this fund, I did not realise it was for sums between 10 -99 £ but surprise surprise it was taken. I have donated to the pitch and stand/seating and did not want to contribute to Boost the Budget, but I am disappointed no other pledges appear have been made since mine 6 days, ago fans must have requested it so where are they?

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:41 pm

DaveMc wrote:I have donated£120 to this fund, I did not realise it was for sums between 10 -99 £ but surprise surprise it was taken. I have donated to the pitch and stand/seating and did not want to contribute to Boost the Budget, but I am disappointed no other pledges appear have been made since mine 6 days, ago fans must have requested it so where are they?
See earlier post by divas-no max but community shares are available from £100

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:53 pm

DaveMc wrote:I have donated£120 to this fund, I did not realise it was for sums between 10 -99 £ but surprise surprise it was taken. I have donated to the pitch and stand/seating and did not want to contribute to Boost the Budget, but I am disappointed no other pledges appear have been made since mine 6 days, ago fans must have requested it so where are they?
Maybe those whose were making small weekly donations to the playing budget are waiting for those amounts to equate a £10 donation.

DC

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:57 pm

I paid my membership in full the other week and now noticed I'm still paying a monthly £1.67 or so-if we all kept that mistake going we'd have a fair amount to add! 1,000 of us would sort the seats!

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:46 am

Well, just over 20k left to find! Be interesting to know if we have any monies from the cup match to add in or if there's a lump sum from our memberships? Perhaps we've saved on the playing budget and that can be added. I think if we can get reasonably near the target we'd all chuck a bit more in to get it there

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:46 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Well, just over 20k left to find! Be interesting to know if we have any monies from the cup match to add in or if there's a lump sum from our memberships? Perhaps we've saved on the playing budget and that can be added. I think if we can get reasonably near the target we'd all chuck a bit more in to get it there

Yes, there's that £4500 we didn't win. Some of the players' time would have been put to more productive use if they'd spent last Saturday rattling buckets.

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:42 pm

Seats would been in now if we'd kept Lewis Wing in the starting line up for Boro tonight so Shildon get there money.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:52 pm

That'll be the same Lewis Wing who didn't impress when he was here so players in better form got their place ahead of him.

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Or didn't get a chance ?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:58 pm

loan_star wrote:That'll be the same Lewis Wing who didn't impress when he was here so players in better form got their place ahead of him.
Players need time to develop, make mistakes, learn and try again.

We haven't been in a position that we wanted to take time developing a player, that's Gray and the fans. We have all wanted to be top of the league, pushing for promotion, winning every game.

Same with Saunders maybe he won't make it at this level but Gray hasn't trusted him with a start this season or even Vaulks. It's not simple to give them a start especially because we are struggling for results lately, however we will never know if we don't drop them in the team to try.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:17 pm

And there was me trying to be positive! Yes, it would have been great to get through in the cup but we didn't-it was an extra game so maybe we have some funds from it?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:25 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
loan_star wrote:That'll be the same Lewis Wing who didn't impress when he was here so players in better form got their place ahead of him.
Players need time to develop, make mistakes, learn and try again.

We haven't been in a position that we wanted to take time developing a player, that's Gray and the fans. We have all wanted to be top of the league, pushing for promotion, winning every game.

Same with Saunders maybe he won't make it at this level but Gray hasn't trusted him with a start this season or even Vaulks. It's not simple to give them a start especially because we are struggling for results lately, however we will never know if we don't drop them in the team to try.
Thing is if Gray had given him a run in the team and results went against us then he would have had people asking why. Similar to the furore over Cartman, whys he not playing when he's better than Caton etc.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:35 pm

Agree that's why I said Gray and the fans, it's a quest to win every game.

Stems back to the short-termism thread we have, we are always looking for the quick win in everything we do, all panicky that we will go back to the NL in front of 300 if we aren't pushing for promotion and splashing cash.

Long term vision of the club required which seems quite tricky with a CEO working on things in the background that we don't know about, which he mentions in every programme notes. Probably nothing he can do about this if they haven't moved fast enough but just leaves us in a limbo, are we being lined up to any investor or are we fan funded for the near/long term future.
Last edited by super_les_mcjannet on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:54 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Agree that's why I said Gray and the fans, it's a quest to win every game.

Stems back to the short-termism thread we have, we are always looking for the quick win in everything we do, all panicky that we will go back to the NL in front of 300 if we aren't pushing for promotion and splashing cash.

Long term vision of the club required which seems quite tricky with a CEO working on things in the background that we don't know about, which he mentions in every programme notes. Probably nothing he can do about this if they haven't moved fast enough but just leaves us in a limbo, are we being pimped out to any investor or are we fan funded for the near/long term future.
Back in the days Wing was with us there was only one real clear objective and that was 2 promotions in 3 seasons. There was only one promotion spot guaranteed, we had a winning team, no reserves, and very acute cash flow problems (no news there!)

Put all that together and it’s forgivable that we didn’t keep him. Looks a great shame now of course since he’s turning in to such a good player.

Would we do it differently now, I’m not sure. I think it would be more possible to develop a player like that these days but the problem is you have to maybe bring half a dozen or more through before you get the one who turns out to be the diamond.

For me, the greater priority is getting the basics right. Seats, terracing, commercial, stability, whilst keeping the playing side ambitious enough to keep people interested and with a chance of competing. That’s where the balancing act comes in and it’s a difficult balance to find.