York City Transfer Targets

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_CR
Team Supported: Darlington

York City Transfer Targets

Post by Darlo_CR » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:22 pm

Martin Gray has stated that there will be three new additions to their squad in his press conference. What’s the odds on Ferguson and Bartlett being two of the three?

poppyfield

Re: York City Transfer Targets

Post by poppyfield » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:27 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:Martin Gray has stated that there will be three new additions to their squad in his press conference. What’s the odds on Ferguson and Bartlett being two of the three?
If they are I assume they are under contract to us , so we determine how much they are worth.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:31 pm

poppyfield wrote:If they are I assume they are under contract to us , so we determine how much they are worth.
Maybe they'll quit and get signed up by York the next day?

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:34 pm

He can take Caton with him. And sharpish. No fee. I'll even buy the train ticket...I still get discount as a DFCSG member right?

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:54 pm

The other is probably Vaulks long term prospect ?
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:56 pm

poppyfield wrote:
Darlo_CR wrote:Martin Gray has stated that there will be three new additions to their squad in his press conference. What’s the odds on Ferguson and Bartlett being two of the three?
If they are I assume they are under contract to us , so we determine how much they are worth.
But who decides how much they are worth?

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:58 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
poppyfield wrote:If they are I assume they are under contract to us , so we determine how much they are worth.
Can that be the case ? even at this level of football contracts have to mean something, other wise why would anybody pay any transfer fees.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:59 pm

poppyfield wrote:
Yarblockos wrote:
Can that be the case ? even at this level of football contracts have to mean something, other wise why would anybody pay any transfer fees.

The club would still hold their registration in that case

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:01 pm

m62exile wrote:
poppyfield wrote:
I would assume the club that holds the players contract to play football in this league.
Didn't we pay X amount for Cartman?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:03 pm

As long as there's no clauses relating to FT football/release clauses in the player contracts, then we're presumably in a strong position to bleed York for as much money as we can get if Gray comes looking to poach any of our players.

I tell you what though, Gray is quick to analyse a squad and identify where it needs to be improved and who with, consisting he presumably was only approached about the York job after tendering his resignation with us yesterday morning. Impressive efficiency there.
Last edited by al_quaker on Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:04 pm

m62exile wrote:
poppyfield wrote:
MG and then he tells our board :thumbup:

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:07 pm

poppyfield wrote:
m62exile wrote:
poppyfield wrote:
I would assume the club that holds the players contract to play football in this league.
Didn't we pay X amount for Cartman?
No, I mean "who", as in literally "who", which individuals? There's no doubt we have the players contracted but any valuations are potentially critical decisions for our future.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:08 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
m62exile wrote:
poppyfield wrote:
MG and then he tells our board :thumbup:
Haha yep that's the obvious worry.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Well Ferguson an England C player must be worth a few bob

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:11 pm

If Bartlett and Ferguson go then that really finishes our season without doubt.If they are all from Darlo then the 3rd could be Beck who we all know is probably Grays favourite player.But surely we have to place a significant valuation on Ferguson, surely at least £50k, and we all know Bartlett is a quality keeper so surely he has a price.

Cannot help but think Gray has done an awful lot since quarter to 5 on Saturday, how does he even know the strengths and weaknesses of York City to even identify who he needs let alone sign them.The whole thing stinks IMO and Gray has shown his true colours loud and clear and just makes you wonder if this has had an impact on our performances.This had really got to me and looks like nothing will get in the way of his ambitions.Should be an interesting game when we meet them at BM.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:14 pm

If we as a club get stitched up in any shape or form from any transfer dealings there is going to be hell on.

bga

Post by bga » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:24 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:If Bartlett and Ferguson go then that really finishes our season without doubt.If they are all from Darlo then the 3rd could be Beck who we all know is probably Grays favourite player.But surely we have to place a significant valuation on Ferguson, surely at least £50k, and we all know Bartlett is a quality keeper so surely he has a price.

Cannot help but think Gray has done an awful lot since quarter to 5 on Saturday, how does he even know the strengths and weaknesses of York City to even identify who he needs let alone sign them.The whole thing stinks IMO and Gray has shown his true colours loud and clear and just makes you wonder if this has had an impact on our performances.This had really got to me and looks like nothing will get in the way of his ambitions.Should be an interesting game when we meet them at BM.
I have really mixed feelings about MG at present. In a strange way he may have (deliberately?) given some players a 2 year contract at the start of the season, knowing he was likely to leave, and that if he then signed them, we could get a fee? Or do I always look for the good in people? Ferguson and Bartlett are quality but Beck to me has always been a "one trick pony."

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:26 pm

We're merely speculating that he's going to come back in for some of our better players - if he has one strength it appears to be having a broad knowledge of players at this level and their strengths/weaknesses. He may well have targets outside of DFC.

But, if he were to come in for Bartlett, and even more so Ferguson, who is still in the early stages of his career, I'd hope we'd hold out for a figure that could really change our fortunes and take the pressure off the supporters financially. An amount that would get the ground up to scratch for the National League and some way towards the level above that (even if it is just improvements to the general viewing angles etc rather than ticking every box).

Ferguson is a player who could make us some decent money in the future and if he's let go on the cheap it'll be a disgrace.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:30 pm

bga wrote: I have really mixed feelings about MG at present. In a strange way he may have (deliberately?) given some players a 2 year contract at the start of the season, knowing he was likely to leave, and that if he then signed them, we could get a fee? Or do I always look for the good in people? Ferguson and Bartlett are quality but Beck to me has always been a "one trick pony."
I think you're giving Gray way more credit than he deserves.

He (or the club) handed out 2 year contracts to players that clearly had no resale value as well. I don't believe for a second that Gray recommended contract extensions for players so that he could buy them rather than take them for free if he moved on.

Budget has been all important to him during his time as our manager, and naturally anyone who wants the maximum resource available to them to make their job as easy as possible is not going to put barriers in their own way when it comes to getting the most out of those resources.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Perhaps he's targeting players he couldn't afford whilst here, Ferguson would be absolutely no surprise though.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:39 pm

Why have we signed this Mendes this week when Gray knew he was going to be leaving? Was it a Gregan and Atkinson signing as a replacement for Beck? Purely speculation of course.

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:42 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:Why have we signed this Mendes this week when Gray knew he was going to be leaving? Was it a Gregan and Atkinson signing as a replacement for Beck? Purely speculation of course.
He's Portuguese, Ronaldo is Portuguese. Coincidence??? Non-league Ronaldo???

bga

Post by bga » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Spyman wrote:
bga wrote: I have really mixed feelings about MG at present. In a strange way he may have (deliberately?) given some players a 2 year contract at the start of the season, knowing he was likely to leave, and that if he then signed them, we could get a fee? Or do I always look for the good in people? Ferguson and Bartlett are quality but Beck to me has always been a "one trick pony."
I think you're giving Gray way more credit than he deserves.

He (or the club) handed out 2 year contracts to players that clearly had no resale value as well. I don't believe for a second that Gray recommended contract extensions for players so that he could buy them rather than take them for free if he moved on.

Budget has been all important to him during his time as our manager, and naturally anyone who wants the maximum resource available to them to make their job as easy as possible is not going to put barriers in their own way when it comes to getting the most out of those resources.
My comment was slightly tongue in cheek! I'll stop sitting on the fence about MG, I am not convinced that he was a good enough Manager at this level, to turn things around for us, as he has appeared clueless over the last 10 games. light the touch paper!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:02 pm

Does Bartlett want to return to FT? I thought the whole basis of his move to us was to get out of FT football - has the Middlesbrough thing changed all of that now or is he still pursuing the coaching career?

Ferguson a completely different as Spyman says he has FL potential we would need a decent fee plus add-ons.

I don't understand why York would want Beck when they have Rankine & Parkin.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:14 pm

Rankine has illness and injury and isn't too popular with the fans and Parkin, while popular, is about 30 stone now, often injured and approaching the final furlong of his career.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:19 pm

Think Ferguson is a definite but I'm sure Gray has other players in mind that he wanted to bring to Darlo, couldn't afford, but can now. Beck has a knee injury at the moment so unlikely to be him, what about Gillies Gray seems to like him.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:26 pm

Gillies said when he signed for Darlo that he wanted to get back into full time football. Think that's also the case with Ferguson.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:03 pm

Gray says he wants new players in by the weekend so we'll know soon enough. He certainly didn't rule Darlington players out when asked that in his unveiling so it looks pretty much nailed on to me that our better players are on his radar.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:17 pm

Well, if players are going to be allowed to be sold..We MUST put in a sell on clause.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Our Directors need to be really strong when any offers come in from York. Nobody offers what they think a player is worth when trying to buy them, any offer will be below market value and therefore must be rejected. Also I don't trust BA, SG or our "CEO" to put their loyalties towards MG on the back burner to make the right decision for our club. It feels like we are about to get f|_|cked.

I'm happy for MG to leave given the circumstances with the only real blemish being his outburst at the fans forum. However if we get no compensation and/or he raids our best players I'll never forgive him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!