Dave Hodgson

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlodaz
Team Supported: Darlington

Dave Hodgson

Post by darlodaz » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:42 pm

Is Dave Hodgson still involved with the club in some sort of way?

For me he has always seemed to have the best interests of DFC at heart and for me i would love for him to be involved in some sort of role.

roadrunner

Re: Dave Hodgson

Post by roadrunner » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:47 pm

Was going to get foreign players in if the yarm consortium had got in.
General manager

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:55 pm

I think the short answer is no.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:02 pm

All I remember Hodgy for recently was his backing of Radged Strings in the paper, and his reasoning seemed contradictory and rambling.

Came across as so out of touch.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo-and-Back

Post by Darlo-and-Back » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:09 pm

He was on the original Advisory Panel and didn't contribute, had his chance when we needed him. Too busy with Snowdomes perhaps

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:12 pm

why do people always want to go back to the past with managers and players. There's plenty of new exciting managers/players out there

darlodaz

Post by darlodaz » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:22 pm

D-F-C I was not suggesting he came back as a manager I was merely asking if he was still involved with us in some sort of capacity.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:38 pm

Absolutely no way. Over a decade out of management and no experience at this level. Not to mention the Singh-backing contradiction that Quakerz mentions.

Not what we need.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:36 pm

Not sure anyone is suggesting he returns as a manager, but if he'd be involved in another way... who knows. He probably doesn't want to, lets be realistic.

Regarding other managers... honestly, i don't know who is out there that we could get. I doubt we'd be willing to pay any (or much certainly) in the way of compensation. Are there any prospects in the Northern League? Ultimately, we're looking at someone who has failed at a higher level, succeeded at a lower one, or it being their first managerial appointment. Maybe a player manager?

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:46 pm

We have in Atkinson and Gregan

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:04 pm

darlo reborn wrote:We have in Atkinson and Gregan
Yes let's get behind the lads and who knows some small businesses could come forward now the little Gob shite has gone.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:14 pm

But you are still here ?

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:26 pm

banktopp wrote:But you are still here ?
I think roadrunner's heart is in the right place, even if his foot sometimes isn't.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:41 pm

We need to let our new managers have their chance to steady the ship and bring some stability in these difficult times and it's time to get behind them while they show us what they can do.

But if there comes a time when we need to cast the net there is one manager I can think of who I think might tick the boxes. He successfully managed a Northern League side, turning them from a heap of crap into a decent side playing good football. In fact they gave us a tonking in one game. He moved onto an Evo Stik club, saving them from relegation and then coming very close to the play-offs on an extremely limited budget. He's been used to making the best of meagre resources, plays football the right way, is young, measured, ambitious, good at man management and lives locally. He's also good at developing young players. I'm quite sure he'd see our budget as it is.... more than generous and competitive at this level. Easy to work out....

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:24 am

LoidLucan wrote:We need to let our new managers have their chance to steady the ship and bring some stability in these difficult times and it's time to get behind them while they show us what they can do.

But if there comes a time when we need to cast the net there is one manager I can think of who I think might tick the boxes. He successfully managed a Northern League side, turning them from a heap of crap into a decent side playing good football. In fact they gave us a tonking in one game. He moved onto an Evo Stik club, saving them from relegation and then coming very close to the play-offs on an extremely limited budget. He's been used to making the best of meagre resources, plays football the right way, is young, measured, ambitious, good at man management and lives locally. He's also good at developing young players. I'm quite sure he'd see our budget as it is.... more than generous and competitive at this level. Easy to work out....
Go on....
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

eddierowlesbeardd

Post by eddierowlesbeardd » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:34 am

We need someone who is hungry to work at our level and do well for himself and the club.

Hodgson is far from being that man.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:40 am

LoidLucan wrote:We need to let our new managers have their chance to steady the ship and bring some stability in these difficult times and it's time to get behind them while they show us what they can do.

Chris Hardy, Whitby and ex Guisborough Town?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:24 am

That'll be the one. Turned Guisborough from Division Two strugglers to Division One title contenders and were known as one of the best footballing sides in the league under Hardy. Also produced Danny Johnson, currently at Gateshead, and got Dale Hopson's career very much on the up. Hardy's got the right background for me... in fact the only blackspot I can find is that he's signed John Campbell :crazy: ... although he did score on his debut for Whitby!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:55 am

darlodaz wrote:Is Dave Hodgson still involved with the club in some sort of way?

For me he has always seemed to have the best interests of DFC at heart and for me i would love for him to be involved in some sort of role.
Hodgy was good friends with Gray and he used to come to home games at HP as his guest. I guess what has happened this week, might have put a strain on that friendship, as Hodgy would always put Darlo first.

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:44 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
darlodaz wrote:Is Dave Hodgson still involved with the club in some sort of way?

Hodgy was good friends with Gray and he used to come to home games at HP as his guest. I guess what has happened this week, might have put a strain on that friendship, as Hodgy would always put Darlo first.
Hodgy is the one that told Gray to accept RS money. He won't bat an eyelid

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:59 am

LoidLucan wrote:That'll be the one. Turned Guisborough from Division Two strugglers to Division One title contenders and were known as one of the best footballing sides in the league under Hardy. Also produced Danny Johnson, currently at Gateshead, and got Dale Hopson's career very much on the up. Hardy's got the right background for me... in fact the only blackspot I can find is that he's signed John Campbell :crazy: ... although he did score on his debut for Whitby!
Very different character to Gray. His post match interview from their defeat at Stalybridge from Tuesday is illustrative.

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:42 am

Hodgy facilitated the meeting between RS and MG, at his house, no less.

Have we seen nothing in what Gray has done to stop looking back at supposed loyal people?

Hodgy is far more interested helping his daughters run their new business.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:58 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:as Hodgy would always put Darlo first.
Says who? You do talk some s*** Pete!