York City Transfer Targets

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: York City Transfer Targets

Post by lo36789 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:06 am

If we could guarantee that you were representing York City / Martin Gray it wouldn't be that much of a gamble though I suppose...

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:43 am

D_F_C wrote:
JE93 wrote:Well our current squad looks like this.

GK: Bartlett, Wilczynski
DEF: Hunter, Marrs, Brown, Galbraith, Ferguson, Collins
MID: Gillies, Syers, Thompson, Turnbull, Scott, Hume, Portas, Dawson.
STR: Beck, Cartman, Saunders, Caton, Mendes

Transfer list: Burgess

Based on pure guesswork I reckon some of the players included in grays 3 would be a combination of: Bartlett, Ferguson, Gillies and Beck.

All I'd know is I'd want at least 25k per each of those players. They are all contracted we do not have to sell. If you want them it has to be worth our while.
Did I make this up in my head, but didn't burgess go back to whitby? Therefore not with us anymore?
Someone posted on here that they were due to announce a new signing last week and put two and two together I think.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:03 am

Spyman wrote:
D_F_C wrote:
JE93 wrote:Well our current squad looks like this.

GK: Bartlett, Wilczynski
DEF: Hunter, Marrs, Brown, Galbraith, Ferguson, Collins
MID: Gillies, Syers, Thompson, Turnbull, Scott, Hume, Portas, Dawson.
STR: Beck, Cartman, Saunders, Caton, Mendes

Transfer list: Burgess

Based on pure guesswork I reckon some of the players included in grays 3 would be a combination of: Bartlett, Ferguson, Gillies and Beck.

All I'd know is I'd want at least 25k per each of those players. They are all contracted we do not have to sell. If you want them it has to be worth our while.
Did I make this up in my head, but didn't burgess go back to whitby? Therefore not with us anymore?
Someone posted on here that they were due to announce a new signing last week and put two and two together I think.
There is a northern echo article on my phone that says he signed for whitby

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:19 am

So many people in jobs they don't enjoy but it doesn't mean you don't do things to the best of your ability. Coutinho, for example.

GaryChapman=God

Post by GaryChapman=God » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:36 pm

Last edited by GaryChapman=God on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:18 pm

To be honest, Beck has been a shadow of himself this season and never looks like scoring.

If we can get money for him, and his wage off the bill (he's probably one of the higher earners) then it might be best all round.

Ferguson, even if we got a whopping fee for him it would be hard to take because he's going to a club in the same league.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:31 pm

Quakerz wrote:To be honest, Beck has been a shadow of himself this season and never looks like scoring.

If we can get money for him, and his wage off the bill (he's probably one of the higher earners) then it might be best all round.

Ferguson, even if we got a whopping fee for him it would be hard to take because he's going to a club in the same league.
Ferguson is great. But we have players in his position. We have no one to replace Beck. As much as I am a fan of Nathan, he can't play up front alone. We'd need a big fee for both to make it worth our while. And I can't see that happening.

Is Armstrong still available? Can he play at this level? Like for like replacement for Beck? I'd only let them go if he takes Caton too. He is a purge on our wage bill.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Beck and Ferguson are vital for our future, they can both command a decent transfer fee, letting them go for peanuts (or a bloody friendly!!!!) would be a massive kick in the balls, significantly set the squad back and possibly push the club towards relegation. We should need a very good offer to even consider it, and as I said previously york/MG will not offer what the players are worth, any offer will be below market value and therefore should be rejected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

liddle_4_ever

Post by liddle_4_ever » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:47 pm

As for what to do if a player or manager spits their dummy out at not wanting to follow their contract you put them on unpaid gardening leave until they grow some balls.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:52 pm

What's the likelihood of Gray trying to swap parkin for beck? He's going to want shot of him I'm sure, and get he's on a fair bit of money.

liddle_4_ever

Post by liddle_4_ever » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:59 pm

Why would we agree to pay more wages for a worse player with no future?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:03 pm

Perhaps, being as we are a fan-based club, there should be a referendum for all of the shareholders on all the key decisions . for example how much we would accept in compensation or how much players should be transferred for? True democracy or just a pipe-dream??

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:08 pm

jjljks wrote:Perhaps, being as we are a fan-based club, there should be a referendum for all of the shareholders on all the key decisions . for example how much we would accept in compensation or how much players should be transferred for? True democracy or just a pipe-dream??
That's a pipe dream. We have to trust the board on this kind of thing, that's what they were elected for.

I'm sure Johnson won't do any favours for his mate Martin Gray...

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:36 pm

jjljks wrote:Perhaps, being as we are a fan-based club, there should be a referendum for all of the shareholders on all the key decisions . for example how much we would accept in compensation or how much players should be transferred for? True democracy or just a pipe-dream??
I think another fan owned club tried this (Brentford maybe anyway it was a southern club) ended in chaos apparently

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:43 pm

Parkin is on £2,000 a week.

No chance.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Taylors in skinnergate might be a big attraction for him.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:03 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
That's a pipe dream. We have to trust the board on this kind of thing, that's what they were elected for.

I'm sure Johnson won't do any favours for his mate Martin Gray...
More correctly the DFCSG Board are elected and given a mandate to appoint the DFC Board, which is the one which makes all the decisions regarding things which take place on the football pitch.

Nominations will be open soon for any members of the DFCSG to stand for election at the AGM in November if they want to push for a way for the board to seek and gauge opinion of the members on such matters. Otherwise we just carry on as we are, for good or bad, and no-one can have any complaints.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:49 pm

Do you have a vote each game as to tactics, then votes during game as to changes in tactics, substitutions etc

By the time you had the results of each vote the game would be over

Democracy means appointing people to take decisions - same as with a PLC where shareholders appoint directors to take decisions

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:57 pm

spen666 wrote:
Do you have a vote each game as to tactics, then votes during game as to changes in tactics, substitutions etc

Democracy means appointing people to take decisions - same as with a PLC where shareholders appoint directors to take decisions
Silly example :thumbdown:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

shawry

Post by shawry » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:01 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
spen666 wrote:

Silly example Image
I dunno, Twitter poll running til 60 mins, lowest polling players get subbed ;)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:04 pm

Was it Ebbsfleet that let the fans choose the team?!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:10 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Was it Ebbsfleet that let the fans choose the team?!
Yes.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:47 pm

I wonder whether the players who've been mentioned in this thread would actually want to follow Gray to York. Depending on his man management style, what if they were glad to see the back of him? In my trade I had some good managers and some I was glad to see the back of.

Darlo-and-Back

Post by Darlo-and-Back » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:50 pm

It was a squad motivated by fear, never a good leadership technique.

shawry

Post by shawry » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:15 pm

Darlo-and-Back wrote:It was a squad motivated by fear, never a good leadership technique.
Not sure it was fear. Discipline definitely but not fear.

I still think he is too one dimensional though.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:20 pm

God time is dragging waiting to hear if any players are moving on. Roll on Saturday.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:41 am

If Beck leaves for York, who replaces him up front? Cartman is not the solution before people put his name forward.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:24 am

jjljks wrote:Perhaps, being as we are a fan-based club
I am not even sure what fan-based means. We are fan owned - if you own shares in another company you do not get to make management decisions - you appoint the appropriate person to do so.
Yarblockos wrote:That's a pipe dream.
Sounds like an absolute nightmare never mind a pipe dream.

If we sell Beck / Ferguson unless there are clauses in their contract which enable them to go full time for next to nothing then we must hold out for a fair market value. Both are under 24 so have sell on potential for any potential buyer. York's money is as good as anybody else if it is the same amount.

I still think that between Gillies / Caton / Thompson we can field good enough wide midfielders for the division. I think we would need to bring in a new striker mind - but could Mendes / Saunders / Cartman be given a chance first?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:33 am

For some perspective on valuations, Gray signed Liam Hardy from Buxton for £14,000. Beck's younger and has Football League experience.

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:55 am

As a fan of Beck, and being hugely grateful for all his (in the end meaningless) goals for us last season. I'd be quite content if he went for a decent sum, Fergie less so because I feel he is just that much better but ultimately I'd quite like us to become a club that bloods youngsters and moves them on, would be a big help financially.