Atkinson and Gregan gone

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

al_quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Atkinson and Gregan gone

Post by al_quaker » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:56 pm

Spyman

Re: Atkinson and Gregan gone

Post by Spyman » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:57 pm

I wonder how long until they pop up at York?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:03 pm

This is pitiful. We are the footballing equivalent of Theresa May's conference speech.
Everything is going wrong and people just feel sorry for us.

This is humiliating.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:05 pm

Anyone interested should send their CV to david.johnston@darlingtonfc.org by 5pm on Tuesday 10th October. Please note that only genuine applications will be accepted.

Darlo-Pete take note....

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:05 pm

On the bright side I suppose it's a chance for a completely fresh start. Step forwards Chris Hardy please....

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:11 pm

This is so so ridiculous, we literally have no coaching staff. I don't even know what to say. This is going to be like my 5-a-side team where we call the subs after we get tired.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:11 pm

al_quaker wrote:On the bright side I suppose it's a chance for a completely fresh start. Step forwards Chris Hardy please....
Yep, puts to bed any confusion or rumours over links between Atkinson/Gregan and Gray/York.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Gazzadfc

Post by Gazzadfc » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:13 pm

at least somebody has been doing their homework.

Following consultation with the National League and the boards of Darlington Football Club and Darlington FCSG, Brian has been told that he must stand down from his role at Darlington FC because of a conflict of interest with his role as a director at the Martin Gray Football Academy.

darlomadbutler

Post by darlomadbutler » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:13 pm

I just don`t know what to say!!!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:13 pm

JamesDarlo wrote:This is so so ridiculous, we literally have no coaching staff. I don't even know what to say. This is going to be like my 5-a-side team where we call the subs after we get tired.
Still got Beck and Ferguson to leave yet. This is going to get worse before it gets better.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:14 pm

This might be a shock but it's for the best. There was a clear conflict of interest with Atkinson and Gray being co-directors of a company and managing rival teams in the same division. It's far better we have a clean slate with all connections to Gray wiped away. Fresh start.... be great if we could get Hardy interested. I think he would be a safe pair of hands and has all the credentials we should be looking for.

broadsexile

Post by broadsexile » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:15 pm

It is definitely for the best, but it's a pain in the arse and Typical Darlo to boot.

bigrichiet

Post by bigrichiet » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:18 pm

Turnbull n Brownys Black n White Army

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:18 pm

LoidLucan wrote:This might be a shock but it's for the best. There was a clear conflict of interest with Atkinson and Gray being co-directors of a company and managing rival teams in the same division. It's far better we have a clean slate with all connections to Gray wiped away. Fresh start.... be great if we could get Hardy interested. I think he would be a safe pair of hands and has all the credentials we should be looking for.
So shouldn't Gray also stand down from his position at York (or not have been allowed to take it in the first place)?

DC

offside

Post by offside » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:19 pm

Gray will no doubt be loving this!!!!

Hope he does shite at york!!!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:19 pm

Better to find out now. We have may started the Atkinson-Gregan era only to land in trouble with points deductions and God knows what else because of this conflict of interest. It was flagged up on this board that there was a potential problem over this and what the league says makes sense.
I also think there will be a lot interest in this job with some interesting names throwing their hat into the ring.
Last edited by LoidLucan on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:19 pm

ffs Only at Darlo........................

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:19 pm

Darlogramps wrote:This is pitiful. We are the footballing equivalent of Theresa May's conference speech.
Everything is going wrong and people just feel sorry for us.

This is humiliating.
Shows how far behind the progress of the rest of the club has been in comparison to the on pitch progress

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:21 pm

Bloody. Hell.

Honestly, i don't know. Chris Hardy seems a good option, but that depends on what money we have to offer. Do we actually have no coaching staff right now? Perhaps worryingly, is that even allowed??

I can't understand why Gregan has walked away. Was he even on a longer term deal?

This football club :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:22 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
JamesDarlo wrote:This is so so ridiculous, we literally have no coaching staff. I don't even know what to say. This is going to be like my 5-a-side team where we call the subs after we get tired.
Still got Beck and Ferguson to leave yet. This is going to get worse before it gets better.
What else are the club supposed to do?They simply have to go if these are the rules, correct decision without doubt and we can make a completely fresh start with a new manager and coaching staff.

Gazzadfc

Post by Gazzadfc » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:24 pm

This is Darlo FC, we have been thru much worse, just have to regroup, pick up the pieces and move on.....its the only way we know.

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:24 pm

I do feel sorry for Brian & Sean but hats off to Club for taking what I’d imagine was a difficult but enforced decision. At least it has now totally taken away any connection that DFC has to MGFA.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:28 pm

I can understand Atkinson leaving - people on here questioned the link, and it's good to see the club double checking before anything more serious happened to the club. Hopefully we can get rid of all links to MGFA soon.

Not sure why Gregan seemed happy with a contract until the end of the season when he was joint manager with Atkinson, but not after Atkinson had to leave.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:29 pm

I'm sat here, and i still don't understand Gregans logic. How is walking away to nothing more secure than having a go until the end of the season??? Wants more job security, so took unemployment?

Understand Atkinson if the academy is paying him more than he earns for DFC.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:30 pm

Got to make the best of it now and try to turn it into a positive. This is one of the best non-league clubs to manage in the North-east and I'm sure we can find a good boss to take us forward.
Last edited by LoidLucan on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:30 pm

And there we have it, like I said a couple of days ago to all those who thought it for the best and good riddance to Gray, good riddance to talk of investment etc etc . Club unstable and a laughing stock yet again......no manager, no coaches, no plan, no stand, no money.......and soon no best players........and yet a lot of you still think it's for the best.!
Could have all looked so so different.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:32 pm

Definite case of short term pain, long term gain. This was always going to happen when MG left due to how he was allowed to intertwine his business with the football club. I was always uncomfortable with this for a number of reasons but it's good to have a clean slate.Not sure how much business MGFA will now get from the region.

Despite the recent turbulence this club is a very attractive proposition and in a good position a point outside of the play-offs. I doubt there'll be a shortage of interested parties. We just have to trust the board to choose the right one who buys into what we're trying to do.

In terms of what's happened to this club over the last 10 years this is nothing, we've overcome far bigger hurdles.
Last edited by Undercovered on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:32 pm

Oh, but hey, at last we are owned by the fans!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:32 pm

Quakerlad wrote:And there we have it, like I said a couple of days ago to all those who thought it for the best and good riddance to Gray, good riddance to talk of investment etc etc . Club unstable and a laughing stock yet again......no manager, no coaches, no plan, no stand, no money.......and soon no best players........and yet a lot of you still think it's for the best.!
Could have all looked so so different.
There was no talk of investment. No one wants to invest in the club. You are actually making things up.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:33 pm

Yeah, we could have gone bust again under RS if Gray had his way.
Last edited by LoidLucan on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.