Who would you like to see take over?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Who would you like to see take over?

Post by Spyman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:57 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Re the selection process, does anyone know if the Supporters Group will have an input over shortlisting, interviews and appointing the new boss.
I'd assume not. They select the board and the board have responsibility for appointing the manager.

Still no private message from Radged/Martin/Schteve/Hodgy/Quakerlad re my offer to meet for a beer tomorrow.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:59 pm

Spyman wrote: Still no private message from Radged/Martin/Schteve/Hodgy/Quakerlad/Ted re my offer to meet for a beer tomorrow.
Corrected for you 8-)

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:18 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Re the selection process, does anyone know if the Supporters Group will have an input over shortlisting, interviews and appointing the new boss.
They should, really, as the corporate director of DFC. The Uncovered forum is well-read by the board so they'll know who the fans picks are.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:35 pm

Ray was on radio Tees yesterday saying the club had already received quite a few CVs just after MG jumped ship, a number from some well known names as he described it.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:37 pm

poppyfield wrote:Ray was on radio Tees yesterday saying the club had already received quite a few CVs just after MG jumped ship, a number from some well known names as he described it.
Yeh, Steve McLaren, Raj Singh and Gary Pallister have all applied.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:40 am

Craig Liddle for me, knows the club and fans very well.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:03 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Craig Liddle for me, knows the club and fans very well.
Why would he leave a full-time job at Middlesbrough for a part-time role at Darlo?

Give your head a shake man.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:13 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Craig Liddle for me, knows the club and fans very well.
For gods sake Pete....unbelievable!!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:41 am

I'm sure no-one will just be swayed purely by "big names." It's got be to decided purely on capabilities, past record, experience, suitability, strengths, personality and their clear plans on how they would make a success of the job. But's it's great that there is a lot of interest although I'm not surprised because it's a top job for anyone in non-league football. There'll probably be some gems in there who aren't well known names.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:52 am

Got to be someone who's had experience at this level with a good track record of getting the best out of the players he has already got, and an excellent knowledge of players in and around this league.
It's not like we need a rebuilding job , a couple of additions and we should be ok.
For those reasons we don't want a big name (for example Hignett) who has no track record of managing at this level successfully.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:04 am

The other thing about this job is the expectations. MG at York is immediately under intense pressure to deliver promotion this season. For most of their fans, nothing else will do. While we all want our new boss to get us challenging at the top end, I think most of our fans are realistic enough not to feverishly demand instant success. We need some stability now and I'm sure the new man will be cut some slack as he sorts things out. Hopefully he'll be given the chance to build things back up again after the chaos.