Mark Beck

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Post Reply
Darlopartisan
Posts: 738
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Mark Beck

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:28 pm

Just seen get out of a car at BM in Darlo tracksuit

norwich darlo
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by norwich darlo » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:34 pm

Maybe it's like when dell boy said to Rodney when he turned up at the flat.You don't live here anymore.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:43 pm

If he'd still one of ours we need to support him. He's always given his best when I've seen him. He may have had his head turned with an offer of full time/better money, who wouldn't? I can understand that. Back Beck!

Yarblockos
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:06 pm

norwich darlo wrote:Maybe it's like when dell boy said to Rodney when he turned up at the flat.You don't live here anymore.
Or a bit like the episode of the office where David Brent says he failed the medical on purpose so he didn't have to take the Swindon job.

bga
Posts: 1257
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by bga » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:34 pm

norwich darlo wrote:Maybe it's like when dell boy said to Rodney when he turned up at the flat.You don't live here anymore.
Very good! :thumbup:

onewayup
Posts: 1705
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by onewayup » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Mark Beck is a Darlington f.c player, I have doubts about him going to york.
Time will tell one way or other. I think he gives us options , he can stay for me if he's in the right frame of mind,.

Beano
Posts: 1320
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by Beano » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:27 pm

Take the money whilst his stock is high.

tdk1
Posts: 2007
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by tdk1 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:30 pm

Buck's problems this season are all about fitness and form. A break today will help. I wouldn't push for him to leave if it's not happening anyway, when he's fit and firing he's always the most likely player to score.

H1987
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by H1987 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:40 pm

If he wants to stay, great. If he wants to go, ensure we get good money for him. While the money for Ferguson is being absorbed by debts, i'd like to think income for Beck will be used to invest in infrastructure.

LoidLucan
Posts: 3002
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:41 pm

Looks like Beck would find it difficult crowbarring Parkin's ample frame out of the York side after today. They were, by all accounts extremely lucky to win today, very scrappy and outplayed completely second half. Not that our good friend will be bothered. Word is tho he's got a big job on his hands.

tdk1
Posts: 2007
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by tdk1 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:56 pm

H1987 wrote:If he wants to stay, great. If he wants to go, ensure we get good money for him. While the money for Ferguson is being absorbed by debts, i'd like to think income for Beck will be used to invest in infrastructure.
I'd agree with all that

tdk1
Posts: 2007
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by tdk1 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:58 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Looks like Beck would find it difficult crowbarring Parkin's ample frame out of the York side after today. They were, by all accounts extremely lucky to win today, very scrappy and outplayed completely second half. Not that our good friend will be bothered. Word is tho he's got a big job on his hands.
It's a totally different challenge for him, under different pressures. What do you think constitutes the bare minimum for this season to be a success for him and York, given the mid table starting point?

Henley
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by Henley » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:59 pm

norwich darlo wrote:Maybe it's like when dell boy said to Rodney when he turned up at the flat.You don't live here anymore.
VG :clap:

JE93
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by JE93 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:54 pm

Think the point above is along the right line. Needs to be a quick decision on Beck.

If he wishes to leave then we should achieve a decent fee and hopefully this can offset some of the cost required to complete the roof of the seated stand. If he wishes to stay then we need to get this injury sorted and get him back into the form of last season cause he really can be a great weapon (which does not require us to play hoofball).

Another interesting one is Burgess, pictured on the bench today. Again another one we need a decision on whether he is staying or going?

jjljks
Posts: 1587
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by jjljks » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:22 pm

If the lad really wants to stay then he has to be an asset and an option to lead the line. From the Stockport game it was obvious we needed a big presence up front to vary the threats, so if his heart is with Darlo then brilliant.
On the other hand, if he wants to go then Darlo need the real market value for him.
Slightly worried that the rumours about him doing a medical at York - did he fail & that is why he turned up at BM v. County. Is he really injured hence the loss of his goalscoring touch? Hope not, as on his day he is a real threat.

bga
Posts: 1257
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by bga » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:30 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:If he'd still one of ours we need to support him. He's always given his best when I've seen him. He may have had his head turned with an offer of full time/better money, who wouldn't? I can understand that. Back Beck!
Or should that be Beck Back?

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5509
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:37 pm

jjljks wrote:If the lad really wants to stay then he has to be an asset and an option to lead the line. From the Stockport game it was obvious we needed a big presence up front to vary the threats, so if his heart is with Darlo then brilliant.
On the other hand, if he wants to go then Darlo need the real market value for him.
Slightly worried that the rumours about him doing a medical at York - did he fail & that is why he turned up at BM v. County. Is he really injured hence the loss of his goalscoring touch? Hope not, as on his day he is a real threat.
Currently injured, see what happens on this one but if he leaves we do need a replacement striker with height.

al_quaker
Posts: 5392
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by al_quaker » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:38 pm

I don't think many will begrudge any of our players a move into full time football, and if Beck moves on then best of luck to him. If the rumoured move to York doesn't happen, for whatever reason, then it'd be great to have him back. We don't have many options up front, and he was also our top scorer last season - it's not quite happened for him this season, but I reckon he'd be a lot more effective if we varied it up and didn't try and 'hit Becky' about 800 times a game.

tdk1
Posts: 2007
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by tdk1 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Was Mendes there today?

Quakers83
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:40 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by Quakers83 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:07 pm

tdk1 wrote:Was Mendes there today?
I don't think so.

Ingleby
Posts: 1513
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by Ingleby » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:20 pm

Why everyone keep going on about Mendes. He's dogger. Don't know what you think he's going to offer.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12109
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:24 am

Ingleby wrote:Why everyone keep going on about Mendes. He's dogger. Don't know what you think he's going to offer.
Why sign him if he's no good?

I'll back Beck until he no longer wants to be at the club or is sold.

Ingleby
Posts: 1513
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by Ingleby » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:08 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Ingleby wrote:Why everyone keep going on about Mendes. He's dogger. Don't know what you think he's going to offer.
Why sign him if he's no good?

I'll back Beck until he no longer wants to be at the club or is sold.
Cos you didn't realise it? Or cos your stupid. Or both perhaps. Btw Beck doesn't want to be at the club.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 1801
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:32 am

Cannot understand the Mendes signing, what was Gray doing, could do with some clarification.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

tezza
Posts: 976
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington
Contact:

Re: Mark Beck

Post by tezza » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:05 am

The only reason Beck is still a DFC Player is simple. York are not willing tp pay the full amount of his release clause. There is a considerable gap between that clause cost and YC Valuation.

If that gap can be breached then he has the medical to pass.

MG arrogance has misled Beck. Will it be the usual "toys out of the pram" antics. I am betting after YC victory and the man Beck set to replace netting twice, their Chairman will take even more convincing. No longer the biggest fish in the pond Martin

onewayup
Posts: 1705
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by onewayup » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:35 am

tdk1 wrote:Buck's problems this season are all about fitness and form. A break today will help. I wouldn't push for him to leave if it's not happening anyway, when he's fit and firing he's always the most likely player to score.
who's Buck's

Yarblockos
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by Yarblockos » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:07 pm

tezza wrote:The only reason Beck is still a DFC Player is simple. York are not willing tp pay the full amount of his release clause. There is a considerable gap between that clause cost and YC Valuation.

If that gap can be breached then he has the medical to pass.

MG arrogance has misled Beck. Will it be the usual "toys out of the pram" antics. I am betting after YC victory and the man Beck set to replace netting twice, their Chairman will take even more convincing. No longer the biggest fish in the pond Martin
We just have to play the long game. Gray won't have decided his future signings on the basis of one game. Lose the next game and everything changes. If he really wants Beck then he will come back with a better offer sooner or later.

User avatar
Darlo_H
Posts: 1926
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:39 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by Darlo_H » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:40 pm

Still don't understand why Gray is so intent on getting Beck. It's not a reflection on Beck's ability, but he's already got Parkin who is in form and a cult figure at York as well as a capable enough backup in Rankine for the target man role.

From what I saw of them last season what York need is a center back, a defensive midfielder and a keeper. Though it seems Gray has already tried to fill some of those gaps from us and been told to do one.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

MCFCDarlo3
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:28 pm
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City
Location: Manchester

Re: Mark Beck

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:21 pm

Darlo_H wrote:Still don't understand why Gray is so intent on getting Beck. It's not a reflection on Beck's ability, but he's already got Parkin who is in form and a cult figure at York as well as a capable enough backup in Rankine for the target man role.

From what I saw of them last season what York need is a center back, a defensive midfielder and a keeper. Though it seems Gray has already tried to fill some of those gaps from us and been told to do one.
Thought that myself but wonder if MG wants one of Parkin ( unlikely on his wages ) or Rankine out of the door?

User avatar
Darlo_H
Posts: 1926
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:39 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by Darlo_H » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:51 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:Thought that myself but wonder if MG wants one of Parkin ( unlikely on his wages ) or Rankine out of the door?
The only rationale I can see is that Rankine is currently out as something abnormal was found in a routine heart scan. Blood pressure related or something.

If this was to keep him from playing full time it could be that Beck would be his replacement. Still, would he be happy to warm the bench. Parkin is an absolute talisman down there and scoring regularly so he's very unlikely to take his place.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Post Reply