The altercation in the tinshed at the end of the game

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

The altercation in the tinshed at the end of the game

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:37 am

This has been brewing for some time, as I stand very near to the guy most home games and recently he's been grumbling about the drumming. I think the crux of the argument is that the guy can't understand why the drummer only get's behind the team at certain times and is quiet for others, plus the range of songs he bangs away too are pretty limited. At the end of the game I thought the two of them were going to come to blows in the tinshed, as it turned quite ugly. Hopefully they made up as stewards got involved, as we need the drummer to generate atmosphere, that does lift the team and crowd, especially if things aren't going so well on the pitch.

shawry

Re: The altercation in the tinshed at the end of the game

Post by shawry » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:18 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:This has been brewing for some time, as I stand very near to the guy most home games and recently he's been grumbling about the drumming. I think the crux of the argument is that the guy can't understand why the drummer only get's behind the team at certain times and is quiet for others, plus the range of songs he bangs away too are pretty limited. At the end of the game I thought the two of them were going to come to blows in the tinshed, as it turned quite ugly. Hopefully they made up as stewards got involved, as we need the drummer to generate atmosphere, that does lift the team and crowd, especially if things aren't going so well on the pitch.
If he wants more variation and has an issue with when the drumming starts tell the dick to get his own drum

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:53 am

Possibly the daftest thing I've ever heard

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:32 pm

Only at Darlo.

A lad comes to games and brings his own drum to help with support and some fuckstick moans about it. Maybe he should bring a full kit and take requests for the entire match, but then some other fuckstick would complain about the noise.

Standing at an England game close enough to hear those cringy lot painfully make their way through 'God Save the Queen' for the twelfth time during a laboured 2-0 win to Whereverthefuckia on the other hand...
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:38 pm

I remember GQ taking the drum then another lad. I stood next to it at Crewe and it was so loud! If you don't like it stand somewhere else but don't have a go at your own support. Mind you the dickheads we had at Southport were well out of order shouting abuse at their infant age drummer. Pathetic.
Best drummers ever...Aldershot away!

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:34 pm

Undercovered wrote:Possibly the daftest thing I've ever heard
And you didn't see it. I first thought something serious was going on. When I found out the reason it was pathetic at best

grytters

Post by grytters » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:14 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:I remember GQ taking the drum then another lad. I stood next to it at Crewe and it was so loud! If you don't like it stand somewhere else but don't have a go at your own support. Mind you the dickheads we had at Southport were well out of order shouting abuse at their infant age drummer. Pathetic.
Best drummers ever...Aldershot away!

1st Battalion Hampshire Regiment?
Bring Back the Quarters

Nigel Batches Beard

Post by Nigel Batches Beard » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:19 pm

the lads no Cozy Powell but his commitment to the cause cant be faulted :clap:

tezza

Post by tezza » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm

I was stood close by, the guy that does the actual drumming (who in my opinion does a really good job) was not directly involved in the altercation.

It was a verbal exchange with handbags by our ex photographer, who if memory serves once had a go at drumming himself, rather short lived ex drummer also, and another guy. Schoolboy stuff really.

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:32 pm

Really sorry to hear that the drummer (a very good mate) was getting stick. People forget he is fan too, who has to lug that thing around and accrue countless blisters every match.

When I did it (retired in 2009!) it was fun but thankless at times. The drum should supplement the atmosphere, not be entirely accountable for it. For personal reasons I've only been to a modest number of games at BM but as a general rule the acoustics aren't great and few people sing for a sustained period. Drumming with no bugger joining in is pretty pointless.

As has been suggested maybe both this fella plus the OP can generate some atmosphere of their fooking own, and reflect on the fact that if it weren't for the drum you could walk past the ground and not know a match was on.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:11 pm

tezza wrote:I was stood close by, the guy that does the actual drumming (who in my opinion does a really good job) was not directly involved in the altercation.

It was a verbal exchange with handbags by our ex photographer, who if memory serves once had a go at drumming himself, rather short lived ex drummer also, and another guy. Schoolboy stuff really.
When I walked past he had taken off his drum and they both were squaring the up to each other... Round2 next home game, it's gonna cost us more in stewards to control this in house fisty cuffs Image

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:12 pm

What's all this like?

I left the match soon as it ended..

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:22 pm

Saw this carried over to The Tin Shed facebook group. The villain carrying on his crusade against our drummer on one of their comment sections.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:35 pm

Nigel, you'll probably have to explain that to the kids! GQ, good to hear you're alive and kicking, if not drumming.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:54 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Nigel, you'll probably have to explain that to the kids!
Ok, so that make three of us who actually know who CP was. It does feel like we've been dancing with the devil for the past 6 months or so.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:02 am

That was Especially For You Mr T