New manager poll

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Who do you want

Alun Armstrong
7%
Chris Hardy
44%
Alan White
8%
Billy Miller
2%
Craig Hignett
6%
Matthew Bates
No votes
Ronnie Moore
7%
Mark Bower
2%
Neil Maddison
9%
LoidLucan
14%

Total votes: 85

Darlojohn99
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New manager poll

Post by Darlojohn99 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:47 pm

Just imagine if Jason Ainsley applied. I would think he may of thought about it or has he got it easy at Spennymoor.

I don’t know the people doing the interviews but I wonder if they might think get Mills in and turn the tables on Gray and get one over him. I’m pretty Mills would have the bit between his teeth which maybe a good thing.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:52 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I can do left field if it involves someone who gets the fan-owned bit, doesn't have a recent record of failure, can show they can work within a budget without constant demands, is ambitious, can work in part-time football, works hard and has a good long-term plan of how to take us forward, including developing young talent.

Best man for the job and that doesn't necessarily mean chose the bloke who has managed at a higher level or played league football. I'd rather go for someone on the up (even if from a lower league) or with the potential to develop than someone who appears to be on the slide, even if they have Football League or National League experience.
Couldn't have articulated my thoughts much better

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:57 pm

According to today's Northern Echo Craig Hignett is interested in the darlo job...so interested he watched Gateshead on Saturday.

Darlojohn99

Post by Darlojohn99 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:09 pm

Neil Maddo could be a name under the radar.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Darlojohn99 wrote:Neil Maddo could be a name under the radar.
He's too busy tweeting his love for Boro to be bothered about Darlo. Typical Darlo bloke, really.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:43 pm

It seems the general consensus on here is that Hardy fits the bill, although there seems to be conflicting rumours on Twitter on whether or not he is in the running.

I for one hope it's Hardy, and not the other CH who is reported to be interested.

Darlojohn99

Post by Darlojohn99 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:05 pm

From what I know of him, he is very ambitious and what’s go as high as he can in football. He definitely would of gone for it. If your in and around this level, the area and ambitious you go for this job. To good of a opportunity to turn down.

On a side note, I do hope we get to see who they interviewed, that would be interesting.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Kind of unfair on the applicants who miss out though. I'd be amazed if we found out all 7.

Darlojohn99

Post by Darlojohn99 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:14 pm

True but it would go to see the what type of names they interviewed

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:08 pm

It won’t be Hardy unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:10 pm

e4sby wrote:It won’t be Hardy unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hignett?

Darlojohn99

Post by Darlojohn99 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:18 pm

It seems that Hardy hasn’t applied for the job which is surprising.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:25 pm

If Mills has put in for the job it wouldn't surprise me if he gets a shot at it.

Turnbull appears to be big fan having played under him at Gateshead and having watched the way we played against Stockport there were a lot of similarities to how Gateshead played under Mills.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:56 pm

Darlojohn99 wrote:It seems that Hardy hasn’t applied for the job which is surprising.
If he wants to progress in management he has missed a golden opportunity.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:12 pm

Heard a rumour they are going to pick Craig Hignett, he is the favourite and that's who they want.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:23 pm

Darlojohn99 wrote:It seems that Hardy hasn’t applied for the job which is surprising.
He isn't going to apply for a role behind Whitby's back is he. What if he doesn't get it that doesn't look great going back tail between his legs. To be fair Stoddart seems to be tweeting that he is in the running.

The only way we would have got Hardy is if we had extended our search beyond CVs received and approached Whitby to see if we could interview him.

Looking forward to the announcement though. I think the views on Hignett are a bit unfair he did seem to have a positive influence at Hartlepool at one point.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:31 pm

If Hignett gets the job there has to be no negativity and everyone has to support him 100% regardless of other preferences.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Lookingbetter
Team Supported: York city

Post by Lookingbetter » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:21 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Mills did not take York down. He inherited a shocking side from Jackie McNamara who managed to win just 3 in 15. Mills was unbeaten in 21 of his 31 remaining games in charge. Would have definitely stayed up had he been in charge from the start, and he won the FA Trophy too.

He would have to be considered if his CV came up. Question marks over his recruitment but I know Phil Turnbull thinks very highly of him after their time at Gateshead.
York didnt tap up Gray , it was very much the other way round.

aveda

Post by aveda » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:22 pm

lo36789 wrote:
He isn't going to apply for a role behind Whitby's back is he. What if he doesn't get it that doesn't look great going back tail between his legs.
Eh? Do only unemployed people ever apply for jobs?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:40 pm

aveda wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
He isn't going to apply for a role behind Whitby's back is he. What if he doesn't get it that doesn't look great going back tail between his legs.
No but since Hardy is contracted to Whitby we would need their permission to speak with him. If Whitby don't allow this what looks better for Hardy that he approached us or that we approached him?

That is quite a different scenario to most people who change jobs wouldn't you say?

Henley

Post by Henley » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:47 pm

Higgy for me.

aveda

Post by aveda » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:55 pm

lo36789 wrote:
aveda wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
No but since Hardy is contracted to Whitby we would need their permission to speak with him. If Whitby don't allow this what looks better for Hardy that he approached us or that we approached him?

That is quite a different scenario to most people who change jobs wouldn't you say?
I now remember why I stopped posting on here. Back to not bothering again

Henley

Post by Henley » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:29 pm

aveda wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
aveda wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

I now remember why I stopped posting on here. Back to not bothering again
:lol:

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:12 pm

tezza wrote:The 7 may be applicants, however whilst it might seem to be a process of appointing just another employee, should any of those applicants be currently employed in a similar role then their are rules and processes to follow.
Nobody appears to have told YCFC that.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:27 pm

lo36789 wrote:since Hardy is contracted to Whitby we would need their permission to speak with him.
Why didn't YCFC need permission to speak to MG? He admitted he spoke to YCFC on the evening of the Curzon game and resigned the next day. Nobody has said DFC's permission was sought. Have asked this question on other threads but can't get an answer. It's really puzzling me.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:40 am

Permission was sought. This was rumbling on far longer than MG had us believe.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:37 am

aveda wrote:I now remember why I stopped posting on here. Back to not bothering again
Because when you challenge someone else's post you get a counter challenge?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:06 am

notgnilrad wrote:Heard a rumour they are going to pick Craig Hignett, he is the favourite and that's who they want.
How can Hignett be the one when all the candidates haven't even been interviewed?

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:10 am

shawry wrote:
Spyman wrote:Wasn't Hignett initially very well thought of at Hartlepool as Assistant to Colin Cooper - and his departure was linked to a downturn in results which eventually led to Cooper's leaving?

Ok he didn't cover himself in glory as manager when he returned, but he didn't exactly have a lot to play with.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but also I wouldn't judge him solely on the Hartlepool job.
He seemed to do well at boro as part of the set up, they had a downturn after he left.

I've got no real preference, as tbh, it's likely those applying are out of work, and mostly are out of work for a reason.

The new manager will get my backing regardless of who it is, however I'd be really interested to know who has applied.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
To me Hignet has baggage - Raj's housing etc ,,, isn't he involved in that? Could be the back door way in for Raj?
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:04 am

That's the problem if Hignett gets the job, too many fans will be questioning his connection to Radged and I doubt that he would ever get a fair crack.

I'm hearing that we didn't even ask Hardy in for an interview - hope it's wrong.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017