Darlington v Brackley Town

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington v Brackley Town

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:30 pm

Tough game tomorrow against 4th placed Brackley, who have only lost 2 games all season. I'd be happy with a draw.

poppyfield

Re: Darlington v Brackley Town

Post by poppyfield » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:44 pm

I'd be happy with a win :thumbup:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:04 pm

I`ll just be happy I`ve booked the hospitality for first time

JE93

Post by JE93 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:23 pm

Hopefully Collins is back fit after taking a knock at Blyth. And please please please let Browny be fit for tomorrow. That defence will look so more solid with him in it and Galbraith back to LB.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:37 pm

JE93 wrote:Hopefully Collins is back fit after taking a knock at Blyth. And please please please let Browny be fit for tomorrow. That defence will look so more solid with him in it and Galbraith back to LB.
Yea agree with this, Brown back in and we are good to go.

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:13 pm

I know we always look a bit creeky at the back, but there’s only 5 teams in the league with a better defensive record than us. I know I didn’t believe it either. From those stats the main problem isn’t the defense, but Galbraith not being at left back to give us a more attacking option.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:00 pm

Darlo_Rob wrote:I know we always look a bit creeky at the back, but there’s only 5 teams in the league with a better defensive record than us. I know I didn’t believe it either. From those stats the main problem isn’t the defense, but Galbraith not being at left back to give us a more attacking option.
Lack of goals has clearly been the problem. Beck and Cartman have one each I think.

Even in our first 3-4 games when we started the season well, the goals were coming from Ferguson, Syers and Gillies.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:53 am

In today's Echo, TW is saying that everybody will get a fresh chance to show what they can do. He was pleased with Caton's contribution when he came on as a sub last Saturday. So I'd expect him to feature in someway in today's game.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:16 am

To be fair to Beck he's apparently been injured from the start of the season and missed a good number of games.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:19 am

Spyman wrote: Even in our first 3-4 games when we started the season well, the goals were coming from Ferguson, Syers and Gillies.

Exactly this. Ferguson is badly missed, too.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:51 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:In today's Echo, TW is saying that everybody will get a fresh chance to show what they can do. He was pleased with Caton's contribution when he came on as a sub last Saturday. So I'd expect him to feature in someway in today's game.
In my opinion Caton is a good footballer and will do well for us now that we have started to play football with the ball more on the ground, as will one or two others in the team.
We need to get someone in at CB and move Galbraith to LB, if that can't happen we need to get a LB in as soon as possible as we are very weak in that position. And all the teams know that as it is where most teams attack us.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:57 am

My opinion wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:In today's Echo, TW is saying that everybody will get a fresh chance to show what they can do. He was pleased with Caton's contribution when he came on as a sub last Saturday. So I'd expect him to feature in someway in today's game.
In my opinion Caton is a good footballer and will do well for us now that we have started to play football with the ball more on the ground, as will one or two others in the team.
We need to get someone in at CB and move Galbraith to LB, if that can't happen we need to get a LB in as soon as possible as we are very weak in that position. And all the teams know that as it is where most teams attack us.
Caton looked a good player at the start of the season, but our style of attacking didn't suit his game. Now Beck is out of the side and TW gets to work on his game, I think we'll see the best of Caton in upcoming games and he'll prove the doubters wrong.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:26 am

poppyfield wrote:I'd be happy with a win :thumbup:
Yes, preferably with a clean sheet. I don't mind who scores so long as it is in the Brackley net. Really need Collins back provided he is actually fit, possibly with Brown & Beck. Give some of the youngsters a chance in starting line-up, Wheatley, Saunders + Vaulks (perm any 2 of 3). Also need a 2000 crowd to get behind the team the same way they did at Blyth. Could do with some decent match officials too.

Not much to ask? Probably..... So may as well ask for a covered stand and terracing all round. :D

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:32 am

Can't see the crowd being more than 1300 or 1400. Hopefully the centre backs will be Collins and Brown, but there is a possibility that neither could be in the starting 11 and if that is the case then we'll really struggle against free scoring Brackley.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:33 am

Darlo_Pete wrote: Caton looked a good player at the start of the season, but our style of attacking didn't suit his game. Now Beck is out of the side and TW gets to work on his game, I think we'll see the best of Caton in upcoming games and he'll prove the doubters wrong.
As Caton is on a 2 year contract, and as Gray was throwing money around with new contracts before he left, then you can bet he'll be on a good screw - so he BETTER start producing because we've got no chance of moving him on.

The trouble is, even if he starts playing well, he's not a finisher so won't be the solution to our goalscoring.

I really, really, really hope I'm wrong and he smashes 20 goals between now and the end of the season.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:30 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote: Caton looked a good player at the start of the season, but our style of attacking didn't suit his game. Now Beck is out of the side and TW gets to work on his game, I think we'll see the best of Caton in upcoming games and he'll prove the doubters wrong.
As Caton is on a 2 year contract, and as Gray was throwing money around with new contracts before he left, then you can bet he'll be on a good screw - so he BETTER start producing because we've got no chance of moving him on.

The trouble is, even if he starts playing well, he's not a finisher so won't be the solution to our goalscoring.

I really, really, really hope I'm wrong and he smashes 20 goals between now and the end of the season.
On paper, he is capable of doing it but on grass has yet to prove himself. Not sure whether it is because he has been played out of position or when not 100% fit (thanks MG), but now is the time to step up and fill Ferguson's boots. We need a player to become the star of TW's squad in this new era and if Caton doesn't do it, then there are a few youngsters who should be given their chance. Need everyone to show some spirit and get some wins under our belts. :thumbup:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:26 pm

jjljks wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

On paper, he is capable of doing it but on grass has yet to prove himself. Not sure whether it is because he has been played out of position or when not 100% fit (thanks MG), but now is the time to step up and fill Ferguson's boots. We need a player to become the star of TW's squad in this new era and if Caton doesn't do it, then there are a few youngsters who should be given their chance. Need everyone to show some spirit and get some wins under our belts. Image
On paper he's not a goal scorer at all!

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:27 pm

Team? Score?

DC

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:29 pm

One down. Same team as last week save caton for syers. Starting to get properly nervous about this season now

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:44 pm

2 down

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:45 pm

2-0 down now. Sounds awful

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:48 pm

This is hard to watch we seem devoid of pattern of play still playing hoofball to Cartman

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:59 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:This is hard to watch we seem devoid of pattern of play still playing hoofball to Cartman
Is that the same hoof ball to Beck that everyone Hates???

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:21 pm

Collins off Burgess on

Radar

Post by Radar » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:22 pm

Just over 1200 in attendance. Performance isn't great

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:47 pm

3 down now.

Where are the goals and results going to come from at the moment?

offside

Post by offside » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:50 pm

tdk1 wrote:3 down now.

Where are the goals and results going to come from at the moment?
ENG NLN Kidderminster - Darlington 1883
ENG NLN Darlington 1883 - Tamworth
ENG NLN Darlington 1883 - Salford City
ENG NLN Gainsborough - Darlington 1883
ENG NLN Darlington 1883 - Harrogate Town
ENG NLN Harrogate Town - Darlington 1883
ENG NLN Darlington 1883 - York City
ENG NLN Alfreton Town - Darlington 1883
ENG NLN Darlington 1883 - Chorley FC
ENG NLN Leamington - Darlington 1883
ENG NLN Darlington 1883 - Blyth Spartans

Looking at the next 11 its going to be tough

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:54 pm

We definitely need a couple of signings, and it's maybe time to ship a couple out who if we're honest can't really handle this level.

Radar

Post by Radar » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:02 pm

Time for TW to now stand up and be counted. It's about results, pressure is now on.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:03 pm

Absolutely pathetic, shite, gutless.

Don’t give a s*** what anyone says about us consolidating. We are fucking crap.