Darlington v Kidderminster

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlo reborn
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Kidderminster

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:51 pm

Is cup game week after??

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:53 pm

darlo reborn wrote:Is cup game week after??
Yes.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:11 pm

Massive.....Massive point :clap: :clap:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:15 pm

Spyman wrote:
darlo reborn wrote:3-2 now don`t give up
Scorer?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Not Cartman.

But never mind, he doesn't need to score ever, because he's got 1,000 fans queuing up to excuse it with - "need to get the ball in the right areas for him" and such like.

Can I just point out that the ball was in the right area for Mr OG, Galbraith, and Syers today?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:3-3!! Dave Syers!
Always Syers. Knows where the net is.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:18 pm

Great result, which feels like a win.

It did sound like Kidderminster were going to score more at 3-1, so to get a point has got to be a massive confidence booster

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:19 pm

Quakerz, nothing to do with today, but did the league ever look into the Boston/Spennymoor postponement? The broken down bus thing.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:42 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Spyman wrote:
darlo reborn wrote:3-2 now don`t give up
Scorer?

Not Cartman.

But never mind, he doesn't need to score ever, because he's got 1,000 fans queuing up to excuse it with - "need to get the ball in the right areas for him" and such like.

Can I just point out that the ball was in the right area for Mr OG, Galbraith, and Syers today?
I don't think everyone is up Cartman's arse to be honest.

For me he provides a very workmanlike ethic which I would rather have than a lazy attitude, however he can't play up front on his own and isn't a player who can drag the team through a game by himself.

He is a decent enough player and with a few changes in the squad he could still play a part in the team but will always be at best the 2nd striker. Gray thought he had an improvement with Caton in the summer, a striker with pace alongside Beck was his plan. Sadly it turned out he had a fancy foot winger who didn't have much heart and a good striker who was crocked.

We probably need two strikers in, a tall, aggressive striker and one other. What that means long term for Cartman then not sure.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:48 pm

I can't really see us getting two strikers in - good ones are hard to come by, especially at the right price.

So I think that Cartman's short to medium term future is here. Let's hope he can find his shooting boots again.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:15 pm

Just home (I love quite near, I don't have a helicopter), and that was a weird old game. At 78 minutes I would never have seen us getting back into it.

Harvey Saunders was the star today. When we got the ball in to him he scared them shitless. Brown very rusty, but good to see him back. Heaton has a bit of learning to do, I think.

What bothered me as the powder puff tackling from our whole team, we looked very low on confidence and that seemed to be stopping players from taking responsibility for dropping in defensively and tackling effectively.

The game changed when syers came on.he surely must start next week, as he gave us so much now presence and composure in the box.

We are a big strong striker away from being a solid team, really. Could maybe also do with a little b****** in midfield.

Their sending off was a funny one. It was a shove rather than a punch, but he sent Harvey into the ad hoardings.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Syers is lethal, could we not convert him to a striker? It worked, briefly, for Alan White and more permanently for Simon Ainge at Harrogate.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:42 pm

Beano wrote:Syers is lethal, could we not convert him to a striker? It worked, briefly, for Alan White and more permanently for Simon Ainge at Harrogate.
Yes, we could play him up front and then job done, he's a striker.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Beano

Darlington v Kidderminster

Post by Beano » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:52 pm

Spyman wrote:
Beano wrote:Syers is lethal, could we not convert him to a striker? It worked, briefly, for Alan White and more permanently for Simon Ainge at Harrogate.
Yes, we could play him up front and then job done, he's a striker.

Indeed. But, god forbid, is it his ‘natural position’?

divas

Post by divas » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:27 pm

The fact he's not been playing as a striker the last few weeks is an utter mystery. Hopefully that changes next week (or we bring a target man in)

He should have come on at half time against Brackley.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:31 pm

I think Syers was a centre forward when he started at Bradford..

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Syers is our biggest goal threat. I can’t understand why he’s not starting

Anyway, decent result. Hope it gives us a bit of confidence and we kick on

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:20 pm

Happy with the battling spirit shown today. A point at Kidderminster is never a bad result, particularly as we were 3-1 down late in the game.

However there are still obvious concerns. Defensively, we've conceded three goals in each of our last three games under Wright. Given what we now know about Collins carrying an injury, I hope we're able to give him a break now we have Heaton and Brown back.

And enough has been said elsewhere about us needing at least one striker. Obvious point so I won't labour it.

Overall this felt like a bit of progress, but we've still plenty to do.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:31 pm

Would like to think this is the turning point and once the back 4 get some time to play & learn together, then we will have a better foundation to pick up points. Great boost after trailing and being outplayed for 70 minutes. Hopefully a new striker can fill Beck role as leader of the line as various others need someone to feed off. Glad to see the youngsters getting a chance to start, especially Harvey who has the pace to scare most defenders in this league. Let's find those scoring boots and crack on. Well done lads, great comeback :thumbup:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:54 am

My eldest son went today and because I was at work he was keeping me updated on the game, on 77 mins he sent the following text.

'No way we're coming back from this one by the looks of it'. :D

He said 186 fans made the trip, which is outstanding given our recent form. I'm sure they're vocal support helped the comeback.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:50 am

Harvey to start alongside new striker in future with Cartman on bench?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:22 am

Great backing for 90 minutes from the travelling fans.

We didn’t shut up at all, we made a difference with that and defos helped gain that point.

PS: Kiddy’s a shithole.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:42 am

No highlights of the game up yet on the official site or youtube.

divas

Post by divas » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:46 am

You're obviously not in the inner circle

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:33 am

tdk1 wrote:
We are a big strong striker away from being a solid team, really. Could maybe also do with a little b****** in midfield.

Their sending off was a funny one. It was a shove rather than a punch, but he sent Harvey into the ad hoardings.
The most notable improvement about yesterday was the fact that we are starting to get behind teams. Tommo first 20 minutes and Galbraith last 20 minutes put some great balls in. I've said before that a combative midfielder with pace would be a plus. I think people miss cartman quick thinking. His layoff to Saunders for the first goal was excellent. He's very clever like that. Should also mention Wheatley who could be seriously good. One 2nd half run was brilliant.

On the sending off, I saw it all and there was a minor headbutt. No complaints from their lad and all credit to Harvey for not getting "too involved".

All in all we hung in there. Lots of work to do as regards pressing the edge of our box when defending but we genuinely looked good at times against a very good harriers side.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:49 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:My eldest son went today and because I was at work he was keeping me updated on the game, on 77 mins he sent the following text.

He said 186 fans made the trip, which is outstanding given our recent form. I'm sure they're vocal support helped the comeback.
Especially the ones who at that stage were chanting "We're so s*** we're worse than Hartlepool".

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:04 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:No highlights of the game up yet on the official site or youtube.
We're not allowed until Monday morning at one minute past midnight. They'll be ready then. Sneaked some stuff into the post match comments with Tommy.

feethamslad

Post by feethamslad » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:21 am

banktopp wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:My eldest son went today and because I was at work he was keeping me updated on the game, on 77 mins he sent the following text.

Especially the ones who at that stage were chanting "We're so s*** we're worse than Hartlepool".
I found some of the chanting by the Darlington 'supporters' to be uncalled for. Hardly the best way to encourage your team. The foul language and misogynistic comments were well out of order.

ron-harbertson-hero

Post by ron-harbertson-hero » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:14 am

Agreed, and due to away fans being crammed into a small section of the stand you couldn't get away from it. Too much lager and too little brains.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:46 pm

feethamslad wrote:
banktopp wrote:

I found some of the chanting by the Darlington 'supporters' to be uncalled for. Hardly the best way to encourage your team. The foul language and misogynistic comments were well out of order.
And the ones chanting 'We are f***ing s***

They were doing a lot to 'help gain that point'.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:55 pm

What a bunch of miserable fuckers, bet you’s are the same lot who just sit in silence whilst we try to generate some kind of atmosphere at home and away games.

Get a grip. It’s a football game, swearing and obscenities are the norm.