James Caton

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlojonny41
Team Supported: Darlington

James Caton

Post by Darlojonny41 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:09 pm

Hi everyone.
Long time reader of this forum but never felt the need to join. James Caton has changed that . I never ever want to see him play for this club again. In 35 years of going to watch darlington he’s up there in terms of worst Iv seen.
He’s got zero bottle.
Zero work rate.
Zero desire.

Hate to do this to a player but if he actually worked hard and put in some effort I would never ever ever do this regardless of quality.

To top it off he’s one of the biggest earners at darlo.
Disgrace.
Last edited by Darlojonny41 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DFCAnth

Re: James Caton

Post by DFCAnth » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:22 pm

At times his attitude appears to be poor. However, I have seen flashes of quality from him in some of the games he has played.

He is strong on the ball and holds it up well, he is also skillful and quick. I wouldn’t be writing him off just yet - In a team playing well I reckon he could be a success.

He tweets often about results and wanting to do well, Wright coming in is a fresh start so let’s give Caton one. Seems to be everyone’s scapegoat whenever we get beat.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:44 pm

Darlojonny41 wrote:Hi everyone.
Long time reader of this forum but never felt the need to join. James Caton has changed that . I never ever want to see him play for this club again. In 35 years of going to watch darlington he’s up there in terms of worst Iv seen.
He’s got zero bottle.
Zero work rate.
Zero desire.

I’m actually connected to the club (believe me if you want but this is the gods honest truth) and Iv been told his attitude is absolutely terrible. He Believes himself to be some sort of minor celebrity. He walks round in training apparently putting in less effort than in matches. Didn’t even think that was possible.

Hate to do this to a player but if he actually worked hard and put in some effort I would never ever ever do this regardless of quality.

Disgrace.
You are way over the top with those comments, no need for that IMO.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:51 pm

Seen flashes from Caton but not convinced however I think Wright has more chance of getting something out of him than Gray.

Caton seems all about ball to feet and moving sadly not something we have played a lot of this season. He must have something it's just whether a manager can get it out of him, if he fails here then you would imagine it's just a drop down the leagues for him.

The Golden Hairclip

James Caton

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:00 pm

I wonder if Spenny would swap him for Shane Henry? They don't seem to mind paying players a decent wedge. To be honest, he'd probably fit comfortably into their wage structure. Wishful thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by The Golden Hairclip on Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beano

James Caton

Post by Beano » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:01 pm

Caton is receiving ridiculous criticism as the current whipping boy.

He is undoubtedly a decent technically skilled player, but certainly didn’t fit in with Gray’s style of play, and he won’t with Wright either.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he did similar to Nathan Fisher and score plenty for a team built to play the style that suits him.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:02 pm

Darlojonny41 wrote:Hi everyone.
He’s got zero bottle.
Zero work rate.
Zero desire.

I’m actually connected to the club (believe me if you want but this is the gods honest truth) and Iv been told his attitude is absolutely terrible. He Believes himself to be some sort of minor celebrity. He walks round in training apparently putting in less effort than in matches. Didn’t even think that was possible.

Disgrace.
If you really are connected to the club to come out and slag off one of the team in public like that ,first off you should consider your position , beggars belief what is said on here sometimes

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Don't feed the trolls.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:52 pm

biccynana wrote:Don't feed the trolls.
Indeed. I know we are non league but if someone employed by the club posted the OP...?

Contract terminated.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:22 pm

Ted?

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:55 pm

Well I guess it was prompted by this afternoon - so that narrows it down to one of about 200 fans, the players or the management/ back-up team.

And I doubt it's a player or member of the management / back-up team.

Darlojonny41

Post by Darlojonny41 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:02 pm

By Connected I mean I have heard from a friend of a friend. Obviously I don’t work for darlington, why would I post anything on here?!

In hindsite this was harsh. I’d just travelled and become frustrated. I’d delete this if I could.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:14 pm

Darlojonny41 wrote:By Connected I mean I have heard from a friend of a friend. Obviously I don’t work for darlington, why would I post anything on here?!

In hindsite this was harsh. I’d just travelled and become frustrated. I’d delete this if I could.
Unbelievable arrrggg

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:28 pm

Darlojonny41 wrote:By Connected I mean I have heard from a friend of a friend. Obviously I don’t work for darlington, why would I post anything on here?!

Administration. A Wembley win. Demotion. Three promotions. The return to Darlington. Denial of appearance in the play offs. Removal of 1883 from our official name. An incendiary fans' forum. The departure of MG. All of these and countless other issues have cropped up in the time this forum has been around and your first post is to slag off a player after a hard earned away point at Kidderminster. Frustrated or not, that's pretty strange, fella.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:31 pm

Incredible. Some people need to take a step back from the keyboard and think before they type.

Darlojonny41

Post by Darlojonny41 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:32 pm

I hate lack of effort. Not like I’m the only one he’s been getting booed at our place !! Like I say Iv calmed down after that long trip . Stupid post by me.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:36 pm

Darlojonny41 wrote:I hate lack of effort. Not like I’m the only one he’s been getting booed at our place !! Like I say Iv calmed down after that long trip . Stupid post by me.
Were you not happy with the comeback and the valuable point?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:43 am

I think and hope that Caton will probe the doubters wrong.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:04 am

Thought he made a difference when he come on yesterday.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:37 am

AndyPark wrote:Thought he made a difference when he come on yesterday.
Exactly, the witch hunts that go on here sometimes are over the top , some act like a pack of hyenas circling the herd waiting to pounce.
I know one thing if the likes of “Darlojonny41” walked into the our dressing room and said what he said on here he would be pounced on and ripped to shreds

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:39 am

Unfortunately our fans always seem to want have a scapegoat and unfairly Caton seems to be the one. If he starts playing better, then they'll only turn on someone else. I think Caton will prove the doubters wrong.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:18 am

AndyPark wrote:Thought he made a difference when he come on yesterday.
Given that he was part of 11 that got us back into the game, I can't understand the OP. I thought he worked hard and distributed the ball well.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:24 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:I think and hope that Caton will probe the doubters wrong.

I hope he doesn't, as he may get locked up :o
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:45 am

Darlojonny41 wrote: In 35 years of going to watch darlington he’s up there in terms of worst Iv seen.
But surely you can't have forgotten Tom "does what he says on the tin" Kaak and Clint Marcelle?!

Caton is shite but he is none of the above... Or Mor Diop.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly