Darlington v Kidderminster

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Big Tim
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Kidderminster

Post by Big Tim » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:05 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
feethamslad wrote:
banktopp wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:My eldest son went today and because I was at work he was keeping me updated on the game, on 77 mins he sent the following text.

'No way we're coming back from this one by the looks of it'. :D

He said 186 fans made the trip, which is outstanding given our recent form. I'm sure they're vocal support helped the comeback.
Especially the ones who at that stage were chanting "We're so s*** we're worse than Hartlepool".
I found some of the chanting by the Darlington 'supporters' to be uncalled for. Hardly the best way to encourage your team. The foul language and misogynistic comments were well out of order.
And the ones chanting 'We are f***ing s***

They were doing a lot to 'help gain that point'.

At least they were trying to create an atmosphere, unlike the other 176 people there just sitting there in silence for 90 minutes. Congrats on the sponsored silence though, must of raised a bucket load!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:21 pm

AndyPark wrote:What a bunch of miserable fuckers, bet you’s are the same lot who just sit in silence whilst we try to generate some kind of atmosphere at home and away games.

Get a grip. It’s a football game, swearing and obscenities are the norm.
Personally I draw the line at opposition goal keepers being called "Pedo's"

I wasn't there yesterday but I have heard this at home and away games recently.

I hope you don't think that's OK Andy?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:30 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
AndyPark wrote:What a bunch of miserable fuckers, bet you’s are the same lot who just sit in silence whilst we try to generate some kind of atmosphere at home and away games.

Get a grip. It’s a football game, swearing and obscenities are the norm.
Personally I draw the line at opposition goal keepers being called "Pedo's"

I wasn't there yesterday but I have heard this at home and away games recently.

I hope you don't think that's OK Andy?
I draw the line at s*** like that, but I’m sick of the usual miserable fuckers who whinge when no atmosphere is being created, yet when fans like myself try to generate one. Those same people will sit in silence, not joining in and just waiting to go home and post about how the fans used to many swear words.

If I’m paying good money to travel 450 round trip for the weekend, I will sing/shout and say whatever I feel.

The post above stating ‘supporters’ is downright childish and pathetic. Sure myself and others don’t travel the country just for shits and goggles. It’s our club.

dfcjosh

Post by dfcjosh » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:38 pm

feethamslad wrote:
banktopp wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:My eldest son went today and because I was at work he was keeping me updated on the game, on 77 mins he sent the following text.

He said 186 fans made the trip, which is outstanding given our recent form. I'm sure they're vocal support helped the comeback.
Especially the ones who at that stage were chanting "We're so s*** we're worse than Hartlepool".
I found some of the chanting by the Darlington 'supporters' to be uncalled for. Hardly the best way to encourage your team. The foul language and misogynistic comments were well out of order.
How dare people try and make an atmosphere...

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:06 pm

dfcjosh wrote:
feethamslad wrote:
banktopp wrote:

I'm sure the players were SO impressed when they were giving their all, only to hear their own 'fans' chanting how s**** they were.

That's not creating an atmosphere - and nor is shouting at female stewards to 'show us your t**s' and 'get your t**s' out.

Pathetic and juvenile.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:10 pm

Grow up, you’re boring me.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:32 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
dfcjosh wrote:
feethamslad wrote:
banktopp wrote:

I'm sure the players were SO impressed when they were giving their all, only to hear their own 'fans' chanting how s**** they were.

That's not creating an atmosphere - and nor is shouting at female stewards to 'show us your t**s' and 'get your t**s' out.

Pathetic and juvenile.
Embarrassing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:43 pm

Think there's a difference between supporting the team or taunting a mass of opposition fans and on the flip side abusing an infant age drummers dad as a small crew did at Southport. Sounds like a similar thing went on yesterday. You have to remember Andy many of us went through the seventies and we had to grow up quickly! Swearings always been there but there are some things that aren't okay.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Having been to most away games this season, there is a small group of people whose idea of supporting their team is to constantly swear and chant insults at opposition players and fans with a certain rotund former club photographer well involved. Sadly it seems to be the way of the world these days.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:38 pm

dfc4me wrote:Having been to most away games this season, there is a small group of people whose idea of supporting their team is to constantly swear and chant insults at opposition players and fans with a certain rotund former club photographer well involved. Sadly it seems to be the way of the world these days.
Yeh but they pay good money to travel around so they're entitled to call people paedo's and shout misogynistic abuse at as many women as they like.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

loobyloo

Post by loobyloo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:59 pm

Swearing at matches it happens used to it over the years. At the last away matches it has moved on from that to totally unacceptable behaviour.At least someone left his flares at home.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:09 pm

It'll cost them in the future when they're in the running for the Cabinet and someone digs out Kev's vid from Darlo in the Conference North and it's aired on the Six O'clock News :oops:

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:16 pm

dfc4me wrote:Having been to most away games this season, there is a small group of people whose idea of supporting their team is to constantly swear and chant insults at opposition players and fans with a certain rotund former club photographer well involved. Sadly it seems to be the way of the world these days.
Oh look you’re trying to insult me behind a message board account, how cute x

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:30 pm

AndyPark wrote:Grow up, you’re boring me.
There is only one person here who needs to grow up.
I have no problem with the swearing, banter, winding up of opposition supporters,
but slagging off your own team when they are 3-1 down, who needs that kind of support.
The atmosphere you and your mates created was great up until you turned on the team. No true supporter does that.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:31 pm

A bit like acting as hard as nails behind a well fenced off away section?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:49 pm

TFDM wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:No highlights of the game up yet on the official site or youtube.
We're not allowed until Monday morning at one minute past midnight. They'll be ready then. Sneaked some stuff into the post match comments with Tommy.
Thanks Kev I noticed the clips in the interview with TW. Looking forward to seeing the full highlights.

broadsexile

Post by broadsexile » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:54 pm

Anyone who thinks travelling the distance from Darlo to Kidderminster entitles them to shout misogynistic stuff at a female steward might - and as if this should need pointing out - like to do a thought experiment whereby that steward is their mum/ wife/ sister/ daughter/ girlfriend. How would you respond if you saw her on the end of that? Would you think it was funny 'banter'? If you did, would you still think it was a right laugh if she was upset by it?

My mum first went to Feethams in the seventies and my sister has come to games on-off since she was three, when Brian Little was manager, and my wife comes to many of the games I manage to make (which is not many, living on the South Coast). I'd like to think they can come to watch us and not have to deal with that puerile shite. I've not been an angel all my life in terms of my attitude towards opposing teams/ fans, but you can get behind your team and have a laugh without ever needing to slip into misogyny, racism, homophobia. I fail to see how spending some money on a train/ match ticket makes it alright for you to throw that kind of stuff at someone doing their job; no doubt you'd kick off if you were on the end of it at yours.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:04 pm

I coughed up a tenner towards buying a new lens for big tim's camera. Does that give me the right to shout abuse at him ?

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:05 pm

banktopp wrote:I coughed up a tenner towards buying a new lens for big tim's camera. Does that give me the right to shout abuse at him ?
Yes.

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:27 pm

Look all joking aside, I agree some went a bit too far yesterday (to a point where I actually moved away from it in the second half) and you can think what you want about me but I think it’s all been blown way out of proportion. Most lads who go purely go just to have a good time, have a few beers and enjoy themselves after going to work all week in order to do so. Does that excuse some of the stuff that was being said yesterday? Absolutely not , however most of what happens is nothing different from what goes on at every other football ground in the country. No ones a saint, I’m certainly not.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:36 pm

darlo2001uk wrote: I'm sure the players were SO impressed when they were giving their all, only to hear their own 'fans' chanting how s**** they were.

They are shite and they should be aware of this fact having shipped 9 goals in their previous 3 games.

If going 3-1 down and only getting back into the game with the aid of an own goal and the opposition going to 10 men is "giving their all" I'd hate to see them on a bad day.
Get a shave.
He is not rotund, he is obese.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:12 pm

Big Tim wrote: however most of what happens is nothing different from what goes on at every other football ground in the country.

The keyword here is 'most'

The "Pedo" thing is a disgrace - I've never heard it anywhere else.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:13 pm

I feel disgusted that when we play at home and we're kicking towards the tinshed, an element of the tinshed always starts singing that the opposition keeper is a paedophile, why? There is no need for that and all it does is probably encourage the keeper to keep us out.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Darlington...the friendly club.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:32 pm

Oh, the irony.

And, Andy, what about the shout - that we all heard - that was grossly insulting to disabled members of society?

Is that OK so long as you've paid your money to travel?

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:39 am

A group of supposedly grown men using 'passion' and 'support' as an excuse to throw around misogynistic abuse.

If you think going to away games means you can act like that then don't bother, you embarrasing bunch of twats.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:01 am

Highlights of the game on the link below. Well done Kev excellent film.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:07 am

Bless yas, how very dare we try to create an atmosphere.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:56 am

Stop trying to justify it. You sound as sad and pathetic as those middle aged morons on last week's Dispatches programme, trying to pass of openly racist behaviour as "banter". Apparently, "banter" allows you to say anything you like, and is always hilarious.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:12 am

AndyPark wrote:Bless yas, how very dare we try to create an atmosphere.
Is that the atmosphere that slags off your own team, shouts misogynist chants and homophobic remarks. All because you have the security of being in a gang and think you can get away with it. You are 30 years behind normal acceptable behaviour even at football matches. You incredibly thick cretins.