Darlington V Tamworth Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:07 pm

Looks like Phil Turnbull will serve his one match suspension on Saturday, big miss for us.
Last edited by Darlopartisan on Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darlo reborn

Re: Darlington V Tamworth

Post by darlo reborn » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:48 pm

Not as big as Styche for them

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Yep he is suspended tomorrow, he will be a miss but we have Brown back, Heaton possible home debut and two new players as well.

Hoping for something positive tomorrow which hopefully leads us in good spirits towards the trophy game and Styche also in the squad for next Friday.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:08 pm

Can see Collins being rested tomorrow in order to be used against Harrogate, as Heaton will be cup-tied.

Wilczynski; Trotman, Brown, Heaton, Galbraith; Portas, Syers, Wheatley; Thompson, Cartman, Mills

Subs: Burgess, Scott, Gillies, Caton, Saunders

Syers to play at the tip of the midfield 3 and support Cartman.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:29 pm

Don't think that'll be too far out

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:50 pm

tdk1 wrote:Don't think that'll be too far out
Might not be that formation but I think that the personnel will be there or thereabouts.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:09 am

We need a positive result, as on paper this is one of our more winnable upcoming games and it will give the team a boost before next Friday's important cup game.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:33 am

Turnbull will always be a big loss but hopefully we can see that game through without him. Don't agree with the idea of resting players. We are in the midst of a tough run of games and tamworth is one we must earmark to get decent points out or ergo the best team available has to play. For me I'd go for:

------------------------ Wilczynski -------------------------

---------------Brown, Collins, Heaton-----------------

Trotman----------------------------------------Galbraith

-------------- Portas, Scott, Wheatley ---------------

-------------------------- Syers ------------------------------

-------------------------- Mills -------------------------------

Subs: Vaulks, Thompson, Gillies, Saunders, Cartman.

Adding Scott into the midfield hopefully helps us win the midfield battle and then pass the ball off to Portas or Wheatley to drive us forwards. When we have the ball Syers gets free reign to go and be a second striker and get in the box. Without the ball he plays at the tip of a midfield diamond , with scott at the base, to give us lots of cover infront of our box.

Start off by making sure we get the clean sheet today. If we can do that ( I know it's a big if ) then I reckon we'll have enough on the pitch or bench to get us the goal we need to win it.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:14 am

Cant see Cartman featuring today now he's said he's on his way out.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:33 am

poppyfield wrote:Cant see Cartman featuring today now he's said he's on his way out.
Sub maybe?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:37 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
poppyfield wrote:Cant see Cartman featuring today now he's said he's on his way out.
Sub maybe?
Nope he's gone to Farsley
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:38 am

I can't see us getting much more than between 1200 & 1300, even though the weather is reasonable. Hope I'm wrong of course.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:43 am

poppyfield wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sub maybe?
Nope he's gone to Farsley
Yes, I've read up on it now. He's gone not going.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlopartisan

Re: Darlington V Tamworth Match Thread

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:43 pm

Be interesting to see the line up today

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:03 pm

I'd go with Saunders up front after he apparently terrorised the opposition last week. Syers and Mills behind him.

Ed

Brown
Collins
Heaton

Trotman
Portas
Scott
Galbraith

Syers
Mills

Saunders

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:33 pm

I’d like to see a front three of
Saunders — Syers — Mills.

Saunders would be more effective playing off someone central who could hold up the ball.

en passant

Post by en passant » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:42 pm

Beano wrote:I’d like to see a front three of
Saunders — Syers — Mills.

Saunders would be more effective playing off someone central who could hold up the ball.
Communication between the forwards is vital so this would probably be improved with our own SMS service.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:28 pm

Any news?

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Spyman wrote:Any news?

0-0

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:40 pm

Team: Wilczynski, Trotman, Galbraith, Wheatley, Collins, Brown (C), Mills, Syers, Caton, Gillies, Thompson.
Subs: Scott, Bancroft, Portas, Heaton, Saunders.

Bancroft? Who he?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:42 pm

biccynana wrote:
Team: Wilczynski, Trotman, Galbraith, Wheatley, Collins, Brown (C), Mills, Syers, Caton, Gillies, Thompson.

Bancroft? Who he?
Keeper from the youths I guess?

What shape are we playing? Caton with Gillies, Mills and Thompson behind? Awful lot of attacking midfielders in there!!

DC

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:00 pm

Spyman wrote:
biccynana wrote:

Bancroft? Who he?
Keeper from the youths I guess?

What shape are we playing? Caton with Gillies, Mills and Thompson behind? Awful lot of attacking midfielders in there!!

3-4-3 according to radio

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:37 pm

DFC 0-1 Tamworth

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:31 pm

Not sure quite why Brown decided on a short throw when the other two centre halves were waiting in the box for a long throw. The fact he took it short and we lost the ball from the blocked cross meant we were stretched at the back again. The only time they really had us stretched as well.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:55 pm

Crap game in which neither side looked like scoring. We just didn't seem to carry any real threat in and around the box whereas the one clear-cut chance they had was promptly thumped into the back of the net. The worrying thing is that you could very easily see us losing four of the next five games, given how tough they look. One point from the last four games tells its own story and its looking increasingly like a relegation fight could be on the cards. The new players will have to bed in very quickly.

The one bright spot today was the performance of Trotman. He looks a real prospect but the rest of the day is best forgotten.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:00 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Crap game in which neither side looked like scoring. We just didn't seem to carry any real threat in and around the box whereas the one clear-cut chance they had was promptly thumped into the back of the net. The worrying thing is that you could very easily see us losing four of the next five games, given how tough they look. One point from the last four games tells its own story and its looking increasingly like a relegation fight could be on the cards. The new players will have to bed in very quickly.

The one bright spot today was the performance of Trotman. He looks a real prospect but the rest of the day is best forgotten.
Different game to the one I was watching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:17 pm

We played quite well, but didn't take our chances when they came, whereas Tamworth took their chance. Thompson was very good. Caton had his best game in ages. The 2 new signings look promising.

Problem is, we've got some very tough fixtures coming up - this looked our best chance to get 3 much needed points. Hopefully Styche will give us someone to lead the line and provide a bit of cutting edge.

No atmosphere again, and even more disappointingly some rugby club members (presumably) showed their true colours today. Never felt more unwelcome in a bar at a game of football. Not sure how there can be a long term, mutually beneficial relationship if that's their attitude to be honest.

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:18 pm

Agree with Lordlucan. Awful game, nice football at times but all in midfield, absolutely no penetration at all in the final third. Just not strong enough and don't move the ball quickly enough. Relegation battle for sure, I would guess any combination of our last 15 or so games would firmly put us in bottom 3 so how can we not be in a relegation battle with the games in hand other teams have, and our forthcoming fixtures.
I know it's early days for Wright but why continue with 1 up front at home when last 2 games we haven't even looked like scoring. Even when 0-1 down with 20 mns left surely try something different, but no! Even push Brown up for last 10 but no let's stick to what isn't working!
Also, why sign Heaton then drop him? Ok, Thompson did well, but surely Galbraith has to play there. 2 new guys on first impressions don't look any better than what we already have, but guess give them a few games.
Sick of hearing also that " this team was good enough last year" etc. We only had 4 players today who played regularly last year, so shows how our squad has worsened.
Rumour today that we have bid for another Tamworth player who was on the bench today. Surely this isn't the way forward, sell Cartman and buy a Tamworth reserve....
Not impressed so far with Wrights actions I have to say?

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:34 pm

Not sure how Wheatley smashing the ball against the bar and then a point blank save by the keeper means no threat? I'm always worried when Brown takes the long throw-always likely to backfire.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:39 pm

Quakerlad wrote:2 new guys on first impressions don't look any better than what we already have, but guess give them a few games.
The new right back did well I thought, and put more decent crosses in than Marss has all season. I like Marss but thats one area of his game that is lacking.