York watch....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: York watch....

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:50 pm

Sorry mate sold as seen :lol:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:09 pm

Lookingbetter wrote:Please take Gray back he isnt wanted here
You pinched him, so you're entitled to him!! Wonder what happens to the pre-season friendly, if he's sacked before the end of this season?

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:15 pm

It means we have been gazumped

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:08 pm

Anyone has a link for York FC Fans forum please.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:10 pm

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:43 pm

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:32 pm

I go to the York Press. Click on any news story about York City FC and there are loads and loads of comments.

Here's one I have just copied.

"CHEEZY PUFFS12 hrs ago
This is all a bit late in the day. In fact it is rather pathetic.
Anybody with even a micro-gram of intelligence could have told the York players that every opposition team would regard playing against York, especially at BC, as a cup final.
The fact that this never seems to have occurred to the PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLERS tells you all you need to know about the set up at the club.
Jason McGill has handed over the running of the Club to a man who is the worst manager in York City's history. Mr McGill has therefore abdicated all responsibility. This is the truth of the matter."
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Lookingbetter
Team Supported: York city

Post by Lookingbetter » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:13 pm

Id rather back a decent club like Darlington

Lookingbetter

Post by Lookingbetter » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:54 pm

I run the press forum posing as a York fan , they are all idiots on there

Nimrod

Post by Nimrod » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:12 pm

Lookingbetter wrote:I run the press forum posing as a York fan , they are all idiots on there
I assume you're the chap who logs on using about six different user names and winds everyone up for kicks?

Lookingbetter

Post by Lookingbetter » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:35 pm

Nimrod wrote:
Lookingbetter wrote:I run the press forum posing as a York fan , they are all idiots on there
I assume you're the chap who logs on using about six different user names and winds everyone up for kicks?
Yes lol elvis is one of them , i have some of them fooled

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:56 pm

Looks like york could be in for Whitby goalkeeper Shane Bland. There squad must be demoralised already with the amount of signings coming through the door.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:40 pm

quakerste wrote:Looks like york could be in for Whitby goalkeeper Shane Bland. There squad must be demoralised already with the amount of signings coming through the door.
Is this the keeper who we scored 7 against,pretty sure it is,pretty average keeper on the night.If Gray signs him then what message does this send out to the York players signing players for the sake of it.Like Quakerz said, just like a kid in a sweet shop.Keep it going Martin you will have a FT squad of 30 at this rate.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:33 pm

quakerste wrote:Looks like york could be in for Whitby goalkeeper Shane Bland. There squad must be demoralised already with the amount of signings coming through the door.
Bland isn't a bad keeper and its probably on the recommendation of Andy Collett who employs Bland at his academy.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:22 pm

Looks like York have got Bland as they've just loaned an 18 year-old rookie keeper to Whitby. Must be Gray's sweetener to make the deal happen as Whitby said York's offer for Bland fell "substantially below a realistic valuation." They also warned York not to approach Bland directly... heaven forbid they would ever contemplate such a dodgy move.
Go on Gray, throw in a friendly against the Yorkshire giants as well.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:49 pm

Stuff York, they say we are a nobody club on their forum but I think we are a better run club then them.
Loads of managers in the last few years, money thrown at everything re: players and they are only a point above us.
Our players haven't played well this season but I wouldn't swap any of them for Yorks and I'm sure ours will go on a good run sooner then later, come on Darlo.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:55 pm

You wouldn't swap any of York's players for ours! You having a laugh, Scott for Ferguson first off.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:07 pm

Well he was one of ours first but no they can keep him, we can win games without him.
Come on Darlo stuff the bloody lot of them.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:11 pm

Lookingbetter wrote:
Nimrod wrote:
Yes lol elvis is one of them , i have some of them fooled
Sorry, but if you're not a York fan, but are pretending to be one and making OTT comments about York in that guise - then that's a cunnt's trick.

Years ago, we used to get Poolies posing as Darlo fans on here and on the Echo comments section to create division and mayhem, and we didn't like that one bit.

If we do the same to others then we're hypocrites.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Plenty of moaning available to see on the yorkpress site after the draw yesterday - but leaving the footy to one side, these two posts caught my eye ---

"We now have a backroom staff that numbers wise would be more akin to a Championship club...If Tony Norman is employed as a GK Coach we will then have a Manager, Assistant Manager, Sporting Director, 2 Goalkeeping Coaches (Norman and Collett) and several Physios/Medical staff....Once again fair play to Jason for providing the financial support to the Manager..However, we should be beating the likes of Kidderminster."

..And this one

"I cant go to games anymore now but my doubts about YCFC are the underhand appointment of Gray which puts him in a poor light and the future playing in the Weetabix box at Monks Cross with no terracing and therefore no atmosphere."
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:43 pm

Did not know Norman was there as well...2 goalkeeping coaches at this level?..Jesus! Would imagine Gregan joining him in some capacity also, wonder what title Gray finds for him.?Probably the best thing for all parties that he left us for York, can imagine our board breathing a massive sigh of relief.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:49 pm

Not forgetting the assistant kit manager's assistant...

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:53 pm

And Mr Harry Dunn, as was pointed out further down the thread.

Speaking of former DFC employees , I see that Psychologist Darren Sutton has disappeared from our pay roll too, mentioned in previous match programmes.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:14 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Did not know Norman was there as well...2 goalkeeping coaches at this level?..Jesus! Would imagine Gregan joining him in some capacity also, wonder what title Gray finds for him.?Probably the best thing for all parties that he left us for York, can imagine our board breathing a massive sigh of relief.

As I have said on here before, Collett is primarily an academy coach and only helped out on first team duties if he was around that day.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:17 pm

Is there a reason people are still obsessing over Gray and what he's doing at York?

It's a bit pointless - rather like stalking an ex-girlfriend's Facebook page to check out her new partner.

He left weeks ago. We've moved on. I don't see how wishing him to fail, and using confirmation bias to home in on any negative comments about Gray, is in anyway helpful or constructive.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:22 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Is there a reason people are still obsessing over Gray and what he's doing at York?
Well, to answer your question, the main reason is I'm a bit bored, but it's interesting to see how he gets on and what other people think.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:31 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:And Mr Harry Dunn, as was pointed out further down the thread.

Speaking of former DFC employees , I see that Psychologist Darren Sutton has disappeared from our pay roll too, mentioned in previous match programmes.
The psychologist will be a huge loss then.
Certainly worked his magic regarding cup matches.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:37 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Is there a reason people are still obsessing over Gray and what he's doing at York?

It's a bit pointless - rather like stalking an ex-girlfriend's Facebook page to check out her new partner.

He left weeks ago. We've moved on. I don't see how wishing him to fail, and using confirmation bias to home in on any negative comments about Gray, is in anyway helpful or constructive.
I like watching c**** fail.

It's as simple as that really.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:37 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Did not know Norman was there as well...2 goalkeeping coaches at this level?..Jesus! Would imagine Gregan joining him in some capacity also, wonder what title Gray finds for him.?Probably the best thing for all parties that he left us for York, can imagine our board breathing a massive sigh of relief.

They have about sixteen goalkeepers don't they?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:07 pm

If he's still in charge when York visit us next year, I'm sure he'll get a very warm reception from Darlo fans.