York watch....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: York watch....

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:25 pm

Spyman wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:Is there a reason people are still obsessing over Gray and what he's doing at York?

It's a bit pointless - rather like stalking an ex-girlfriend's Facebook page to check out her new partner.

He left weeks ago. We've moved on. I don't see how wishing him to fail, and using confirmation bias to home in on any negative comments about Gray, is in anyway helpful or constructive.
I like watching c**** fail.

It's as simple as that really.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Define failing.

They're in the play-offs. We're slipping towards a relegation battle with an unproven manager.

We've bigger priorities than remaining bitter at MG.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:30 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:Is there a reason people are still obsessing over Gray and what he's doing at York?

It's a bit pointless - rather like stalking an ex-girlfriend's Facebook page to check out her new partner.

He left weeks ago. We've moved on. I don't see how wishing him to fail, and using confirmation bias to home in on any negative comments about Gray, is in anyway helpful or constructive.

Define failing.

They're in the play-offs. We're slipping towards a relegation battle with an unproven manager.

Here Here

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:23 pm

Hear, hear. Time to move on, nothing to see here.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:42 pm

I have no doubt Gray will make the play-offs with York.

Can't deny if he went on a losing run and was flustered I would find it funny but we need to move on, we have enough challenges of our own on the pitch and off.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:59 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Define failing.

Yes but I can still hope he fails.

Playoffs will be seen as the minimum expectation, I imagine, so not failure but not success unless they win them.

Anyway, none of the energy I spend thinking Gray is a prick has ever taken away from the energy I spend wanting the best for Darlo, so it's not an issue.

Just like wanting artlepools to fail.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:40 pm

In my latest game on Football Manager Mobile...

He was sacked after 12 games lying 11th in the league by the 4th October...

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 9c2bb9.jpg[/img]
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 330bfd.jpg[/img]

Wonder what he will get in real life

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:19 pm

I reckon Gray could well get York promoted, there I said it.

And no I don't care how many of you on here that offends.

He took over what was to say the least an inconsistent team that he did not assemble himself, the only two additions of his are as far as I know are Ferguson and Bartlett he's had a bit of a stuttering start but they seem to be stringing some results together now which is more than what can be said for us.

Like DarloGramps says we have bigger priorities than obsessing over what he's doing at York it's none of our concern. I'm more concerned about the fact we've lost 3 of our last 4 since beating Bradford and are struggling for goals whilst haemorrhaging them at the other end and this doesn't bode well for our run in over the Christmas/New year period.

Salford H
Gainsborough A
Harrogate H
Harrogate A
York H

If you want something to worry about, worry about where our next league win is going to come from.

F*ck Gray.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:31 pm

Not sure why you think anybody would be offended by you thinking he will get York promoted.

They have a huge budget for the level and are full time, I reckon you could get them promoted.

He's signed at least 6 players already by the way.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:45 pm

I couldn’t give a flying fuck about MG and how York are doing anymore.

More concerned about this relegation battle we are in.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:53 pm

Quakerz wrote:Not sure why you think anybody would be offended by you thinking he will get York promoted.

They have a huge budget for the level and are full time, I reckon you could get them promoted.

He's signed at least 6 players already by the way.
It may upset the bitter few on here suggesting that he may be successful there when they're hell bent on wanting him to fail.

To be fair I wished him well up until that interview with BBC tees the day after is what killed it for him with us, awful shame he left in those circumstances after a hugely successful 5 years with us but it's done now.

And that's why I said as far as I know I can't say I've been paying particularly close attention to them.

It reminds me a little of when Pete used to give us weekly updates on Carlisle's progress on the old rivals board.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:35 pm

I'd love to see the c*** fail, but I'm still not offended that you think he'll get them up?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:00 pm

quaker4life wrote:I reckon Gray could well get York promoted, there I said it.

He took over what was to say the least an inconsistent team that he did not assemble himself, the only two additions of his are as far as I know are Ferguson and Bartlett he's had a bit of a stuttering start but they seem to be stringing some results together now which is more than what can be said for us.

Like DarloGramps says we have bigger priorities than obsessing over what he's doing at York it's none of our concern. I'm more concerned about the fact we've lost 3 of our last 4 since beating Bradford and are struggling for goals whilst haemorrhaging them at the other end and this doesn't bode well for our run in over the Christmas/New year period.

Salford H
Gainsborough A
Harrogate H
Harrogate A
York H

If you want something to worry about, worry about where our next league win is going to come from.

F*ck Gray.
As Quakers says, what a bizarre statement.

I hope he fails, but in all likelihood with the funds he has, he can succeed. He's shown in the past that with a big budget he can assemble a good team.

Whether he is given the time to succeed is probably the biggest question mark.

Your suggestion of the blatantly obvious is unlikely to offend anyone, even in this day and age of snowflake attitudes.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:22 pm

quaker4life wrote:I reckon Gray could well get York promoted, there I said it.

Salford H
Gainsborough A
Harrogate H
Harrogate A
York H

F*ck Gray.
Ideally we need 4 or possibly 5 points out of those available 15, which given our current form will be a hard task. Anything less and we'll be in deep do dah.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 am

Interesting read on the York form calling Gray deluded after his comments post match after the Kiddie game...

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:16 pm

given Gray's recent track record he may well get York into playoffs / promoted, but he will hit York's financial ceiling.......be refused more funds to buy his billionth striker.....and then look around for another club with cash. he doesn't appear to be able to construct a successful team with limited resources or develop players with potential to then sell on for large fees...

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:56 pm

Lost 2-1 to Boston. That's a shocker. Which speech will it be today. I predict "Players don't play for Martin Gray's teams with that lack of effort. We'll be looking to move some on. I'm not standing for it".

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:00 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Lost 2-1 to Boston. That's a shocker. Which speech will it be today. I predict "Players don't play for Martin Gray's teams with that lack of effort. We'll be looking to move some on. I'm not standing for it".
Song heard from the terracing...sacked in the morning your getting sacked in the morning etc etc etc.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:01 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Lost 2-1 to Boston. That's a shocker. Which speech will it be today. I predict "Players don't play for Martin Gray's teams with that lack of effort. We'll be looking to move some on. I'm not standing for it".
Forget about York, that result is an absolute shocker for us too....

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:04 pm

Bollocks to Gray. More to the point Boston won, Nuneaton won, FC United won.
We are just 2 points now from bottom three.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:06 pm

Gray is chopping and changing his squad far too much Adam, signed yet another 2 players last week, would love to see his post match interview because he does get lots of questions fired at him.Would guess he will get stick over this result from the York fans bearing in mind that massive budget he has been given.As long as they don't go up, we stay in this league and get a squad ready for next season and the new stand sorted, that will do for me.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:06 pm

banktopp wrote:Bollocks to Gray. More to the point Boston won, Nuneaton won, FC United won.
We are just 2 points now from bottom three.
Exactly!!!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:16 pm

Next Saturday is massive, lose and we could be in the bottom 3. simply must start getting some clean sheets and get set up to be tough to break down and start getting some ugly, scrappy wins.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:24 pm

Wanted York to win today for obvious reasons, in fact the way things are I hope Gray leads York to beat every other team in the bottom half other than us.

I would happily watch Gray and York be promoted if it meant we went on a run and settled in mid-table with no relegation battle.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:36 pm

Also, if York go on a settled run, less chance of MG coming back to us to raid more players.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:50 pm

Gray's league record since joining York is no better than the departed Mills. He's not finding things easy that's for sure.

Mills, 17 points in 12 games. = av 1.4 points a game.

Gray,(lost3/drawn 2/won 3) 11 points in 8 games. = av 1.37 points a game.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:53 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Next Saturday is massive, lose and we could be in the bottom 3. simply must start getting some clean sheets and get set up to be tough to break down and start getting some ugly, scrappy wins.

Got to be sensible about where we are. We play every team twice and the worst teams at the end of the season go down. The salford game is a tough game against the best team in the league and won't be the measure of whether we stay up this season. Any points in these games are a bonus. But by early Jan we will have played York, Harrogate and Salford twice. The season will be defined by our results against the teams around us; North Ferriby, Nuneaton, Boston, FCUM, Gainsborough, Southport, Leamington and Alfreton. Yes things might get worse before they get better league position wise. But saying we're in a relegation battle (which I agree with) and judging our ability to stay up by results against top of the league makes no sense. :lol:

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:01 pm

If we get 5 points from our next 5 games I`ll be over the moon

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:21 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Gray's league record since joining York is no better than the departed Mills. He's not finding things easy that's for sure.

Mills, 17 points in 12 games. = av 1.4 points a game.

Gray,(lost3/drawn 2/won 3) 11 points in 8 games. = av 1.37 points a game.
Seriously, your obsession is unhealthy. Let it go.

They're a point off the play-offs, we're two above the relegation zone.

Trying to indulge in schadenfreude is little bit unrealistic given our horrendous position.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:41 pm

I'd be quite happy if York went on a nad run and missed out on the play-offs. Pleased they lost today.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:59 pm

Even though it was bad for us Pete?