Darlington V Tamworth Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Re: Darlington V Tamworth Match Thread

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:23 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Still better than many teams in the league above.
Still a couple big games in York and Blyth to come at BM to boost the average as well.

don'tbuythesun
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:45 am

And don't forget the trophy run!!!

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:19 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:And don't forget the trophy run!!!
If we can scrape a 0-0 draw and get into the pot for the next round will that count as a cup run? Of late it will seem like it lol
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:26 am

We are definitely the weaker partner when it comes to BM. On Saturday I arrived early on Saturday to watch the second half of the Arsenal v Tottenham Premiership game, as they always show the early premiership games on the big screen. Blank screen in the bar. I ask if the Premiership game can be put on. After about 15 minutes fannying around, they eventually get it working. We see about 2 or 3 minutes of the game, then it comes up that there is a clash with the England v Australia rugby union game. So the footie goes off, but in an ironic way they can't get the rugby on, so of course they put the ATP tennis finals on from the O2 Arena, instead of the football.

The attitude of the rugby club towards us, is really beginning to piss me off, clearly they only want our money and bugger else. :thumbdown:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:29 am

MikeinBlack2 wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:And don't forget the trophy run!!!
If we can scrape a 0-0 draw and get into the pot for the next round will that count as a cup run? Of late it will seem like it lol
I very much doubt as to our ability that we could hold out for 90 minutes. But in the unlikely event that we did, you just know we'd draw a plum draw and then lose the replay.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:13 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:We are definitely the weaker partner when it comes to BM. On Saturday I arrived early on Saturday to watch the second half of the Arsenal v Tottenham Premiership game, as they always show the early premiership games on the big screen. Blank screen in the bar. I ask if the Premiership game can be put on. After about 15 minutes fannying around, they eventually get it working. We see about 2 or 3 minutes of the game, then it comes up that there is a clash with the England v Australia rugby union game. So the footie goes off, but in an ironic way they can't get the rugby on, so of course they put the ATP tennis finals on from the O2 Arena, instead of the football.

The attitude of the rugby club towards us, is really beginning to piss me off, clearly they only want our money and bugger else. Image
Never seen you as angry Pete, totally understandable, this is the reason I always give money for 50/50 tickets rather than over the bar .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:31 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:We are definitely the weaker partner when it comes to BM. On Saturday I arrived early on Saturday to watch the second half of the Arsenal v Tottenham Premiership game, as they always show the early premiership games on the big screen. Blank screen in the bar. I ask if the Premiership game can be put on. After about 15 minutes fannying around, they eventually get it working. We see about 2 or 3 minutes of the game, then it comes up that there is a clash with the England v Australia rugby union game. So the footie goes off, but in an ironic way they can't get the rugby on, so of course they put the ATP tennis finals on from the O2 Arena, instead of the football.

The attitude of the rugby club towards us, is really beginning to piss me off, clearly they only want our money and bugger else. Image
Never seen you as angry Pete, totally understandable, this is the reason I always give money for 50/50 tickets rather than over the bar .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

It would have been quite understandable if the rugby game had kicked off at 2pm, but it was actually a kicked off at 3pm, but I realise the half dozen or so rugby club members take precedence over the 100 or so footie fans in the bar. It's about time that the rugby club realises that it's us that's keeping them afloat financially.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:31 am

Darlo_Pete wrote: ....

It would have been quite understandable if the rugby game had kicked off at 2pm, but it was actually a kicked off at 3pm, but I realise the half dozen or so rugby club members take precedence over the 100 or so footie fans in the bar. It's about time that the rugby club realises that it's us that's keeping them afloat financially.

DFC hire the facilities for the purposes of a Darlington football match. Spurs v Arsenal or any other game on TV is not part of that arrangement. Indeed you will recall initially DFC fans were not going to be provided with access to the clubhouse at all. The rugby club made concessions to allow DFC fans access to the rugby club's clubhouse.

Some of the posts over the weekend ( on FB not on here) seem designed to do nothing more than p*ss off the Rugby club - eg the abuse because the Rugby club refused to switch off the biggest Rugby Union game of the year at half time in the football so DFC fans could see football scores in on TV

Things will only improve by co-operation with the landlords not abuse and snide comments by DFC fans.

DFC are in a precarious position as they only have a licence to use BM. DFC do not have ownership of BM or even a lease to use the facilities. I am sure there are provisions in the licence to allow its termination by both sides. Where would DFC be if the Rugby Club terminated the licence/ Not only homeless, but all the money sunk into the ground redevelopments would be wasted costs

tezza

Post by tezza » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 am

spen666 wrote:

DFC hire the facilities for the purposes of a Darlington football match. Spurs v Arsenal or any other game on TV is not part of that arrangement. Indeed you will recall initially DFC fans were not going to be provided with access to the clubhouse at all. The rugby club made concessions to allow DFC fans access to the rugby club's clubhouse.

Some of the posts over the weekend ( on FB not on here) seem designed to do nothing more than p*ss off the Rugby club - eg the abuse because the Rugby club refused to switch off the biggest Rugby Union game of the year at half time in the football so DFC fans could see football scores in on TV

Things will only improve by co-operation with the landlords not abuse and snide comments by DFC fans.

DFC are in a precarious position as they only have a licence to use BM. DFC do not have ownership of BM or even a lease to use the facilities. I am sure there are provisions in the licence to allow its termination by both sides. Where would DFC be if the Rugby Club terminated the licence/ Not only homeless, but all the money sunk into the ground redevelopments would be wasted costs

"Where would DFC be if the Rugby Club terminated the licence" Would that really be in their long term interests.??? Surely its like the Metro Centre evicting their tenants.

The poster who prefers to buy 50-50 tickets, rather than pie & pint has the right method to bring about relationship and attitude change.

Right now it seems a case of "your in my home so you will play by my rules"

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:35 am

Oh I do enjoy it when Spen comes on here to lecture us all about our own football club.

It always improves the situation.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:17 pm

tezza wrote:
spen666 wrote:

"Where would DFC be if the Rugby Club terminated the licence" Would that really be in their long term interests.??? Surely its like the Metro Centre evicting their tenants.

The poster who prefers to buy 50-50 tickets, rather than pie & pint has the right method to bring about relationship and attitude change.

Right now it seems a case of "your in my home so you will play by my rules"
my view entirely - give the football club all of the money rather than giving some to the Rugby Club. I got criticised on FB for this stance. I will have my two pints in a decent bar in the town selling some decent beer where I am made to feel less of an intruder.
Darlogramps wrote:Oh I do enjoy it when Spen comes on here to lecture us all about our own football club.

It always improves the situation.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
He is on a mission to educate the heathens.

tezza

Post by tezza » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:16 pm

I have often thought the pubs and taxi firms are missing a trick on match days.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:38 pm

spen666 wrote:

That's all just shitty management by whoever is running the bar tbh. If the game doesn't start until 3pm, then show the football until it finishes (what, half 2?) then put the Rugby on. Half time, obviously it's unreasonable to interrupt something that is mid game. Anyone running the joint should have the confidence but also ability to reason with people. As a football fan, i wouldn't demand a live game of something else be turned off so i could watch the build up an hour before the game. That's just unreasonable.

Frankly, it could also be avoided by buying an extra frigging TV with the hundreds and hundreds of quid extra they take in profit every time the football club are there. You could've kept everyone happy with an extra tv and a freeview box to show sky sports news. Absolute buttons in cost.

I know DFC don't own or run the club house, but it makes sense for the rugby club to want football fans to come in and spend their money. Otherwise, the football club may as well explore other avenues, like the beer tent that was proposed when we moved in.