Did the club order the seating

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

H1987
Team Supported: Darlington

Did the club order the seating

Post by H1987 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:15 pm

Sorry if i've missed this, but just curious. Did the club confirm they've ordered the seats? Was it boxing day they wanted them in for? I know the roof needs another 2k.

Quakerz

Re: Did the club order the seating

Post by Quakerz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:27 pm

H1987 wrote:Sorry if i've missed this, but just curious. Did the club confirm they've ordered the seats?
No. After all the intensive effort in raising the money to buy the seats, the club couldn't be arsed to order them. :roll:

Fuck me what a daft question to ask!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:17 pm

Didn't Hearts have an embarrassing delay with their new stand as they forgot to order seats in time?

A bit embarrassing for them

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:31 pm

yes. Human error meant the order didn't get placed.

Amazing new main stand though....

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:42 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:yes. Human error meant the order didn't get placed.

Amazing new main stand though....

It sure is. The ground has been massively improved in recent years.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:03 pm

Quakerz wrote:
H1987 wrote:Sorry if i've missed this, but just curious. Did the club confirm they've ordered the seats?
No. After all the intensive effort in raising the money to buy the seats, the club couldn't be arsed to order them. :roll:

Fuck me what a daft question to ask!
Poor question but just in the way it's worded not so much the sentiment, would be a good positive story for the club to announce that the order was placed and expected to arrive on whatever date.

However no doubt the club are just being cautious to ensure not too disappointing if any delays occurred.

Target was for them to be in place in advance of 6th Jan for the York game originally, no idea if that has changed since then.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:18 pm

As you already said, the club has already stated that they aim to have the seats in place for the York game - if there is any change I'm sure they'll let us know.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:57 pm

H1987 wrote:Sorry if i've missed this, but just curious. Did the club confirm they've ordered the seats? Was it boxing day they wanted them in for? I know the roof needs another 2k.
They're already 8 month too late, why rush now?
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:16 pm

I'm guessing that in order to be in place for the York game, work will need to start pretty soon. In terms of turn around time, these new stands can be put up pretty rapidly. Salford's last stand went up in about 4-5 weeks although the BBC probably paid for Bob the Builder and his team to help out.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:54 pm

Quakerz wrote:As you already said, the club has already stated that they aim to have the seats in place for the York game - if there is any change I'm sure they'll let us know.
Darlo don't rush I can't see them been done for the York game, due to the weather etc etc

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:10 am

No doubt we'll get clarification of when the seats will be installed at Monday evenings meeting.

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:29 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:I'm guessing that in order to be in place for the York game, work will need to start pretty soon. In terms of turn around time, these new stands can be put up pretty rapidly. Salford's last stand went up in about 4-5 weeks although the BBC probably paid for Bob the Builder and his team to help out.
It was the BBC"s DIY SOS mob.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:51 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:No doubt we'll get clarification of when the seats will be installed at Monday evenings meeting.
Week on Monday??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:13 pm

From DFCSG statement last night:

http://dfcsg.co.uk/?x=entry:entry171201-223829
We hope to be in a position to update fans next week on the expected delivery and installation dates for the new seating block and roofing. We look forward to working with the Football Club to make the best use of these new facilities and improving the matchday experience for all our supporters.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:00 pm

Any visible sign of the stand going up by the York game would be great.

A real fuck you to Martin Gray when he sees the fans funding of a new stand over his frivolous spending is coming to fruition.

Just embarrassing, isn't it Martin?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:17 pm

Spyman wrote:Any visible sign of the stand going up by the York game would be great.

A real fuck you to Martin Gray when he sees the fans funding of a new stand over his frivolous spending is coming to fruition.

Just embarrassing, isn't it Martin?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Indeed!

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:47 pm

Heard at the last game looking at February before the stand and seating are in place. Don't know how much truth is in that though.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:27 pm

quakerste wrote:Heard at the last game looking at February before the stand and seating are in place. Don't know how much truth is in that though.
The whole point of switching the funds around was to get the seats in with no roof etc. earlier and York match was the target, roof to be added in advance of March 31st.

I guess as Robbie says we will find out soon once the club and DFCSG update us.