York watch....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: York watch....

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Even though it was bad for us Pete?
Yes, can't stand Gray and I'd be delighted if they missed the play-offs. We have our fate in our own hands and we shouldn't have to rely on other sides beating sides near the bottom. Plus there is a long part of the season and much can change between now and the end of the season.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:08 pm

This is Darlo though Pete. We've spent all these years as Darlo fans relying on other teams to bail us out. It's part of being a Darlo fan!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:01 pm

BBC Radio York‏ @BBCYork 12m12 minutes ago
More
BREAKING: @YorkCityFC refuse to confirm or deny that manager Martin Grey spat into a man's face during yesterday's away match #Boston United. Club says it will "be making no comment on this matter." #YCFC

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:58 pm

Quakerz wrote:BBC Radio York‏ @BBCYork 12m12 minutes ago
More
BREAKING: @YorkCityFC refuse to confirm or deny that manager Martin Grey spat into a man's face during yesterday's away match #Boston United. Club says it will "be making no comment on this matter." #YCFC
Yea there are some tweets out there a guy claiming he was spat at twice
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:05 pm

As much as I think that Gray is an arsey get when things aren't going his way, I can't see him spitting at someone - unless it was by accident ie shouting at someone

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:25 pm

Wonder if it is a York fan who has raised the complaint, will be worse if that is the case.Just listened to his post match "grilling" and seemed to be uncomfortable with many of the questions fired at him.Usual replies, poor in both boxes, should have been 3 up at HT, not closing down, great in training, performance unacceptable,blah,blah,blah.Lots of pressure on him now, the grass is never always greener as the saying goes.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:29 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Wonder if it is a York fan who has raised the complaint, will be worse if that is the case.Just listened to his post match "grilling" and seemed to be uncomfortable with many of the questions fired at him.Usual replies, poor in both boxes, should have been 3 up at HT, not closing down, great in training, performance unacceptable,blah,blah,blah.Lots of pressure on him now, the grass is never always greener as the saying goes.

Ron did he say 'this club's' gone as far as it can with the current model. I can take it to the next level but not without outside investment. Stick with me and I'll make your dreams come true.'

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:48 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Wonder if it is a York fan who has raised the complaint, will be worse if that is the case.Just listened to his post match "grilling" and seemed to be uncomfortable with many of the questions fired at him.Usual replies, poor in both boxes, should have been 3 up at HT, not closing down, great in training, performance unacceptable,blah,blah,blah.Lots of pressure on him now, the grass is never always greener as the saying goes.

Ron did he say 'this club's' gone as far as it can with the current model. I can take it to the next level but not without outside investment. Stick with me and I'll make your dreams come true.'
That will be next Nick.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:49 pm

York 2 down against Kidderminster at HT in the FA Trophy.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Well it is a cup!

I see Gregan and Bell have turned up as part time coaches at York

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:49 pm

Mark Beck scores 2 for Harrogate at Wrexham

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:49 pm

al_quaker wrote:Well it is a cup!

Why the hell does he want these 2 in addition to the backroom staff already there.So that's Gray,Penny,Atkinson,and now Gregan plus 3 goalkeeping coaches in Collett, Bell and Norman.They must have a massive payroll cost, McGill must have more money than sense.Crazy.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:05 pm

Funniest story from the FA Trophy is Hartlepool's latest humiliation.

Beaten by Workington.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Nimrod

Post by Nimrod » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:30 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
al_quaker wrote:Well it is a cup!

Why the hell does he want these 2 in addition to the backroom staff already there.So that's Gray,Penny,Atkinson,and now Gregan plus 3 goalkeeping coaches in Collett, Bell and Norman.They must have a massive payroll cost, McGill must have more money than sense.Crazy.

Gray is paying Gregan's wages out of his own pocket, not sure if the same may apply to others so not all McGill funded

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:58 pm

Fair enough if he is paying Gregans wages but do you need a management/coaching team of 4 plus goalkeeping coaches at this level.Crazy!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:31 pm

The Hangers are in meltdown, on and off the pitch. Wouldn't be surprised to see the A word surfacing.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:50 pm

There forum is in melt down...Apparently Gray is not happy with some of the independent questions been thrown at him, he could control Stodds and Ray's questions but he ain't handling the tough questions he is getting at the moment especially about Gregan and Bell

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:50 pm

Toot toot mind the gap

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:22 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:Toot toot mind the gap
The gap between York being in the Conference North and us in the Evostick Premier?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:40 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Fair enough if he is paying Gregans wages but do you need a management/coaching team of 4 plus goalkeeping coaches at this level.Crazy!

If only he'd paid James Catons wages!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:27 am

The only thing that slightly raises your spirits after yesterdays result is listening to Gray's post match interview after the Blythe defeat, the mauling he is getting from the York media team is unrelenting and for the first time he is saying jobs may be on the line, fans must be patient and he understands their frustrations.He is also naming players who are making mistakes, something a manager must never do
Does not look a happy bunny but answers every single question in detail, not quite the case with poor Ray.Chants from the fans to bring Gary Mills back and Gray out.......starting to feel sorry for him now!!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:24 am

I'll never feel sorry for him.

His unrelenting ambition (for himself) and need for more and more money to service it, took us to the brink on more than one occasion.

His outburst at the forum and attempt to bring Raj Singh in showed he was all about getting whatever money he could at whatever cost - showed how much he cared about the club there.

As soon as he had his first rough patch he was off. He realised that their was no more money coming in, that he'd recruited poorly and left us with a wage bill that we've had to cut subequently.

Then when he went he resigned rather than going through the process of York approaching us, arranging compensation etc.

I hope he fails miserably with his million pound full time budget because let's face it they should be top 3 with Salford and Harrogate, no question.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:29 am

I was only joking saying I feel sorry for him, absolutely no way, totally agree with your post Quakerz, spot on to a tea, cannot stand the bloke TBH.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:57 am

Quakerz wrote:I'll never feel sorry for him.

His unrelenting ambition (for himself) and need for more and more money to service it, took us to the brink on more than one occasion.

His outburst at the forum and attempt to bring Raj Singh in showed he was all about getting whatever money he could at whatever cost - showed how much he cared about the club there.

As soon as he had his first rough patch he was off. He realised that their was no more money coming in, that he'd recruited poorly and left us with a wage bill that we've had to cut subequently.

Then when he went he resigned rather than going through the process of York approaching us, arranging compensation etc.

I hope he fails miserably with his million pound full time budget because let's face it they should be top 3 with Salford and Harrogate, no question.
Absolutely great post Quakerz.

Ambition in itself is no bad thing (as in having determination and drive) but some people think the word will justify any kind of selfish behaviour.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:38 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:The only thing that slightly raises your spirits after yesterdays result is listening to Gray's post match interview after the Blythe defeat, the mauling he is getting from the York media team is unrelenting and for the first time he is saying jobs may be on the line, fans must be patient and he understands their frustrations.He is also naming players who are making mistakes, something a manager must never do
Does not look a happy bunny but answers every single question in detail, not quite the case with poor Ray.Chants from the fans to bring Gary Mills back and Gray out.......starting to feel sorry for him now!!

Got a link to his interview? Can’t find it myself

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:02 pm

Just go onto the York City fans forum.Nearly all his interviews last about 6-7 minutes, twice as long as those with Ray.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:07 pm

He's brought this all upon himself and therefore deserves no sympathy. I've heard that when York play at BM at the start of January, the area around the York dugout is going to be cordoned off, to protect Gray from Darlo fans.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:23 pm

You've heard from a WUM most likely.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:26 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:He's brought this all upon himself and therefore deserves no sympathy. I've heard that when York play at BM at the start of January, the area around the York dugout is going to be cordoned off, to protect Gray from Darlo fans.
No sympathy Pete, has brought all this aggro on himself with his attitude towards our club, if he had used his brains and left with respect for Darlo things would be so different.Anyway its Xmas Pete, are you doing Turkey and Ham tomorrow.?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:29 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:He's brought this all upon himself and therefore deserves no sympathy. I've heard that when York play at BM at the start of January, the area around the York dugout is going to be cordoned off, to protect Gray from Darlo fans.
Fcuks sake that's not gonna help he would need to be at the arena for him not hear the Darlo fans given him stick... I think he is doing a sterling job at York!!!!