Saturday 16th December

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakerste
Team Supported: Darlington

Saturday 16th December

Post by quakerste » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:59 pm

According to the Echo the club have asked for a game to rescheduled for this date. I wonder when the league will give details of any fixture changes.

quaker4life

Re: Saturday 16th December

Post by quaker4life » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:22 pm

Looking at our remaining fixtures it looks like this would result in another blank Saturday later in the season, seems like a bit of a pointless exercise.

Also it would obviously have to be someone else in our league who is out of the Trophy.

So any out of the following:

Alfreton A (Jan 13th)
Bradford Park Ave A (February 10th)
Tamworth A (March 3rd)
Curzon Ashton H (March 10th)
North Ferriby H (March 17th)
Southport H (March 31st)
Boston H (April 7th)

With it being winter also the League and any potential opposition may not be too forthcoming.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:15 pm

I would take any of those home games.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:24 am

Can't see the point of playing a game just before Christmas, due to our poor form and people going shopping rather than watching footie.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:47 am

Knowing my luck, it will be the away game that I have already booked a hotel for. Probably end in beers for me and my mates, and missing any game that replaces the replacement.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:54 am

quaker4life wrote:Looking at our remaining fixtures it looks like this would result in another blank Saturday later in the season, seems like a bit of a pointless exercise.
I'd take one of those away trips if I am honest. As Pete says it may be hard to generate a home crowd but Bradford Park Avenue (A) or Tamworth (A) wouldn't be a bad one to almost get out of the way.

I have no idea what surrounds those games come the new year but could mean we are more refreshed for surrounding games at the point they are initially scheduled.

Also potentially avoids them being cancelled later in the year for adverse weather meaning they would be back-ended to the season. There is always the chance something gets postponed in the meantime and it can slot into the gap that is created.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:05 am

Bringing forward an away game would mean extra expense for the club ( travel costs, possibly wages/ salaries for staff/ players including appearance monies) with no income.

It would worsen cash flow now, but obvously would have the oposite effect later in season

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:28 pm

May be the friendly against York promised by MG? :o :lol:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:29 pm

spen666 wrote:Bringing forward an away game would mean extra expense for the club ( travel costs, possibly wages/ salaries for staff/ players including appearance monies) with no income.

It would worsen cash flow now, but obvously would have the oposite effect later in season
clever boy

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:38 pm

spen666 wrote:Bringing forward an away game would mean extra expense for the club ( travel costs, possibly wages/ salaries for staff/ players including appearance monies) with no income.

I used to think that people were harsh on you for your contribution on here. However having read your comments on Facebook about the forthcoming public meeting I think that you should do the decent thing and f**k off and keep your opinions to yourself.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:09 pm

Thank you captain obvious.
Think before posting

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:57 pm

loan_star wrote:

I used to think that people were harsh on you for your contribution on here. However having read your comments on Facebook about the forthcoming public meeting I think that you should do the decent thing and f**k off and keep your opinions to yourself.

Truth hurts doesn't it?

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:43 pm

loan_star wrote:

Care to expand on this.Wont be the first time this tosser has slagged us off on other outlets and personally I can’t believe he’s been allowed to rack up over a thousand posts.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:23 pm

Emdubya wrote:
loan_star wrote: Care to expand on this.Wont be the first time this tosser has slagged us off on other outlets and personally I can’t believe he’s been allowed to rack up over a thousand posts.
However I can believe he has racked up over a thousand posts on a messageboard of a team he allegedly doesn't support.

He clearly suffers from some of psychosis.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:12 pm

Emdubya wrote: Care to expand on this.Wont be the first time this tosser has slagged us off on other outlets and personally I can’t believe he’s been allowed to rack up over a thousand posts.
Gladly. The convo was as follows :-

Stevie J Guy "Massive club peter" (ref to DFC)

Peter Bennett "Think autocorrect is affecting your post Stevie, it's changed "debt" to club! Public meeting in Dolphin Centre soon and one of issues is the club's "debt"
"The club has realistic aims for this season but with some clear objectives in developing the ground, re-shaping the playing squad and addressing the current debt position." Bucket collections in town again?"

Peter Bennett "Stephen who you hoping for in the next round? Still by the time of the next round you will have had the public meeting about your debts and will be lucky to be able to travel to RA so probably a good job you lost to Harrogate reserves/ youth team. BTW not wanting to rub it in but Harrogate first team got hammered recently on their last visit to the North East"

Peter Bennett aka spen666 showing his true colours. Proper knobjockey. Should be banned off here, the two faced scroat.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:14 pm

Looking briefly at his tedious twitter account his 470 followers must be enthralled by his rantings. Not sure who he dislikes most, us or Forest Green?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:22 pm

Careful loan_star. The mods told me off for naming Spen666 (even though he has a link to his personal Twitter in his signature).

But the mods seem quite happy to allow his continuous s***-stirring and mediocre trolling attempts.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:31 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Careful loan_star. The mods told me off for naming Spen666 (even though he has a link to his personal Twitter in his signature).

But the mods seem quite happy to allow his continuous s***-stirring and mediocre trolling attempts.
Oh well, if I get told off then so be it. Hes just gone too far this time with his two faced bullshit in my opinion.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:54 pm

Too quick to get Salford back ? :P

Darlo-and-Back

Post by Darlo-and-Back » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:44 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Can't see the point of playing a game just before Christmas, due to our poor form and people going shopping rather than watching footie.

One good reason..... cashflow

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:42 pm

I'm told there is an event on at the Rugby Club on the 16th so it may mean that any potential home game (most likely the re-arranged fixture against Salford) may have to take place on the Friday night.

If not then I would expect another blank weekend on Saturday as I can't see the league moving a fixture that would leave us with another blank Saturday later in the season.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:25 pm

quaker4life wrote:I'm told there is an event on at the Rugby Club on the 16th so it may mean that any potential home game (most likely the re-arranged fixture against Salford) may have to take place on the Friday night.

If not then I would expect another blank weekend on Saturday as I can't see the league moving a fixture that would leave us with another blank Saturday later in the season.
Darlington RFC are due to play at home to Acklam in. a 14:15 kick off on 16 December in a league fixture

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:29 pm

spen666 wrote:
quaker4life wrote:I'm told there is an event on at the Rugby Club on the 16th so it may mean that any potential home game (most likely the re-arranged fixture against Salford) may have to take place on the Friday night.

Darlington RFC are due to play at home to Acklam in. a 14:15 kick off on 16 December in a league fixture
Spen the knobjockey returns. Still slagging Darlo off on Facebook I see. Prick.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:18 am

spen666 wrote: Darlington RFC are due to play at home to Acklam in. a 14:15 kick off on 16 December in a league fixture
Why do you actually keep posting here?

You were outed long ago as a sly, tedious screwball here on a wind up and after over 1,000 posts of white noise you're still going strong posting absolute shite.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:14 am

He keeps posting because the mods refuse to do anything.

It's well known he deliberately sets out to wind up Darlington fans, but our mods allow it to happen.

Yet if you dare name him (even though he provides a link to his personal Twitter in his signature) the mods then spring into action.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:03 am

Darlogramps wrote:He keeps posting because the mods refuse to do anything.

It's well known he deliberately sets out to wind up Darlington fans, but our mods allow it to happen.
If you get wound up by a factual statement that the Rugby club are scheduled to have a home game next saturday, then that is your problem and you probably need to seek help.

Yet if you dare name him (even though he provides a link to his personal Twitter in his signature) the mods then spring into action.

That is nothing to do with me. I was not even aware anyone had named me on here until i saw complaints about the actions of the moderators. I have never raised the issue with the moderators or indeed anyone else.

I have no problem with people knowing my identity. As you say, I put my name on my twitter account.

Indeed, come and speak to me in person if you want when I attend Darlington games. I am happy to say in person what I say on here or elsewhere.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:17 am

spen666 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:He keeps posting because the mods refuse to do anything.

If you get wound up by a factual statement that the Rugby club are scheduled to have a home game next saturday, then that is your problem and you probably need to seek help.

Here we go again. Any perceived criticism and you immediately start with the insults. You've got quite a thing with accusing people of having mental illness, which is very distasteful and demonstrates how thin-skinned you are.

Anyone with half a brain cell can see I was talking generally about your two-faced behaviour.

You pretend to be sympathetic on here, then slag off Darlington with your embittered Spennymoor and Northern League chums elsewhere. But occasionally the mask slips and you start trolling on here.

Quite a pathetic existence really. Trolling and sniggering away, desperate for the acceptance of others.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:52 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Here we go again. Any perceived criticism and you immediately start with the insults. You've got quite a thing with accusing people of having mental illness, which is very distasteful and demonstrates how thin-skinned you are.

Anyone with half a brain cell can see I was talking generally about your two-faced behaviour.

You pretend to be sympathetic on here, then slag off Darlington with your embittered Spennymoor and Northern League chums elsewhere. But occasionally the mask slips and you start trolling on here.

Quite a pathetic existence really. Trolling and sniggering away, desperate for the acceptance of others.
There is a solution to the problem of Spen on this board but it would need widespread support, the fact he has hit an impressive 1,000 post count (besides him spending an ominous ammount of time alone behind a computer screen) is that others on here, myself included, have been receptive of him and responded to him

Should we cut this lifeline and outright ignore him, pure ostracization, I reckon he is the sort of unstable character who would become so desperate he would become abusive and a nuisance in general and would eventually get himself banned.

This method might take time but I am 100% confident it will work in the end and he will prove me right.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:02 am

quaker4life wrote: pure ostracization
Impressive word skills :)
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:20 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

There is a solution to the problem of Spen on this board but it would need widespread support, the fact he has hit an impressive 1,000 post count (besides him spending an ominous ammount of time alone behind a computer screen) is that others on here, myself included, have been receptive of him and responded to him

Should we cut this lifeline and outright ignore him, pure ostracization, I reckon he is the sort of unstable character who would become so desperate he would become abusive and a nuisance in general and would eventually get himself banned.

This method might take time but I am 100% confident it will work in the end and he will prove me right.
is there not some kind of ignore option on this messageboard?