Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:29 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 10795
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
So does anyone want to hazard a guess at what it could be all about?

_________________
https://twitter.com/#!/AndrewParkk


Darlington Football Club: The club that refused to die.
Bought by the fans; for the fans!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:18 am
Posts: 400
Team Supported: Darlington
fans xmas dinner?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9796
Team Supported: Darlington
Christmas bonuses for the players and management.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9796
Team Supported: Darlington
It must be secret, even the DFC Official News hasn't been on about it, but then again it hasn't had anything to say since the 22-11-17!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20572
Team Supported: Darlington
Cash call because we're once again over budget. That's my guess.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:37 am
Posts: 2256
Team Supported: Darlington
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... ___future/

Quote:
DARLINGTON supporters are invited to a presentation on the way forward for the club, when fans will hear ideas about Quakers’ future direction.

Taking place next month at the Dolphin Centre, in attendance will be directors John Tempest and David Johnston, manager Tommy Wright, and members of the Darlington FC Supporters group (DFCSG) board.

Questions to the directors will be invited, and while it has been described by Quakers as “a very important public meeting”, it is understood that no significant changes are imminent.

A statement from the supporters group, who recently elected Chris Stockdale as their new chair, read: “Our board has worked closely with and supported David Johnston and John Tempest over the past few months as they have made significant progress in ensuring Darlington FC is in a secure financial position. Now we can start to look towards the future together and define the best way to continue to move our football club forward, both on and off the pitch.

“Under supporter ownership over the past five years we have recorded some remarkable achievements; three promotions, the reclaiming of our rightful playing name, funding the redevelopment of Blackwell Meadows and the return to playing football in Darlington.

“The DFCSG board firmly believe that continued progress is possible, on and off the pitch, with the right planning and execution under supporter ownership and with strong professional leadership in the board room.”

A club statement read: “If you care about the club, which has been based at Blackwell Meadows in Darlington now for almost a year, then we strongly suggest that you come along, and spread the word among other Darlington fans. This is your chance to have a say on the direction of the club. Even if you haven’t been to a Darlington FC game for a long time, or not at all, you’ll still be welcome.”

Johnston said: “As we move forward with a new DFCSG board now in place, we would like to share our views on the current financial position and the options around the potential funding models.

“The club has realistic aims for this season but with some clear objectives in developing the ground, re-shaping the playing squad and addressing the current debt position. We do, however, have to plan for next season and beyond and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss these with all our fans.”

The meeting takes place in the Main Sports Hall in the Dolphin Centre at 7pm on Monday, December 11.

_________________
Robbie Painter - http://twitter.com/RobbiePainter


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1008
Team Supported: Darlington
Oh, the irony. Someone asks about something that was as easy to find as a match result and receives helpful, informative, friendly responses....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:02 pm
Posts: 1431
Team Supported: Darlington
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Oh, the irony. Someone asks about something that was as easy to find as a match result and receives helpful, informative, friendly responses....


Unless of course the said information was hidden behind a pay wall on the northern echo site.

_________________
Fuck off Peter Bennett

AKA Spen666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 843
Team Supported: Darlington
I'm in 2 minds as to whether it has anything to do with the sporting hub. It may just however be a big coincidence that the meeting is being held just after this story broke. We shall see.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1008
Team Supported: Darlington
No, it was on the other public meeting thread from a while ago so free to view.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:01 pm
Posts: 655
Location: Stockton-On-Tees
Team Supported: Darlington
I think Andy was looking to see if anyone had any further information on what the meeting was actually about. The article from the Echo, which I don't doubt he has seen, doesn't really give too much away.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1008
Team Supported: Darlington
Seems pretty clear from the statement.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3030
Team Supported: Darlington
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Oh, the irony. Someone asks about something that was as easy to find as a match result and receives helpful, informative, friendly responses....



Clever and witty! :clap:

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:13 pm
Posts: 259
Team Supported: Darlington
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Oh, the irony. Someone asks about something that was as easy to find as a match result and receives helpful, informative, friendly responses....



Clever and witty! :clap:


Yes, you know how it is when you thought you'd said something inocent and you get a response you didn't expect?
Well I was that someone (although I've been a someone for nearly 70 years). However if it elicits a few more match thread comments and updates during games it was probably worthwhile.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 10795
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Oh, the irony. Someone asks about something that was as easy to find as a match result and receives helpful, informative, friendly responses....

I know what the statement said, but clearly there is more to it than meets than eye.

Curious to see what others thought it could be about.

_________________
https://twitter.com/#!/AndrewParkk


Darlington Football Club: The club that refused to die.
Bought by the fans; for the fans!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10958
Team Supported: Darlington
If it's so clear, then what is it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 10795
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
Not even worth getting into an argument about it.

Created a topic of discussion, but shock. Same routine with people on here diverting the original subject into something else.

_________________
https://twitter.com/#!/AndrewParkk


Darlington Football Club: The club that refused to die.
Bought by the fans; for the fans!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 843
Team Supported: Darlington
What about you Andy? What do you think it might be about?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 10795
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
Vodka_Vic wrote:
What about you Andy? What do you think it might be about?

Personally think it's gunna be something to do with a proposal about going back to the arena in the future.

Just seems coincidental with the plans being released for that place alongside this 'public' meeting at the Dolphin Centre.

_________________
https://twitter.com/#!/AndrewParkk


Darlington Football Club: The club that refused to die.
Bought by the fans; for the fans!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7543
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
Could it not just be a consultation around the structure / future of the club. Things have had to be sorted out recently but I was expecting at some point DJ to reach out and say "look, are the fans wanting to maintain ownership or will they let it go?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1008
Team Supported: Darlington
Not looking for an argument, just letting you know that was exactly what you did to Feethams when he asked a question. You need to play nicely and you'd get a bit more respect from the grown ups.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 843
Team Supported: Darlington
lo36789 wrote:
Could it not just be a consultation around the structure / future of the club. Things have had to be sorted out recently but I was expecting at some point DJ to reach out and say "look, are the fans wanting to maintain ownership or will they let it go?"


Re:DJ, did anyone else pick up on his surprising comment at the recent Netcafe that he was ready to invest in the club at some stage, just not yet?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3470
Team Supported: Darlington
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Not looking for an argument, just letting you know that was exactly what you did to Feethams when he asked a question. You need to play nicely and you'd get a bit more respect from the grown ups.
With a patronising, childish response like that, you're not really in a position to talk about "getting respect from grown-ups."

I'm no saint, but you're getting wound up about something said to another person on another thread over a week ago. I'd kindly suggest you getting yourself a life.



Feethams 1966 wrote:
Yes, you know how it is when you thought you'd said something inocent and you get a response you didn't expect?


You asked for information, and people told you where to find the information. What are you whinging about?

Time to act your age and start using your initiative.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 2367
Team Supported: Darlington
AndyPark wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
What about you Andy? What do you think it might be about?

Personally think it's gunna be something to do with a proposal about going back to the arena in the future.

Just seems coincidental with the plans being released for that place alongside this 'public' meeting at the Dolphin Centre.
Can't see it being about the arena, unless we are going to give the money back we've just raised.

Basing ourselves in town has a measure of sense, but it does feel like its another thing that stops BM feeling like home.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:10 pm
Posts: 1175
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Not looking for an argument, just letting you know that was exactly what you did to Feethams when he asked a question. You need to play nicely and you'd get a bit more respect from the grown ups.
With a patronising, childish response like that, you're not really in a position to talk about "getting respect from grown-ups."

I'm no saint, but you're getting wound up about something said to another person on another thread over a week ago. I'd kindly suggest you getting yourself a life.



Feethams 1966 wrote:
Yes, you know how it is when you thought you'd said something inocent and you get a response you didn't expect?


You asked for information, and people told you where to find the information. What are you whinging about?

Time to act your age and start using your initiative.



What a rude and intolerant person you are.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3470
Team Supported: Darlington
darlo2001uk wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Not looking for an argument, just letting you know that was exactly what you did to Feethams when he asked a question. You need to play nicely and you'd get a bit more respect from the grown ups.
With a patronising, childish response like that, you're not really in a position to talk about "getting respect from grown-ups."

I'm no saint, but you're getting wound up about something said to another person on another thread over a week ago. I'd kindly suggest you getting yourself a life.



Feethams 1966 wrote:
Yes, you know how it is when you thought you'd said something inocent and you get a response you didn't expect?


You asked for information, and people told you where to find the information. What are you whinging about?

Time to act your age and start using your initiative.



What a rude and intolerant person you are.
Rude? Yes I am. Not everyone deserves politeness. Intolerant? Only of attention-seeking, idiotic morons.

Now do you really want to hijack this thread for a row over my character and a week-old thread?

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1008
Team Supported: Darlington
He's previously said he likes baiting people so I'm not rising to it again. I'm going out to see if I can "get a life".


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 723
Team Supported: Darlington
Surely everyone who posts on a message board is attention seeking?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3030
Team Supported: Darlington
Vodka_Vic wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
Could it not just be a consultation around the structure / future of the club. Things have had to be sorted out recently but I was expecting at some point DJ to reach out and say "look, are the fans wanting to maintain ownership or will they let it go?"


Re:DJ, did anyone else pick up on his surprising comment at the recent Netcafe that he was ready to invest in the club at some stage, just not yet?



Yes I did. It was an interesting comment that seemed to slip under the radar.

I took it to mean that he does access to funds, if and when a situation arose that suited him. For some reason I feel he is a safe pair of hands ...... we shall see.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3470
Team Supported: Darlington
don'tbuythesun wrote:
He's previously said he likes baiting people so I'm not rising to it again.


OK then.

don'tbuythesun wrote:
I'm going out to see if I can "get a life".


Oh, how's "not rising to it" working out for you? Just this last comment is you "rising" to one of my posts. You can't help yourself.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group