The Rest of this season

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

robsraiders
Team Supported: Darlington

The Rest of this season

Post by robsraiders » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:07 pm

We are no doubt in a relegation battle but I believe we have to get behind Tommy and Alan, its just too easy to say get rid - who would come in ?
Us as fans need to get behind them and give them our full support lets lift the roof off the tin shed on Boxing Day

I have a saying which encapsulates where we are :-

When the alligators are biting your arse its difficult to remember the object of the exercise was to drain the swamp - 5 years ago we had nothing lets be proud of how well we done in such a short time.

Happy Xmas to all on Uncovered

HarrytheQuaker

Re: The Rest of this season

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:58 pm

I believe we will be in the bottom 3 by the 7th of January but let's hope we will put a run together and just stay up..

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:44 pm

robsraiders wrote:We are no doubt in a relegation battle but I believe we have to get behind Tommy and Alan, its just too easy to say get rid - who would come in ?
Us as fans need to get behind them and give them our full support lets lift the roof off the tin shed on Boxing Day

I have a saying which encapsulates where we are :-

When the alligators are biting your arse its difficult to remember the object of the exercise was to drain the swamp - 5 years ago we had nothing lets be proud of how well we done in such a short time.

Happy Xmas to all on Uncovered
Totally agree, I really like Tommy and Alan and I feel they will pull us clear and we will still be in this league next season.MG failed miserably in the close season in the transfer market and went mad dishing out long term contracts to too many players which Tommy has inherited.The 3 signings he has made are good signings no question so the other lads have to start producing for him like now.Now the dust has settled , time to move on and get behind the team starting Tuesday.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:07 am

The next 4 games will not define our season it`s the ones after them that we need to start picking up points but anything from them would be a bonus in my opinion

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:51 am

darlo reborn wrote:The next 4 games will not define our season it`s the ones after them that we need to start picking up points but anything from them would be a bonus in my opinion
How long do we say that for though? The longer we leave it to start picking up points, the more pressure it puts on the remaining games.

Once you're in that relegation fight come March it's really every game counts. We need to give ourselves some sort of breathing space as soon as possible.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:27 pm

Agree TW needs time and our support. He inherited a squad bereft of confidence but full of over paid, under performing players. However he's been here nearly 3 months now and performances have, if anything, got worse rather than better. On Saturday too many players looked as if they had no idea what they were supposed to be doing and some seemed to have little or no desire to do anything. I don't know if this is because TW simply isn't up to the task or because some players don't buy into his way of playing but if, as is highly likely, we are in the bottom 3 come 5 pm on Jan 1st ( or sooner ) patience will rapidly evaporate and the board will have a decision to make. Personally I hope TW turns it round, I'm just not convinced he will right now.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:36 pm

Let's all get behind Tommy and the lads starting tomorrow, we have to stay positive and we need the players to up their game and play like we know they can.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:26 pm

Now is not the time to dessert the ship, now's the time to get behind the management duo and give them our total support.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:39 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Now is not the time to dessert the ship, now's the time to get behind the management duo and give them our total support.
You’ll still be saying that when we’re 4points adrift at the bottom with 1 game left.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:05 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Now is not the time to dessert the ship, now's the time to get behind the management duo and give them our total support.
Nobody is deserting the ship or not supporting the manager, but it's fair enough to question whether they are good enough on an internet forum.

I'm sure we all want Wright to succeed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:40 pm

Emdubya wrote:
You’ll still be saying that when we’re 4points adrift at the bottom with 1 game left.
And so you have all the answers to stop this do you ? Sack him now ? Love to see your plan to get us out of this

50 years

Post by 50 years » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:19 am

Rob you are right, I for one will now be behind the team till the end of the season and think that TW and AW will get it sorted. With the young lads coming through and a bit of stability the clubs future looks bright.
Look forward to hear you actually singing and making a noise for the lads at future matches ;)

Up the Quakers

Darl-Zero

Post by Darl-Zero » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:22 am

Well TW has had one impressive win - against us!
His new striker seems OK.
Ironically the next 4 tough games might be the best thing.
Nothing to lose, go for it Tommy.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:18 am

robsraiders wrote:
Emdubya wrote:
And so you have all the answers to stop this do you ? Sack him now ? Love to see your plan to get us out of this
I wouldn't have appointed someone with such a poor track record in the first place.

But yes, I wouldn't be against Wright being sacked now. I don't believe he's up to it, so it would be madness and hypocrisy on my part if I suggested keeping him in place.

As for a replacement- Brown and Turnbull achieved far more in their time in charge than Wright has done since.

Of course, practically, we can't afford to sack Wright, so we're stuck with him. But that doesn't mean I have to give my unquestioning, uncritical support to someone I neither wanted nor have confidence in.

This is not "baying for blood" - no one is against short-termism as much as me. But I genuinely believe we made the wrong appointment, and should rectify the mistake as soon as possible. What's the alternative- stick with a failing manager out of pride and embarrassment?

As I've said elsewhere, I hope TW proves me wrong. But I suspect he won't.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY