Darlington FC V Harrogate

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

QUAKERMAN2
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington FC V Harrogate

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:40 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I was a tad disappointed when Beck got booed when he came on late in the game, he deserved a better reception than that.
Always get a few idiots Pete, every club has them, but we got a good fee for him and Styche is a better striker IMO so a good deal for us.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:46 pm

Mind, looking at styche's goal celebration for the second i cant see him winning a place in an olympic tumbling team :D

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:50 pm

I wasn't questioning Brown, who did fine today. Just saying the 'put him at right back because he played there before' argument is a weak one because he was shite there two or three divisions below where we are now over a sustained period.

Collins did a good job at right back.

Keeper did well but looked weak on crosses as often seems the way with younger keepers.

Terrific result but we need to see that level or performance and result over the next few weeks now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:12 pm

Yeah we need to use it as a platform. Hopefully Styche is fit, been ages since we’ve had a striker who can score from his own moves. Too good for this league

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:18 pm

divas wrote:Yeah we need to use it as a platform. Hopefully Styche is fit, been ages since we’ve had a striker who can score from his own moves. Too good for this league
Joint top scorer with Gillies on 5 already, after 3 games.

When I seen the team sheet today I was happy, we looked a stronger unit on paper than we did on Saturday when I had no idea what formation we were playing and who was playing where. Turned out it wasn't just on paper it was on the pitch we were stronger also.

Today was the blueprint for Wright moving forward, it won't always go our way but we will at least be in with a shout in most games.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:26 pm

divas wrote:Yeah we need to use it as a platform. Hopefully Styche is fit, been ages since we’ve had a striker who can score from his own moves. Too good for this league
A bit worrying that among Wright's other post-match clichés, he talked about how he knew Styche had been carrying that injury before we signed him!

But yes if he can stay fit he looks good (in more ways than one according to some) - we could do with another option though as the ball doesn't stick to Saunders at all.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:49 pm

He’s a top knot wanker but a goal scoring banker. I’ll gladly buy a mini frappe latte americano cappuccino from him in costa coffee if he keeps that up!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:52 pm

Plus it’s about time we had a twisty niggly nasty fucker up front that refs listen to and is not scared to shoot.

DARLO333

Post by DARLO333 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:03 pm

mikkyx wrote:
DARLO333 wrote:What are the temporary seats that DFR are referring to ?
Instead of commentating from the balcony as we normally do we were sat at the back of the seated stand as hospitality was full to bursting today. So our vantage point was "temporary" - but if it brings results like this we might have to stay there full time! :D

Good stuff - thanks for the commentary today, it made for great listening. Also great to hear that hospitality was full. :thumbup:

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:14 pm

Talking about twisty niggly nasty fuckers, what the hell has got into Falkenham? He was a knob in the trophy game and again today. He was never like that for us. I was talking to a Harrogate fan and he said he’s been like that all season,. He also said he’s prone to diving now and again, so we need to be careful next week.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:20 pm

Darlo_Rob wrote:Talking about twisty niggly nasty fuckers, what the hell has got into Falkenham? He was a knob in the trophy game and again today. He was never like that for us. I was talking to a Harrogate fan and he said he’s been like that all season,. He also said he’s prone to diving now and again, so we need to be careful next week.
Perhaps your rose tinted glasses?

DC

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:21 pm

He’s a dwarf with a height complex.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:37 pm

Spyman wrote:
A bit worrying that among Wright's other post-match clichés, he talked about how he knew Styche had been carrying that injury before we signed him!

But yes if he can stay fit he looks good (in more ways than one according to some) - we could do with another option though as the ball doesn't stick to Saunders at all.

Yeah, Saunders is about two levels above his current performance. He’s only young so may kick on, but not for us now. We need a backup badly

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:46 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Feethams 1966 wrote:Having not been able to get to a match for several weeks I sort of went along to see how bad we'd got and expecting a pasting. Instead of which I thought we were rather good and I rated our keeper as excellent. A team huddle before kick off looked promising and then we got plenty of effort and determination - not relegation stuff at all IMO. Funny sometimes how we all see it different ways. They couldn't cope with Styche at all.
The final score was 3-1 by the way. You missed it last time we played Harrogate so just making sure.
DG.....hey.....play nice now :)

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:28 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:I was a tad disappointed when Beck got booed when he came on late in the game, he deserved a better reception than that.
Yep, should have saved it for Falkingham who deserved at least a yellow card for simulation. Shame on him & several other Harrogate players. Thankfully ref actually had the bottle to send 2 of them off.

On the positive side, Heston / Talbot / Wheatley / Styche + Thommo all had good games not to forget the Tin Shed drummer!

Poor turnout from Harrogate fans who hardly raised one voice. If we were 2nd in league and playing only 50 miles up the road, then I would have expected at least 500 Darlo fans to make the trip.

Well done, lads, now onwards & upwards in 2018 :thumbup:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:39 am

jjljks wrote:Poor turnout from Harrogate fans who hardly raised one voice. If we were 2nd in league and playing only 50 miles up the road, then I would have expected at least 500 Darlo fans to make the trip.
Are these two distinct points?

Is it really relevant when you look at the fan base and history of both clubs to compare their travelling support?

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:43 am

Agreed with comments about Falkingham, the little squirt was an absolute cheat, just breath on him and he goes down.Where were their fans, probably about 100, if we were in that position 1000 would of gone to Harrogate, in fact we will have 500 at the game on New Years Day.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Quakerrunner

Post by Quakerrunner » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:42 am

Yesterday's performance was a huge improvement on Saturday's display at Gainsborough. Tommy changed the formation and made a few changes and it worked a treat. Heaton and Thonmo on Saturday and yesterday were very good. Collins looked solid at left back. Personally I think he is a better left back than CB as he doesn't always win every header.

As already mentioned earlier in this feed I think we are desperate for another attacking option. Harvey is great to bring on with 20 mins to play but if Styche was to get injured we would have nobody to play upfront.

If we have the funds to bring in another striker I believe that Lee Shaw at Grantham would be a good addition. He is one of the leading scorers in the league below and reminds me of Carts.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:04 am

Quakerrunner wrote:Yesterday's performance was a huge improvement on Saturday's display at Gainsborough. Tommy changed the formation and made a few changes and it worked a treat. Heaton and Thonmo on Saturday and yesterday were very good. Collins looked solid at left back. Personally I think he is a better left back than CB as he doesn't always win every header.

As already mentioned earlier in this feed I think we are desperate for another attacking option. Harvey is great to bring on with 20 mins to play but if Styche was to get injured we would have nobody to play upfront.

If we have the funds to bring in another striker I believe that Lee Shaw at Grantham would be a good addition. He is one of the leading scorers in the league below and reminds me of Carts.
Collins was at right back. Scott was on the left.

DC

Quakerrunner

Post by Quakerrunner » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:21 am

Yeah sorry should have said right back. Defence was solid. More of the same away at their place.

DarloPeGi

Post by DarloPeGi » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:33 am

I'm in agreement with Darlo Pete (only the 2nd time ever !)

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:54 am

I personally thought Beck's 'booing' was more of a pantomime, tongue in cheek booing. He got plenty of applause where we were near the tunnel.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:16 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:I personally thought Beck's 'booing' was more of a pantomime, tongue in cheek booing. He got plenty of applause where we were near the tunnel.
I think it was pantomime too.

I don't blame him for moving on as he wanted full time football, although was his heart in it at the start of the season?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:55 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:I personally thought Beck's 'booing' was more of a pantomime, tongue in cheek booing. He got plenty of applause where we were near the tunnel.
Definitely this, was all in good fun.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:55 pm

Thinking about it, this game was probably the best I've seen in a year of us playing at Blackwell.

We pulled off a shock win under difficult circumstances - and the game had action, excitement and incident.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:26 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
I think it was pantomime too.

I don't blame him for moving on as he wanted full time football, although was his heart in it at the start of the season?
He was injured in pre-season & shouldn't have been playing through August & September. It is no wonder he struggled to make an impact.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:50 pm

Let's not forget He has another chance to show Us what we already know he can score goals on Monday and I've no doubt if he plays he will score and celebrate with a finger to his lips which he is in titled to do... Wasn't worthy of the booing and Beck is a Wanker chants...

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:07 pm

For Harrogate they're support was decent, they did have fans down the clubhouse side and up in hospitality. For them it was a decent following, considering the crowds they got last season. Harrogate is not a football town.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:16 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:For Harrogate they're support was decent, they did have fans down the clubhouse side and up in hospitality. For them it was a decent following, considering the crowds they got last season. Harrogate is not a football town.
I lived in Harrogate for 5 years in the late 70s and you're right it was never truly a football town. Rugby was always number one although bizarrely the rugby club have now moved well out of town. in fairness, the town does now attract a younger commuter population whereas it had a very ageing population when I lived there . It also has a very decent set of youth teams. The attendances now are quite impressive given the rugby profile of the town and the fact that the footballing east end tend to follow York or railway or even Leeds. I think Weaver Senior is a shrewd CEO. Before last year, I hadn't been to Wetherby road for a number of years and was gobsmacked by the ground. Incredible. The astro turf pitch another shrewd innovation. Its a brave project and it will be interesting to see how far it can go. I hope it works for them as my father was a keen supporter.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:56 pm

Will the 2 defenders sent off on Boxing Day be banned on New Years Day?