Styche

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

PierremontQuaker03
Team Supported: Darlington

Styche

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:44 pm

Should be OK for the next match - game on.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

QUAKERMAN2

Re: Styche

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:16 pm

Not sure if Tommy has closed the door on any further signings but just feel we are one striker short as we only have Reece and Harvey as recognised strikers.Ashley Chambers from Nuneaton would be a good shout and not sure if we enquired about him.Perhaps a loan signing from the Boro ?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:50 pm

Any news on Harvey?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:51 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Should be OK for the next match - game on.
Not surprised, he didn't look too injured when he came off on Boxing Day, think it was more to rest him than anything else.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:06 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Not sure if Tommy has closed the door on any further signings but just feel we are one striker short as we only have Reece and Harvey as recognised strikers.Ashley Chambers from Nuneaton would be a good shout and not sure if we enquired about him.Perhaps a loan signing from the Boro ?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
We need someone as a backup for Styche, Chambers is far too good for that. Graeme Armstrong would’ve done the job.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:11 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Should be OK for the next match - game on.
Not surprised, he didn't look too injured when he came off on Boxing Day, think it was more to rest him than anything else.
Wright said it was an injury he's been carrying since before he joined us.

Another option would definitely be useful as it sounds like this will flare up regularly until he gets a proper rest/treatment.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:23 pm

comeondarlo wrote:Any news on Harvey?
Saunders tweeted everything was fine, hopefully he is fit and available on Monday.

Agree with others though we do need another striker in, if this means we lose one or two from defence/midfield.

We have a squad of 23 I think currently, which includes 1 loan in (Talbot), 3 loans out (Burgess, Vaulks & Wilczynski), 1 long term injured in Hunter.

Leaves us with 19 (doesn't count Milburn, Bancroft & Steels) currently and really only 2 strikers in Styche & Saunders.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:54 pm

And Saunders is fine in certain situations where you're looking to hit a team on the break, but based on the other day he's not going to hold the ball up and bring others in to play like Styche did.

If we're trying to ride out a game like we were for a while he's not particularly effective.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:52 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Saunders tweeted everything was fine, hopefully he is fit and available on Monday.

Agree with others though we do need another striker in, if this means we lose one or two from defence/midfield.

We have a squad of 23 I think currently, which includes 1 loan in (Talbot), 3 loans out (Burgess, Vaulks & Wilczynski), 1 long term injured in Hunter.

Leaves us with 19 (doesn't count Milburn, Bancroft & Steels) currently and really only 2 strikers in Styche & Saunders.
Let’s not forget that Caton is supposed to be a striker so that makes 3 strikers on our books.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I know...

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:20 am

Quakerz wrote:

Let’s not forget that Caton is supposed to be a striker so that makes 3 strikers on our books.

Caton is a really good striker...he's been on strike for the best part of 4 months from scoring goals! :clap: :thumbup:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:04 am

Agree with some backup being needed for Reece. Harvey is a different type of player with so much pace he can come on as an impact sub like he did and earned the pen which sealed the win over Harrogate. Perhaps York could do a swap for Caton? LOL

bga

Post by bga » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:09 pm

Quakerz wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

bga

Post by bga » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:15 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

Caton is a really good striker...he's been on strike for the best part of 4 months from scoring goals! :clap: :thumbup:
Agree :thumbup: