Darlington FC V Harrogate

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington FC V Harrogate

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:04 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:Will the 2 defenders sent off on Boxing Day be banned on New Years Day?
Nope. The forward Ainge is though so you would assume Beck will play from the start.

Collins is out for us, so we need a change at RB.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:18 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:Will the 2 defenders sent off on Boxing Day be banned on New Years Day?
Nope. The forward Ainge is though so you would assume Beck will play from the start.

I would expect Marrs to play RB, assuming there are no other injuries (and no returns) I would stick to the same team and set up for Monday

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:45 am

Darlopartisan wrote:

I would expect Marrs to play RB, assuming there are no other injuries (and no returns) I would stick to the same team and set up for Monday
Was hoping it was an automatic ban as would seriously weaken them.

Marrs at RB and same again as you say.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:10 am

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:

Was hoping it was an automatic ban as would seriously weaken them.

Marrs at RB and same again as you say.
Bans don't come into effect for a number of days, unfortunately for us, hence Collins could play against Harrogate, after being sent off in the previous game.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:58 am

Is there any word on what Trotman's injury is?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:21 pm

Interesting comments from Simon Weaver on the key moments of the game. He reckons the first sending off was partly because of loads of Darlo players surrounding the referee and 1,800 fans "baying for blood." On the second sending off, he reckons their player was fouled by Saunders so the penalty should never have been given. But they "dominated possession" and are fired up to "put the result right."
I didn't see any complaints from the first player when he was sent off and none of the Harrogate players, including the one who was dismissed, appealed for a foul by Saunders.
In the return game I think we'll just have to be a bit careful because I can see them making a meal of any challenge that's a bit strong in trying to "put things right". Leesley for one did the most ridiculously elaborate dive to try to win a penalty when he wasn't even touched.

divas

Post by divas » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:32 pm

Sounds like a strong ref is needed. That’s us buggered then.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:36 pm

Need to watch Falkingham with his diving, just brush him and he goes down like a ton of bricks, noted for it apparently.Sounds like Weaver is making excuses, no doubt they will be fired up so we will have to be exactly the same but with a big travelling support hopefully we can get a result, if we do then roll on York.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:58 pm

Bet not many have booked tickets on line, price of a pint for 2 of us in booking fees so I will be paying on the gate

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:20 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:Bet not many have booked tickets on line, price of a pint for 2 of us in booking fees so I will be paying on the gate
Where do you drink if £2.60 is price of a pint for two.lol