The Chimps

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Re: The Chimps

Post by murtonquaker » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:16 pm

While I think I think I would have a laugh at Poolie if they went pop, I cant quite go as far as to wish on them what we went through, it would serve them right, the way some of them gloated at our fall, would love it if we could go up and pass them on there way through the Conference trap door.

Ultimately, I want to renew hostilities with them on the field, and the further they might fall if they did go pop, the further we would be from playing them again.

I have a couple of Poolie mates who ultimately want the same.

For me, where I come from it is all Newcastle and Sunderland being the big derby, but Us v Chimps is the best rivalry and lower league will always beat the shite served by the so called North East Big Clubs

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by AndyPark » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:47 pm

I wouldn’t want them to go bust; but make them start in the Northern League like we did if they ever got to that stage.

Dany Krap

Post by Dany Krap » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:15 pm

How long would it take, if ever, for Darlo and Poolies to not think of each other as rivals?
We haven't played each other for coming up eleven years and its over sixteen years since the last Darlo win.
I wonder what the proportion is of fans that have seen a game against Spenny but not witnessed a "proper derby" ?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:15 pm

AndyPark wrote:I wouldn’t want them to go bust; but make them start in the Northern League like we did if they ever got to that stage.
Sauce for goose is sauce for chimps ;)

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:28 am

Dany Krap wrote:How long would it take, if ever, for Darlo and Poolies to not think of each other as rivals?
We haven't played each other for coming up eleven years and its over sixteen years since the last Darlo win.
I wonder what the proportion is of fans that have seen a game against Spenny but not witnessed a "proper derby" ?
I don't think the rivalry will ever go away, yes it has gone quiet between the two sets of fans, but once we are in the same league again or draw them in the cup, the rivalry will surface again real quick.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:04 pm

Chuck the chimps & try York City instead!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:17 pm

When did West Ham and Millwall last play each other or Southampton and Portsmouth?

Chester and Wrexham must have gone a time without playing each other as well which based on security briefs I have heard did not really suppress it!

Found a head to head website. Apparently West Ham and Millwall went 31 years between playing each other between 1947 and 1978 without playing each other...which is a fair old gap to maintain a rivalry over!

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:58 pm

West Ham v Millwall league cup 2009 and chaos ensued!! Saints v Pompey 2012 but there's no way people forget and I'm pretty sure the media helps to build things up.

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:32 pm

AndyPark wrote:I wouldn’t want them to go bust; but make them start in the Northern League like we did if they ever got to that stage.
The' Jumpers for Goalposts' Northern League ????

Emesel
Team Supported: Darlington & Southampton

Post by Emesel » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:55 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:West Ham v Millwall league cup 2009 and chaos ensued!! Saints v Pompey 2012 but there's no way people forget and I'm pretty sure the media helps to build things up.
Saints v Skates is deeper than football, the rivalry between the cities goes back centuries. I don't think there's a bigger rivalry between 2 cities in the UK, the football just adds a bit of spice to it all. I grew up in Portsmouth being a Saints fan, not pretty, the abuse from just walking down the street was immense. Fun though... :lol:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:24 am

I know years ago someone posted on the old rivals MB, that Darlo v poolie was in the top 10 of derby football rivalries in Britain. Not sure how true that was and also how you can prove it as well.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:34 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:I know years ago someone posted on the old rivals MB, that Darlo v poolie was in the top 10 of derby football rivalries in Britain. Not sure how true that was and also how you can prove it as well.

Nearly every fan would like to think their local derby is the fiercest / top rivalry.

These days, certainly in the professional game, rivary is only between the fans. Its rare for players to be playing for their local clubs, and so do not understand the passion the fans have.

Some Darlington fans won't have ever seen a Darlington v Hartlepool game, so may not regard them as their rivals.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:49 am

spen666 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I know years ago someone posted on the old rivals MB, that Darlo v poolie was in the top 10 of derby football rivalries in Britain. Not sure how true that was and also how you can prove it as well.

These days, certainly in the professional game, rivary is only between the fans. Its rare for players to be playing for their local clubs, and so do not understand the passion the fans have.

Some Darlington fans won't have ever seen a Darlington v Hartlepool game, so may not regard them as their rivals.
When you were just a little boy did you ask your mother what you should be ?
Should you be Spenny, should you be Bishop , here's what she said to you.
Fuck off and support proper team.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:14 am

banktopp wrote:
spen666 wrote:

When you were just a little boy did you ask your mother what you should be ?
Should you be Spenny, should you be Bishop , here's what she said to you.
Fuck off and support proper team.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:05 pm

Strangely speaking to some older officials who did Darlington v Hartlepool games they have said they were quite memorable for off the pitch antics.

I suspect the also remember their Villa v Birmingham, Ipswich v Norwich & Steel City games mind...

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:13 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Dany Krap wrote:How long would it take, if ever, for Darlo and Poolies to not think of each other as rivals?
I don't think the rivalry will ever go away, yes it has gone quiet between the two sets of fans, but once we are in the same league again or draw them in the cup, the rivalry will surface again real quick.
Nearly correct, the rivalry will go away. When global warming sees Hangersville underwater. :roll:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:16 pm

According to Look North tonight, 6 separate bidders have passed the first stage and showed an interest in investing in them.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:12 am

joejaques wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Nearly correct, the rivalry will go away. When global warming sees Hangersville underwater. :roll:
At least the locals will get to use their webbed toes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:14 am

spen666 wrote:

Nearly every fan would like to think their local derby is the fiercest / top rivalry.

It was a study by the football pools, if I recall correctly. They took into account various factors one of which was asking the fans of the clubs who their rivals were, I believe Darlo and H’pool fans voted for each other more than any other rivalry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!