Monkey hangers

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Monkey hangers

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:21 pm

I've just been reliably informed they're going into admin tomorrow....

Darlospike
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Monkey hangers

Post by Darlospike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:42 pm

Shame that.....although nothing on their board....

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:46 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:I've just been reliably informed they're going into admin tomorrow....
Think its more likely to be the manager given the boot
FORZA DARLO

Darlospike

Post by Darlospike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:55 pm

Don't think they can afford to give him the boot, not sure if they can even pay the players.... All very reminiscent of our misfortune.... Worrying times for the baboon botherers all the same...

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:01 pm

The 10 point deduction could be a killer for them like it was for us.

I can't see them going into Admin just yet as Sage are trying to offload the club (unless no one wants to pay them any money and it's there way of getting something back), although if no movement they may end up there anyhow.

Darlospike

Post by Darlospike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:19 pm

No bills getting paid this month, players travelled with fans on Saturday by train, as apparently transport company hasn't been paid either.... Not a very tasty proposition for anyone looking to take over really... Plus sage themselves are owed money, which is why they got involved in the first place... Can't see anyone coming out of this well.

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 pm

Feels too soon to be going into admin after only being put up for sale 3 weeks(?) ago. Six groups interested in investing had signed NDAs last week and one of them had requested a period of exclusivity so I suspect there may be an announcement of potential investment on its way.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

Darlospike

Post by Darlospike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:55 pm

Training cancelled tomorrow as everyone called in for a meeting......

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:58 pm

Darlospike wrote:Training cancelled tomorrow as everyone called in for a meeting......
Ah...

That puts a different perspective on it.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:00 pm

At least they have people interested in them, I'm sure they will be ok... Hate to see clubs go through this it ain't funny...

Darlospike

Post by Darlospike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:03 pm

No smoke without fire Tony.....

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:51 am

While a bit of schadenfreude is fine lets not forget that most hangers were decent to us when we were in the clarts. I wouldn't wish what we have gone through on anyone.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:59 am

The team that effectively put them down in the last game of the season, pulled off a great result yesterday. Newport County.

Football can be cruel, as one last minute goal is all it can take to start a massive problem.

Look at the Jimmy Glass incident- 6 years later and Scarborough were no more!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:01 pm

I wouldn't wish what we went through on anyone, but on a purely selfish note, another big spending, part time NE team is the last thing we need....

Hopefully they get sorted out (but not too sorted out - I don't want them to find someone who will bankroll them to the championship :lol: )

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:17 pm

At a time when they need, above all else, to be united the Hangers fans seem to spend an inordinate amount of time bitterly fighting among each other.

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:20 pm

LoidLucan wrote:At a time when they need, above all else, to be united the Hangers fans seem to spend an inordinate amount of time bitterly fighting among each other.
That happened to Scarborough as well, so much so that the fans reformed two clubs...

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Don't want them to go into administration, but the signs don't look good. A 10 point deduction would put them near the bottom and staring relegation in the face. I've always said that one day we would end up in the same league again. How sickening would it be if they got relegated and we got relegated to the Evostick?

Henley

Post by Henley » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:45 pm

Blimey, another Christmas so soon after the last one :clap: :lol:

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:53 pm

Apparently they borrowed Dagenham's training gear on the weekend and had to wear their away kit because the home one and the training gear is being held by the laundrette until they pay them their unpaid bill.

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:54 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Don't want them to go into administration, but the signs don't look good. A 10 point deduction would put them near the bottom and staring relegation in the face. I've always said that one day we would end up in the same league again. How sickening would it be if they got relegated and we got relegated to the Evostick?
well at the moment if I had to put money on one of us getting relegated this season I'd put it on us.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:32 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Don't want them to go into administration, but the signs don't look good. A 10 point deduction would put them near the bottom and staring relegation in the face. I've always said that one day we would end up in the same league again. How sickening would it be if they got relegated and we got relegated to the Evostick?
well at the moment if I had to put money on one of us getting relegated this season I'd put it on us.
No we'll be ok, after Wednesday we have better looking fixtures against supposedly weaker sides.

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:36 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
No we'll be ok, after Wednesday we have better looking fixtures against supposedly weaker sides.
We've already been comprehensively beaten by Gainsborough tho. The Leamington and Alfreton games are enormous.

Dany Krap

Post by Dany Krap » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:44 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:Apparently they borrowed Dagenham's training gear on the weekend and had to wear their away kit because the home one and the training gear is being held by the laundrette until they pay them their unpaid bill.
That must have come hard to them..........having to wear their away kit for an away game

tezza

Post by tezza » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:50 pm

HUFC: Take a look through the range of past-season match kit we have up for sale right now on eBay.

We’ve been for another look through the kit archives here at The Vic and have found a great selection of shirts and shorts to offer for sale.

We have a selection of the 2016/17 match-worn away kit available, as well as a selection of older player-worn shirts.

As well as this, we have player-worn match shorts and a range of other match shirts available at bargain prices.

Almost down to the soiled panties for sale

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:58 pm

tezza wrote:HUFC: Take a look through the range of past-season match kit we have up for sale right now on eBay.

We’ve been for another look through the kit archives here at The Vic and have found a great selection of shirts and shorts to offer for sale.

We have a selection of the 2016/17 match-worn away kit available, as well as a selection of older player-worn shirts.

As well as this, we have player-worn match shorts and a range of other match shirts available at bargain prices.

Almost down to the soiled panties for sale
think their kit supplier went bust too.

bga

Post by bga » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:25 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:I've just been reliably informed they're going into admin tomorrow....
I suggest you sack your Snout.........though the night is yet young!

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:47 pm

bga wrote:
I could... I manage him at work :lol:

bga

Post by bga » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:01 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
bga wrote:
I could... I manage him at work :lol:
I suggest you mark him down at his next appraisal then!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:04 pm

what was the big news then??

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:11 pm

Seems like he jumped the gun. Sounds like probable admin if no buyer by 25th.