Clock's ticking for Spendy

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Manc
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by Darlo_Manc » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:23 pm

bga wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Good on him.
Headline on page 40 of Today's Echo "Ambitious Club's ground upgrade gets under way" First sentance then says "a Football Club with Northern League aspirations....." Did the Reporter not read this before it was printed!
I dont think that was a mistake. The Northern League is the pinnacle of football :lol:

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:21 pm

They dont seem to have yet put in a formal application to install the new seats nor for extra terracing which would surely be required for a big increase in capacity although there is an application to alter a boundary wall for new turnstiles which hasnt yet been approved. In the past some of the plans have hit opposition from neighbours. Sometimes they have carried out work and applied for permission afterwards.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:30 pm

LoidLucan wrote:They dont seem to have yet put in a formal application to install the new seats nor for extra terracing which would surely be required for a big increase in capacity although there is an application to alter a boundary wall for new turnstiles which hasnt yet been approved. In the past some of the plans have hit opposition from neighbours. Sometimes they have carried out work and applied for permission afterwards.

Plans were put in a while ago and have been approved. There was a debate about them on here. The plans are on the Council Planning Portal

If you read back, you might recall you were arguing in this thread based on an old planning application rather than the current one.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:36 pm

Just provide a link that shows a formal planning application for hundreds of new seats. You wont be able to.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:42 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Spen, are you you incapable of clicking on the link above and reading through the various documents? If you go into Durham County Council's planning search facility and type in Brewery Field you will find all the plans that have been approved for the ground....

https://publicaccess.durham.gov.uk/onli ... =firstPage

This is like pulling teeth.... The marquee was originally for the dug-out side and then amended for the other side. But the major plans that affect the seating and ground capacity involve the stuff in the thread above. There is no plan for a stand on the dug-out side. You don't seem able to grasp any of the basics of something that is very simple.

Or if you want the updated planning decision, its at DM/17/02441/FPA

https://publicaccess.durham.gov.uk/onli ... CJDGDGLM00

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:01 pm

That was an application for:

"Re-siting of marquee, new refreshment kiosks, toilet block, club shop, first aid unit and 2 no. additional turnstiles (retrospective)".

It was approved and included with it was a drawing which showed possible extra seats in the covered stand behind the goal. The report said: "Submitted plans also detail areas for proposed works not covered under the current application such as designated seating areas within the northern spectator stand."

Therefore the plan you refer to, which was approved, was for "Re-siting of marquee, new refreshment kiosks, toilet block, club shop, first aid unit and 2 no. additional turnstiles (retrospective)". and not for the extra seats as I've quoted from the report. The extra seats were not part of that formal application as I've said. Seems fairly straightforward to me.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:07 pm

It could well be the case that they don't need planning permission if all they are doing is bolting seats onto the existing terrace though? It'd need inspecting afterwards to make sure it's up to code, but as it doesn't involve altering the building itself, perhaps they don't need it?

I'm more mystified by how they're going to achieve the higher capacity with this work they're having done though, and i don't see how moving a wall back without other work (which isn't detailed) will achieve this?

Honestly, while i would laugh a bit about it, i don't wish any ill upon them. It just seems very short notice, and i'm not sure all angles have been considered. We unfortunately know all too well about last minute panics about this stuff.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:03 pm

H1987 wrote:It could well be the case that they don't need planning permission if all they are doing is bolting seats onto the existing terrace though? It'd need inspecting afterwards to make sure it's up to code, but as it doesn't involve altering the building itself, perhaps they don't need it?

I'm more mystified by how they're going to achieve the higher capacity with this work they're having done though, and i don't see how moving a wall back without other work (which isn't detailed) will achieve this?

Honestly, while i would laugh a bit about it, i don't wish any ill upon them. It just seems very short notice, and i'm not sure all angles have been considered. We unfortunately know all too well about last minute panics about this stuff.

Moving the wall back, increase space in the ground and allows the creation of an extended terrace several steps deep , instead of a simple narrow concrete path

Several steps of terracing have a much larger capacity than a narrow path

ie if there are 10 steps of terracing, then the capacity of that section can be increased by up to 10 times the capacity of the path only

TheDenverMan
Team Supported: N/A

Post by TheDenverMan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:33 pm

Who are Spendy you utter sackheads
KOOOOOONICHIWA

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:38 pm

It's shorthand for a totally sustainable, profit-making, non-bankrolled, well-run club that has no need to rely on hand-outs from a wealthy backer.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:49 am

spen666 wrote:
H1987 wrote:It could well be the case that they don't need planning permission if all they are doing is bolting seats onto the existing terrace though? It'd need inspecting afterwards to make sure it's up to code, but as it doesn't involve altering the building itself, perhaps they don't need it?

Moving the wall back, increase space in the ground and allows the creation of an extended terrace several steps deep , instead of a simple narrow concrete path

Several steps of terracing have a much larger capacity than a narrow path

ie if there are 10 steps of terracing, then the capacity of that section can be increased by up to 10 times the capacity of the path only
I'm not debating whether putting steps of terracing increases the capacity, obviously it does, but you quite definitely need planning permission to do that. None of that is detailed in any of the above, it just simply states moving the wall will create this. Which, clearly, it does not.

Richie
Team Supported: Spennymoor

Post by Richie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:33 pm

Perhaps you should conentrate on Darlington rather than Spennymoor.I can assure you that everything will be in place by March 31st.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:46 pm

Richie wrote:Perhaps you should conentrate on Darlington rather than Spennymoor.I can assure you that everything will be in place by March 31st.
Welcome to the Darlington fans board.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:45 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:08 pm

Richie wrote:Perhaps you should conentrate on Darlington rather than Spennymoor.I can assure you that everything will be in place by March 31st.
You don't need to, I can't see Groves not getting it right.

Also chatted to Ainsley at the recent Darlo v Salford game and he was very confident that Spenny ground would be ready.

Can't see Spenny not making the playoffs this year to be honest, they are in the groove to get results.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:58 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
You don't need to, I can't see Groves not getting it right.

Also chatted to Ainsley at the recent Darlo v Salford game and he was very confident that Spenny ground would be ready.

Can't see Spenny not making the playoffs this year to be honest, they are in the groove to get results.

Wish I was as confident as you about Spennymoor and the play offs

footifan

Post by footifan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:41 pm

Spyman wrote:
Don't waste your time Spyman... that one will have gone WHOOOOOSH
You educate pork :crazy:

Personally I could not give a rats arse if they do or don't... :roll:

polarbear
Team Supported: spennymoor

Post by polarbear » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:55 am

Lot of scumbags on this forum very envious of Spennymoor, i bet most of them come from Skerne Park, Firth Moor, Eastbourne, Haughton (near St. Andrews, Church) Red Hall.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:48 pm

polarbear wrote:Lot of scumbags on this forum very envious of Spennymoor, i bet most of them come from Skerne Park, Firth Moor, Eastbourne, Haughton (near St. Andrews, Church) Red Hall.
I know quite a lot of people off this MB and none of them come from those areas you mentioned and what if they did, I'm sure that there are far worse parts of Spennymoor. There are loads of respectable people that live in those areas, that I'm sure wouldn't swap Darlo for Spennymoor.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:25 pm

The best thing about Spennymoor is the road out. To say we are envious is like saying we are envious of someone having hemorrhoids

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:26 pm

Suggesting we're envious implies we actually give a damn. I don't wish any ill will towards them. It's interesting to watch though.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:56 pm

polarbear wrote:Lot of scumbags on this forum very envious of Spennymoor, i bet most of them come from Skerne Park, Firth Moor, Eastbourne, Haughton (near St. Andrews, Church) Red Hall.
He wanted a bite. Best to just ignore people like this.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:10 pm

Spyman wrote:
:lol: Brilliant!! So simple yet such a good post... well done Sir!! :clap:

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:34 am

I see million-pound-plus bankroller Brad is now asking the fans to help fund the ground developments that they are racing to complete by March 31. They are putting in 503 seats in the stand behind the goal which will take the seated capacity of the ground to 753 and are increasing the capacity of the ground to more than 3,000 and then there are further plans to increase that to beyond 5,000 over the next 12 to 18 months.

Anyway Brad wants the fans to play their part and has set up a crowdfunding appeal to raise £10,000 by March 30. It has been going for a couple of weeks and stands at £400 from nine fans. Bucket collections running since October have also raised £1,136.54 from match days and events.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:41 am

They'll easily reach their targets when Spen and Polar concentrate their efforts on their own club instead of fishing and criticising here looking for a bite. Still no reply from Spen I note about him being incorrect.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:59 am

He's still hiding behind the benches in Court No. 1 at the Old Bailey.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:17 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I see million-pound-plus bankroller Brad is now asking the fans to help fund the ground developments that they are racing to complete by March 31. They are putting in 503 seats in the stand behind the goal which will take the seated capacity of the ground to 753 and are increasing the capacity of the ground to more than 3,000 and then there are further plans to increase that to beyond 5,000 over the next 12 to 18 months.

Anyway Brad wants the fans to play their part and has set up a crowdfunding appeal to raise £10,000 by March 30. It has been going for a couple of weeks and stands at £400 from nine fans. Bucket collections running since October have also raised £1,136.54 from match days and events.
£10k must be just a token contribution, as the cost of the re-development should be a lot higher than that. Wish we only had to make contributions of £10k for our ground re-development.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:25 pm

They also have a very good half-time draw. They have no need of Brad's millions because they are set up to be completely self-sufficient.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:42 pm

LoidLucan wrote:They also have a very good half-time draw. They have no need of Brad's millions because they are set up to be completely self-sufficient.

Is this a joke? I think it is :) Their half time draw has a fixed prize (quite low) that doesn't take into account the number of tickets sold, unlike our wonderful 50/50 that I was once fortunate enough to win.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:07 am

Genuine question for the Spennymoor fans. Stevie Wonder can see that you’ll not be sustainable at our current level never mind the level above. Is fundamentally changing the ground, by putting seats in the covered terrace, which will affect the feel of the whole place, worth a shot at possibly a season or two in the conference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!