BROWN'S HEAD INJURY

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Rufusuk
Team Supported: Darlington

BROWN'S HEAD INJURY

Post by Rufusuk » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:46 pm

I do hope that Gary hasn't suffered a recurrence of his serious head injury. I feared for him after seeing his reaction today. There is no doubt that his health is more important than anything else. I suspect any recurrence of his head injury would mean his career is over. I hope I'm wrong but it did not look good. Great servant and leader of the club.

loan_star

Re: BROWN'S HEAD INJURY

Post by loan_star » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:49 pm

It was more of a red mist substitution,. He got elbowed in the same way place as he got caught at York. Wright made the right call on this.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:35 pm

You can see the incident at 1min 53 of TW’s post-match interview at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcISC9hKXa4. It’s a bit of a melee but you can make out their number 10 clearly swinging an arm/elbow. Straight red if it had been seen by the ref I should think (then again, with the standard of refs in NLN who knows....)

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:58 pm

Taken off before he get sent off.

Browny is never anything less than a 100 per cent man but today he lost the plot. He should have learned by now when to walk away and not go out looking for retaliation, especially when Leamington were looking to provoke a reaction.

Tommy did exactly the right thing in taking him off - and his petulant reaction in storming off to the dressing room was poor.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:16 am

Good decision by Tommy in taking off Browny. Over the years there gave been occasions when our manager has left the player on the pitch, only for them to be sent off shortly afterwards. AW was one of the worst culprits for losing his head and getting sent off.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:19 am

Three things struck me as being really bad about the incident. One is that Brown is elbowed in the face before the ball even arrives in the area. So it wasn't a case of a player catching another one as he uses his arms for elevation. They were both on the deck. It was just a straight elbow in the face as they jostled for position. Outrageous. The second thing is how close the ref is to the incident... looks about ten or 12 yards away, right in from of him. How the hell didn't he see what happened and send the player off. The third thing is Brown's furious reaction, no-one seemed to be able to calm him down. But, by all accounts, he was seeing stars after the assault and given the background of his previous serious injury it goes some way to explaining how the whole thing escalated as it did. I'm sure he's learned the lesson.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:26 am

[quote="LoidLucan"]Three things struck me as being really bad about the incident. One is that Brown is elbowed in the face before the ball even arrives in the area. So it wasn't a case of a player catching another one as he uses his arms for elevation. They were both on the deck. It was just a straight elbow in the face as they jostled for position. Outrageous. The second thing is how close the ref is to the incident... looks about ten or 12 yards away, right in from of him. How the hell didn't he see what happened and send the player off. The third thing is Brown's furious reaction, no-one seemed to be able to calm him down. But, by all accounts, he was seeing stars after the assault and given the background of his previous serious injury it goes some way to explaining how the whole thing escalated as it did. I'm sure he's learned
Can't blame Browny after his previous injury for reacting like that, I'm sure loads of players in his situation would do the same...