Gainsboro V Chorley.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Gainsboro V Chorley.

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:19 pm

We could do with Chorley getting their act together tonight.

They looked a good team against us and probably would have won if not for the daft sending off.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Re: Gainsboro V Chorley.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:23 pm

Chorley should be able to do us a favour, as Gainsborough are very poor at the moment, eben leamington beat them at there place.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:50 pm

Chorley 1-0 down.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:55 pm

Chorley may well have looked good at our place but I think that says more about us than them to be honest.

The reality is that for the last couple of months they have been utter, utter, utter turd.

They even failed to beat Ferriby at home on Saturday. Tells you everything that does.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:56 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Chorley should be able to do us a favour
Based on what Pete? They are chronically bad right now, they're about as good as us - did we beat Gainsborough? Nope.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:32 pm

Quakerz is right. We've been failing to beat teams that everyone else has been, and the match against the ultimate 'Unwinnables', Salford, everyone else had been taking points off as well.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:37 pm

Fook sake

Rufusuk

Post by Rufusuk » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:38 pm

Gainsborough win 1-0

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:39 pm

The battle at the bottom continues.

As mentioned, we now need to take points from those games we have been writing off.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:49 pm

It's looking like a mental amount of points to stay up this season. I've earmarked 46, but will even this be enough?

dsr

Post by dsr » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:42 pm

Ourselves excepted, it really is dog eat dog among the bottom teams this Saturday. Far too many permutations possible, but we are very likely lower than 18th if we don’t win.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:52 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:It's looking like a mental amount of points to stay up this season. I've earmarked 46, but will even this be enough?
What is that based upon? The bottom three in the table is now the equivalent of the bottom 3 in the form table. The teams have picked up 1 points and 2 points in the past 5 games yet you expect they will get 16 points from their remaining 13 games?

I identified Curzon a while back. Their last win (except North Ferriby) was in October.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:05 am

We can't rely on certain teams getting beat. This season almost every side is capable of winning in this league, whoever the opposition.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:12 am

All it’s doing is pulling more teams into the pack which is a good thing for us. The more teams you have around you the less chance of them all winning as they’ll be playing each other half the time

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:15 am

Chorley haven't done much since they lost Haughton

I see there's some more big clashes at the bottom of the league this weekend: Curzon v Gainsborough, NFU v Leamington, Southport v Telford.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:05 am

al_quaker wrote:Chorley haven't done much since they lost Haughton

I see there's some more big clashes at the bottom of the league this weekend: Curzon v Gainsborough, NFU v Leamington, Southport v Telford.
And because of the number of teams involved in the relegation scrap, this will be the case most weeks until the end of the season.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm

Any teams in the relegation zone who are in danger of going into administration?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:03 pm

jjljks wrote:Any teams in the relegation zone who are in danger of going into administration?
Unless it's a local side, you don't tend to find out until administration actually happens. I guess North Ferriby were in trouble earlier on this season, so they may be one, but that wouldn't help us as they're as good as down already.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:17 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
jjljks wrote:Any teams in the relegation zone who are in danger of going into administration?
Unless it's a local side, you don't tend to find out until administration actually happens. I guess North Ferriby were in trouble earlier on this season, so they may be one, but that wouldn't help us as they're as good as down already.
Thanks Pete, that was part of the reason I was asking, purely on a selfish Darlo staying up basis but there is also the wider issue of getting some cash trickling down. Don't believe there isn't at least one looking over their shoulder at the Administrators given the attendances of some. Given the sums spent by the Premier/Championship sides in the transfer market as well as the TV contracts, the FA should be reviewing the amount of money which is trickling down to all the lower leagues and true grassroots football. FA need to be more farsighted and ensure the future of the game by investing in the lower leagues, otherwise players like Vardy may never come up through the ranks and local youths may never get the chance of a career in football.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:20 pm

jjljks wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Don't believe there isn't at least one looking over their shoulder at the Administrators given the attendances of some. Given the sums spent by the Premier/Championship sides in the transfer market as well as the TV contracts, the FA should be reviewing the amount of money which is trickling down to all the lower leagues and true grassroots football. FA need to be more farsighted and ensure the future of the game by investing in the lower leagues, otherwise players like Vardy may never come up through the ranks and local youths may never get the chance of a career in football.
Nothing to disagree with in your statement. Unfortunately the power and money is with all the big clubs and we are left with the scraps. I'm afraid I can't see this status quo ending anytime soon.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:56 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:It's looking like a mental amount of points to stay up this season. I've earmarked 46, but will even this be enough?
What is that based upon? The bottom three in the table is now the equivalent of the bottom 3 in the form table. The teams have picked up 1 points and 2 points in the past 5 games yet you expect they will get 16 points from their remaining 13 games?

I identified Curzon a while back. Their last win (except North Ferriby) was in October.
They've actually all got 15/16 games left, not 13, but hey, let's just remove a few games to make your argument more persuasive.