Confidence

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Confidence

Post by divas » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:01 pm

Amazing what a bit of confidence can do to a team. Our 3rd goal today was pure confident play. The first time cross from Thompson which a few games ago would have been 2 or 3 touches was a prime example.

From 1 through to 11 today everyone played their part. I don’t think there was one bad performance and for once we put everything together for 95 minutes and got the performance and result that we’ve been threatening in the last few weeks only to be let down by switching off for periods

Darlo_Pete

Re: Confidence

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:07 pm

Yep you could see the players confidence grow as the game went on. Nice that we continued to look for more goals, rather than the usual hanging on. Tommo looks a completely different player. Hard to pick a MOTM as they all deserved it.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:11 pm

Yep that period at the end where we were passing it around - you could see the confidence. Great to see after a tough season. We're not out of trouble yet, far from it, but it looks like we've started turning a corner. A few good performances, and now we've started picking up some results too. Let's hope we can keep it up

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:30 pm

Difference in confidence between the 2 teams by the end of that game was as clear as night and day, at 3-0 the Blyth lads all looked down whilst our lads were playing with a smile, the performances have been encouraging lately with silly mistakes costing us, last 4 games we seem to be turning it around

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:56 pm

I said it a few weeks ago - this is not a weak squad by any stretch of the imagination but confidence and decision making has been costing us points.

We're now 4 unbeaten and the players are starting to realise they are capable of competing and seeing games out. Confidence is vital.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:06 am

Just one concern, the state of the pitch. Still signs of water gathering in some places and centre of field showing signs of wear. At least no soccer on it for a couple of weeks and worst of winter weather behind us?

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:45 am

jjljks wrote:Just one concern, the state of the pitch. Still signs of water gathering in some places and centre of field showing signs of wear. At least no soccer on it for a couple of weeks and worst of winter weather behind us?
Probably got 2 more months of crappie weather.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:49 am

Spyman wrote:I said it a few weeks ago - this is not a weak squad by any stretch of the imagination but confidence and decision making has been costing us points.

We're now 4 unbeaten and the players are starting to realise they are capable of competing and seeing games out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thats the biggest plus for me, they must have thought they were jinxed after some games so have shown great character to get recent results.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:00 am

jjljks wrote:Just one concern, the state of the pitch. Still signs of water gathering in some places and centre of field showing signs of wear. At least no soccer on it for a couple of weeks and worst of winter weather behind us?
I thought the pitch played well yesterday. Yes it looked worn, but both sides were able to pass the ball around without any problems. I don't think the worst of the weather is behind us. Looks like it could be cold for the foreseeable future, but at least it looks like it'll remain reasonably dry over the next couple of weeks.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:17 pm

Egg chasing wont help the surface, but with the new confidence our lads may not notice to much difference.