You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:15 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 550 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: York City
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:58 pm 

Team Supported: Darlington
Just been on Look North that their chairman is only willing to provide the £1 million they need to stay afloat if the supporters trust hand over their 25% stake in the club.

Last edited by Darlo_CR on Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: York City in trouble
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:01 pm 

So not in trouble yet then.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:17 pm 

Emdubya wrote:

I'd definitely say they were in trouble, regardless of whether the Trust hands over the 25% that they own.

Post subject: Re: York City
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:23 pm 

There’s no way McGill would walk away now with the new stadium and the additional associated revenue coming along, especially as it’s finally started. Be interesting to see if the Trust try and call his bluff on that basis.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:30 pm 

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Emdubya wrote:

I'd definitely say they were in trouble, regardless of whether the Trust hands over the 25% that they own.

No, you just hope they are.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:42 pm 

The way he is allowing Gray to bring in all these signings would frighten any owner to death, another 2 this week apparently which must be at least 8 by my reckoning since Gray was appointed.Just wonder if the trust are getting a little bit nervous?.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:47 pm 

Since MG took over, he's brought in Adam Bartlett, David Ferguson, Daniel Rowe, Alex Pattison, Jonny Burn, James Gray, Raul Correia.

5 of those have all played for Darlington.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 pm 

AndyPark wrote:
Since MG took over, he's brought in Adam Bartlett, David Ferguson, Daniel Rowe, Alex Pattison, Jonny Burn, James Gray, Raul Correia.

Add Connor Brown to that list plus one more this week in addition to Pattison which would make NINE....my god if he fails to get them promoted with that budget he may as well pack in.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:08 pm 

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
AndyPark wrote:

Add Connor Brown to that list plus one more this week in addition to Pattison which would make NINE....my god if he fails to get them promoted with that budget he may as well pack in.

To be fair 3 of those are loans.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:30 pm 

Didn't the supporters group release a statement along the lines of current levels of spending being unsustainable? Just after MG was appointed?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:37 pm 

Found a few articles

https://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/ ... ters-trust

https://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/ ... ment-trust

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:48 pm 

lo36789 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
AndyPark wrote:

In the same time Tommy has brought in 9 in Mills, Trotman, Styche, Talbot, Pears, Heaton, O’Hanlon and two youth players in Glover and Parral. Albeit some are forced due to the York signings and the keeper situation but we have had a similar amount of in and outs at the same time.

Not saying that ours will be of the equivalent £££ but worth pointing out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:05 pm 

DFCAnth wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
AndyPark wrote:

In the same time Tommy has brought in 9 in Mills, Trotman, Styche, Talbot, Pears, Heaton, O’Hanlon and two youth players in Glover and Parral. Albeit some are forced due to the York signings and the keeper situation but we have had a similar amount of in and outs at the same time.

Yes but he lost 4 senior players plus our keeper was sent off and replaced by Pears and you cannot really include the young 16 year old kid.Silly to compare our signings with those at York.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:33 am 

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
DFCAnth wrote:

Yes but he lost 4 senior players plus our keeper was sent off and replaced by Pears and you cannot really include the young 16 year old kid.Silly to compare our signings with those at York.

Ron, why can't you include youth signings? The MG Obsessives would be doing so if York had done the same.

"He's even signing teenagers he doesn't need!" would be the cry.

And are you saying York haven't had injuries, suspensions or departures of their own? Because that would be incorrect also.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:31 am 

divas wrote:
There’s no way McGill would walk away now with the new stadium and the additional associated revenue coming along, especially as it’s finally started. Be interesting to see if the Trust try and call his bluff on that basis.

I think that this is exactly the time he could walk away. He owns Bootham Crescent, the imminent sale of which will just about clear the Football Club's debts to his business (which are increasing daily). I make this assumption based on freely available information about his business's loans to YCFC on Companies House versus valuations for Bootham Crescent which have been published in the media.

Regarding the future for YCFC at the new stadium (which they don't own) - how bright that is depends on what rent they are paying and what share they get of the revenue streams along with all the other interested parties.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:59 am 

wizardofos wrote:
divas wrote:

I think that this is exactly the time he could walk away. He owns Bootham Crescent, the imminent sale of which will just about clear the Football Club's debts to his business (which are increasing daily). I make this assumption based on freely available information about his business's loans to YCFC on Companies House versus valuations for Bootham Crescent which have been published in the media.

Regarding the future for YCFC at the new stadium (which they don't own) - how bright that is depends on what rent they are paying and what share they get of the revenue streams along with all the other interested parties.

Thinking about it, perhaps it would be a good time for the Trust to ask him for his shares. Although a shortfall between the proceeds of Bootham Crescent and his loans would scupper that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:16 am 

wizardofos wrote:
wizardofos wrote:
divas wrote:

Thinking about it, perhaps it would be a good time for the Trust to ask him for his shares. Although a shortfall between the proceeds of Bootham Crescent and his loans would scupper that.

That's not practical though, when they are losing so much per week. There is no way the trust could meet the shortfall, without probably ditching the manager, losing loads of playing staff and going part time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:23 am 

They could be rattling buckets soon.

How embarrassing.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:32 am 

Darlogramps wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
DFCAnth wrote:

Ron, why can't you include youth signings? The MG Obsessives would be doing so if York had done the same.

"He's even signing teenagers he doesn't need!" would be the cry.

And are you saying York haven't had injuries, suspensions or departures of their own? Because that would be incorrect also.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Point taken Gramps.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:38 am 

Something familiar with the York City scenario which reminds me of another club who left a traditional town centre stadium, had a backer with mega ambitions, lost the footballing share, got asset stripped and ran up massive debts by not managing their budget against falling gates.

Not sure how that turned out, perhaps Martin Gray saw the same? ;)

Check out what was reported on their AGM about Chairman's rejection of Trust proposal
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkci ... _proposal/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:37 am 

That was a very interesting article, surprised that their manager didn't attend and left it to David Penney to represent the management.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:19 am 

Had a read of the article - fan ownership isn't perfect, but compared with losing 90k a month and thus being reliant on the generosity of one bloke who now seems to be in a power struggle with the Trust, I'd take it every day of the week.

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:30 am 

If I was a York supporter, I would be worried why the chairman wants 100% of shares and rejected a deal whereby the Trust retain a 5% share.

That refusal to allow the Trust even 5% of the shares would worry me

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:55 am 

Darlo_Pete wrote:
That was a very interesting article, surprised that their manager didn't attend and left it to David Penney to represent the management.

Or perhaps MG had learned his lesson about speaking to the real fans? :o

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:09 pm 

MG only gets involved in off the field matters if it will benefit him and his budget.

I thought with 75% control you could propose changes to articles / approve a share issue.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:24 pm 

Seems to me the only reason for wanting 100% control is because he is planning something he doesn't want to become public knowledge, maybe connected to the sale of Bootham Crescent.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:28 pm 

Loans, creditors. All sounds very unreassuring.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:51 pm 

dfc4me wrote:
Seems to me the only reason for wanting 100% control is because he is planning something he doesn't want to become public knowledge, maybe connected to the sale of Bootham Crescent.

I was also thinking along similar lines. A 5% holding wouldn't allow the Trust to stop him doing anything, but it would entitle the Trust to know what was being planned/ proposed.

I would be worried about the majority shareholder if I was a York fan

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:56 pm 

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Silly to compare our signings with those at York.

I did mention the keeper situation, senior players leaving for York, the fact a couple are youth players and that York will be paying more. Not sure my post is silly, I wasn't really comparing anything - just pointing out the facts.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:07 pm 

jjljks wrote:
Something familiar with the York City scenario which reminds me of another club who left a traditional town centre stadium, had a backer with mega ambitions, lost the footballing share, got asset stripped and ran up massive debts by not managing their budget against falling gates.

Not sure how that turned out, perhaps Martin Gray saw the same? ;)

Check out what was reported on their AGM about Chairman's rejection of Trust proposal
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkci ... _proposal/

Interesting article with some scary figures contained!

Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 550 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next