Tonight's scores

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

bga
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tonight's scores

Post by bga » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:39 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
bga wrote:
jjljks wrote:Don't fancy our chances against BPA or Kiddie on their current form, despite our own decent improvements. Perhaps the weather will be an issue and buy us some more time with a postponement? At least Curzon & Gainsborough failed to close the gap on us plus worsened their goal difference. At least our fate is now firmly back in our own hands, we don't have to rely on other results to go our way :thumbup:
"At least our fate is now firmly back in our own hands, we don't have to rely on other results to go our way" How do you come to that conclusion, given every team below us bar Ferriby can overtake us if they win their games in hand? Have you mathematically calculated every score combination and concluded we cannot be caught if we win all our remaining 13 matches? Just interested in your logic.
I haven't looked at it but don't they all play each other so a number of them would have to drop some points. I think you are just looking at games played and points available but they can't all win them all if they are playing each other and us.

It is in our hands either way to be honest, we just have to keep getting results.
Ok thanks, understand they may play each other (and us?) but we all know there will be many more twists before the end of the season! :wave:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:37 pm

bga wrote:
bga wrote:
jjljks wrote:Don't fancy our chances against BPA or Kiddie on their current form, despite our own decent improvements. Perhaps the weather will be an issue and buy us some more time with a postponement? At least Curzon & Gainsborough failed to close the gap on us plus worsened their goal difference. At least our fate is now firmly back in our own hands, we don't have to rely on other results to go our way :thumbup:
"At least our fate is now firmly back in our own hands, we don't have to rely on other results to go our way" How do you come to that conclusion, given every team below us bar Ferriby can overtake us if they win their games in hand? Have you mathematically calculated every score combination and concluded we cannot be caught if we win all our remaining 13 matches? Just interested in your logic.
I haven't looked at it but don't they all play each other so a number of them would have to drop some points. I think you are just looking at games played and points available but they can't all win them all if they are playing each other and us.

It is in our hands either way to be honest, we just have to keep getting results.
Ok thanks, understand they may play each other (and us?) but we all know there will be many more twists before the end of the season! :wave:
Just meant that if we keep our form, then we do not have to rely on rivals to drop points in order to avoid relegation. Yes, (as Ginge pointed out) some teams in bottom half still have to play each other, so in such games one team will drop 3 points or both teams drop 2 points. My glass is at least half full! ;)

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:37 pm

bga wrote:
bga wrote:

Just meant that if we keep our form, then we do not have to rely on rivals to drop points in order to avoid relegation. Yes, (as Ginge pointed out) some teams in bottom half still have to play each other, so in such games one team will drop 3 points or both teams drop 2 points. My glass is at least half full! ;)

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:06 pm

bga wrote:
bga wrote:

A lot of twists, Gainsborough & Tamworth have just got rid of their managers.

I am hoping we comfortably move out of the danger zone well in advance of the end of season, it will certainly be interesting.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:48 pm

Very surprising that Morrell has gone at Tamworth, he’s done well considering he’s had one hand tied behind his back and had to deal with losing key players