Bradford Park Avenue v Darlington Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mick
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Bradford Park Avenue v Darlington Match Thread

Post by Mick » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:54 pm

Crossing everything here

Mick

Post by Mick » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:55 pm

Get in

Ginge01

Post by Ginge01 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:57 pm

Bottom 10 games

FCUM ................0-0 Chorley FT (Friday night)

Bradford............ 0-1 DARLINGTON (Syers 57).............................FT
ALFRETON......... 2-1 Tamworth (Alf 36, 86, Tam 26).....................FT
Boston.............. 3-3 CURZON ASHTON (Bos 63, 66, Cur 4, 45, 61) FT
GAINSBOROUGH 0-3 SOUTHPORT (Sou 42, 45, 50).......................FT
LEAMINGTON….. 1-3 Harrogate (Lea 55, Har 31, 56, 75)................FT
Stockport.......... P-P NUNEATON
TELFORD........... 3-0 NORTH FERRIBY (Tel 19, 77, 90)...................FT
Last edited by Ginge01 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:57 pm

We're up to 14th.

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:07 pm

What's nearly as good as Darlo winning 1-0 Easy spurs doing the scum 1-0

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:03 pm

We played some decent stuff today... Great to see

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:12 pm

Am I right in saying Thompson now gets a 1 match ban? So will miss the Brackley game, as they now come into effect in 7 days.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:12 pm

Played well today and deserved result. Styche missed a few good chances which was unusual for him but good display by the whole team again. Only thing that that I could say was an issue is the number of times that the players launch a throw in rather than to feet, (when we played it to feet it worked every time), and that meant we lost the ball most times. Still a small niggle really.

Great day

"Up the Quakers"

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:23 pm

Long throws can look positive, but getting the ball to feet in space is far more productive.

dsr

Post by dsr » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:23 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:Am I right in saying Thompson now gets a 1 match ban? So will miss the Brackley game, as they now come into effect in 7 days.
Not the following game at home to Kidderminster?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:18 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:Am I right in saying Thompson now gets a 1 match ban? So will miss the Brackley game, as they now come into effect in 7 days.
Im getting bored now of people having to explain the rule everytime someone gets sent off..Image

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:19 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:Long throws can look positive, but getting the ball to feet in space is far more productive.
You should be a rocket scientist NEIL... FFS talk about stating the obvious

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:04 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:Long throws can look positive, but getting the ball to feet in space is far more productive.
He’s a fucking idiot. Takes so much s***.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:36 am

Good to get the game played and come away with 3pts. Some clubs like Spennymoor are getting a bit of fixture congestion, albeit due to Trophy success and postponements. Could be a bit tired by the time we play them? ;)

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:37 am

To be fair Neil's been a long suffering supporter and he did a fantastic job keeping all the exiles informed and in contact with DAFTS way before social media came to the fore. Okay maybe he states the obvious at times but his hearts in the right place.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:45 am

AndyPark wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
He’s a fucking idiot. Takes so much s***.
Totally unnecessary, just like the peado chants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:46 am

Here we go...

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:03 am

Great win - we're not out of the woods yet, but we are starting to pull away from the bottom 3 a bit. Not expecting much from Brackley next week, but I wasn't expecting much from Blyth and BPA yet we've got 6 points, so what do I know :D

10 points off the playoffs, plenty of winnable looking games in March and April - could we? :lol:

More seriously, if we can carry on pulling away from the relegation spots, Wright will be able to start planning for next season earlier, which would be beneficial.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:23 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:To be fair Neil's been a long suffering supporter and he did a fantastic job keeping all the exiles informed and in contact with DAFTS way before social media came to the fore. Okay maybe he states the obvious at times but his hearts in the right place.
Couldn't agree more.

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:41 am

First match for me for a long while. A battling win and to say they are in the play off mix I thought we looked much the better team for most of the game. We should have led at half time.

Although he missed a few its clear that Styche is a beast. Can't remember the last time Darlo had a striker where I felt a bit scared for the opposition defence. Also really great to see Thompson playing like his old self. I thought everyone played well though.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Bradford Park Avenue v Darlington Match Thread

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:51 am

Syers had a great game capped with a goal. Thomo a defo dive imo.

Thought the ref had a great game.

Couple in Bradford pre match, really surprised how nice it was, big improvements to when I was last there.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:24 pm

Very impressed with the hospitality at Park Avenue yesterday, arrived at the ground just after 1pm and went into the bar.

Must have been 100 Darlo fans in there with no queues for drinks, very quick service, which we lack at BM and the Spurs and Arsenal match on the big screen. I also used the food hut next door which had plenty of choice, went for the steak pie, chips, peas and gravy ample portion and very tasty for £4 which we were allowed to sit and eat back in the bar.

For a match day experience this is what we should be aiming for.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:30 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:Syers had a great game capped with a goal. Thomo a defo dive imo.

Couple in Bradford pre match, really surprised how nice it was, big improvements to when I was last there.
Thommo went down but then got straight back up to try and get the ball. No appeal for a free kick either. Sometimes players do go down accidentally, or by trying to avoid a challenge, without looking to con the ref.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:39 pm

AndyPark wrote:Here we go...
But you don't help yourself and to an extent this includes Harry. What you say about people on here or in person, on some occasions is unnecessary and borders on bullying. We are all Darlo fans so whether you agree with what's said or not, the least you can do is treat people with greater respect.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

feethamslad

Post by feethamslad » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:15 pm

A vey balanced and fair match report from the Bradford PA website:

http://bpafc.com/match-report-bradford- ... arlington/

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:04 pm

quakerste wrote:Very impressed with the hospitality at Park Avenue yesterday, arrived at the ground just after 1pm and went into the bar.

Must have been 100 Darlo fans in there with no queues for drinks, very quick service, which we lack at BM and the Spurs and Arsenal match on the big screen. I also used the food hut next door which had plenty of choice, went for the steak pie, chips, peas and gravy ample portion and very tasty for £4 which we were allowed to sit and eat back in the bar.

Totally agree mate that's what I was trying to get across on another thread about getting ripped off buying a pork pie for £2.50..Yesterday large piece of meat and tatie pie chips and peas and gravy for £4 VALUE for money and apparently it was good... I had 2 sausages chips and home made chips and gravy for £3 and worth the money...

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:08 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:
AndyPark wrote:Here we go...
But you don't help yourself and to an extent this includes Harry. What you say about people on here or in person, on some occasions is unnecessary and borders on bullying. We are all Darlo fans so whether you agree with what's said or not, the least you can do is treat people with greater respect.
I haven't slagged the bloke off .. Just stating the obvious... He does a good job that's great surely it grates on people, as I probably do with some of my posts.. That the good thing about a forum opinions ain't it...

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:48 pm

loan_star wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:Syers had a great game capped with a goal. Thomo a defo dive imo.

Thommo went down but then got straight back up to try and get the ball. No appeal for a free kick either. Sometimes players do go down accidentally, or by trying to avoid a challenge, without looking to con the ref.
I was right in front of it, looked like he went down expecting to get something at the time as a few had run their guts out.Will have another look on the highlights :)

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:28 pm

TW wasn't too perturbed with the decision. Him and Alan White when talking to them after the Leamington game said that referees in our league are so poor that you have to decision make based on this. In other words, don't give them a chance to make a decision. In the last minute at Leamington Ben O'Hanlon made a good tackle and got the ball and in the process their man went down. As a result the referee gave a free kick due to their player going down, even though the ball had been won. Whitey had a go at him and said that even though he'd won the ball, his decision making had been wrong as he should have stayed on his feet and blocked the ball rather than make the tackle as he gave the referee the chance to make the wrong decision. I know it shouldn't be like this but that's how it is in the NLN.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:40 pm

quakerste wrote:Very impressed with the hospitality at Park Avenue yesterday, arrived at the ground just after 1pm and went into the bar.

The best chips I’ve ever had at a match - fresh potatoes, cooked fresh, huge portion and delicious.