Monkey hangers

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Monkey hangers

Post by Spyman » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:43 pm

Quakerz wrote:People are forgetting that Paul Ince started at Macclesfield Town in League 2 and turned them around, before going to Mk Dons in League 2. Therefore he has plenty of experience of lower league football and there isn’t a huge difference between L2 and the National League.

I’m not saying he can achieve anything at Pools because it looks an impossible job, but Ince is as good a shout as anyone else.
A decade ago. He's done nothing for years and all he did at Macclesfield was scrape them to safety before getting Martin Allen's expensively assembled MK Dons team promoted.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:32 pm

The latest.

https://t.co/redirect?url=https%3A%2F%2 ... +285282312

What is very interesting is that although the council own VP, they do not own the fixtures and fittings, and some are worried that there is nothing stopping the owner selling these off.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:51 pm

How the hell could it get to a situation where the club was losing £200,000 every month? Either complete mismanagement and/or big wads of cash were being taken out of the club to God knows where.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:22 pm

Yet another home defeat yesterday. The rate they're going, they won't need a 10 point deduction to get relegated.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:47 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:The latest.

https://t.co/redirect?url=https%3A%2F%2 ... +285282312

What is very interesting is that although the council own VP, they do not own the fixtures and fittings, and some are worried that there is nothing stopping the owner selling these off.

That is a fascinating statement when you read between the lines. There is a realistic prospect of there being no club at all next season, let alone one in the NPL.

This paragraph in particular caught my eye
We got clarification that the transfer embargo was in place because the club was unable to satisfy the NL that it was able to continue trading until the end of the season. There was a second reason but it was agreed by Pam and The Trust that this should not be disclosed at the current time. Pam also confirmed that the police investigation is ongoing.
I wonder if the reason is related to the last sentence of that paragraph? Transfer embargoes are most commonly imposed where clubs have not paid sums due under previous transfers......

Like Loid Lucan says, its mind boggling that they were losing £200k per month in the National League. It takes some doing to lose those sorts of sums. At the very best it raises questions about the competence of the board of directors and at worst, one can understand why there is a police investigation

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:13 pm

Their situation looks as dire as ours did when we went bust. Their owner unwilling to put anymore money in, the fans wont want to put any money in either due to it disappearing into a black hole. 1.8 million worth of debt, that no doubt the owner wants to recover as much as possible or he will just let the club die.
I'm afraid their only option is a phoenix club - fan owned model - and Im sure we can give them plenty of help on how to establish that.
Then I am not sure who owns Hartlepools ground? Is it financially viable playing their in the Northern League?
Finally, where has the likes of Jeff Stelling gone, no doubt walked away when the figure of 1.8 million was banded about - and who blames him.
They need a fresh reboot like us, with a low cost based, fan owned model where you live within your means. As a Darlo fan I feel much closer to the club and players as I have ever been because we are all in it together.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:20 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Their situation looks as dire as ours did when we went bust. Their owner unwilling to put anymore money in, the fans wont want to put any money in either due to it disappearing into a black hole. 1.8 million worth of debt, that no doubt the owner wants to recover as much as possible or he will just let the club die.
I'm afraid their only option is a phoenix club - fan owned model - and Im sure we can give them plenty of help on how to establish that.
Then I am not sure who owns Hartlepools ground?
I thought their ground was owned by the Council

Is it financially viable playing their in the Northern League?
Finally, where has the likes of Jeff Stelling gone, no doubt walked away when the figure of 1.8 million was banded about - and who blames him.
They need a fresh reboot like us, with a low cost based, fan owned model where you live within your means. As a Darlo fan I feel much closer to the club and players as I have ever been because we are all in it together.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:26 pm

They probably are paying FL standard wages, hoping to bounce back in their first season, whilst still getting parachute payments. Bet they haven't got the money to pay the wages for February?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:34 pm

Wages were paid on time for Feb.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:34 pm

Wages were paid on time for Feb.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:40 pm

Yeah that'll be the wages at the start of February. I'm on about their wages that they will need to pay at the end of this month.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:53 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Yeah that'll be the wages at the start of February. I'm on about their wages that they will need to pay at the end of this month.
Paid, next main challenge is end of March wages for them.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:54 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Their situation looks as dire as ours did when we went bust. Their owner unwilling to put anymore money in, the fans wont want to put any money in either due to it disappearing into a black hole. 1.8 million worth of debt, that no doubt the owner wants to recover as much as possible or he will just let the club die.
Then I am not sure who owns Hartlepools ground? Is it financially viable playing their in the Northern League?
I'm not sure a phoenix club is their only option. We went into administration three times, I don't think Pools have been in admin have they? The most likely option is to go into admin, get relegated and start next season on -10 points. They might not be able to agree a CVA of course, in that case they may be looking at the kind of demotion we suffered.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:12 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
I'm not sure a phoenix club is their only option. We went into administration three times, I don't think Pools have been in admin have they? The most likely option is to go into admin, get relegated and start next season on -10 points. They might not be able to agree a CVA of course, in that case they may be looking at the kind of demotion we suffered.
The rules set by the National League are much stricter I believe than the Football League.

The issue is that Sage/Blackledge don't look like walking away without a lot of cash back, no one wants to take on the debt.

League rules are that they have to cover 35% of CVA so approx. 600k debt approx. on what they owe.
Pools Trust wrote: We discussed the potential sanctions were the club to enter into Administration as the club and Trust had differing views on this. Pam called Mike Tattersall the Chief Executive of the National League while Trust Board Members were present, and he confirmed our understanding of the rules, that if the club goes into Admin before 5pm on 22 March they will automatically have 10 points deducted.

If they enter Admin after that point but before the end of the season The NL will make a decision whether to apply the 10 point deduction or roll it over to next season.

• If we go into Admin after the cut off and finish in the bottom 4 the 10 points will apply next season

• If we finish less than 10 points above the bottom 4 then the sanction will be applied and we will be relegated

• If we finish more than 10 points above the bottom 4 then the points will be taken off .

In short the club will suffer whatever the worst option is, and we have NO SAY AT ALL as to when to have the points deducted.

The rules in relation to further sanctions should the club come out of Admin with a non- compliant CVA (the most likely outcome) are vague but Mr Tattersall seemed to be strongly suggesting that it would mean expulsion from The National Leagues, in which case, as we alluded to last week, the best we could hope for is to drop to The Northern Premier League.
We would of course lobby the NL and the FA should this happen but we have to say we do not expect to get much joy from either body.

Should no buyer be found by the Administrator ( and this would largely be determined by how much John Blackledge was prepared to be flexible ) then the club would be liquidated and have to start again as a Phoenix Club in the Northern League

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:30 am

Stelling getting desperate for another £600k to top up the £1.2M he has supposedly raised already. Got to admire the bloke as a Poolie fan, but surely there is a point where you cannot throw good money down a bottomless pit? Not even Ronnie Moore can turn them around this season.
Would be a pity if they went out of existence just when we could have been playing them in some derbies next season :wave:

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:03 am

Stelling publicly reveals football fanatic Extraordinaire Raj Singh is involved in his consortium. Just when you think it could not get worse.

We look forward to the "Victoria Park Housing Estate" coming some time soon.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:22 am

tezza wrote:Stelling publicly reveals football fanatic Extraordinaire Raj Singh is involved in his consortium. Just when you think it could not get worse.

I can see it now.Allon Close, Foggarty Drive,Houchen Place —————— :(

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:35 am

tezza wrote:Stelling publicly reveals football fanatic Extraordinaire Raj Singh is involved in his consortium. Just when you think it could not get worse.

Weird bloke, Stelling.

He paints this picture of a proper football fan who loves Hartlepool. He must know about Singh's past and rivalries aside anyone who wants a secure future for their football club would surely stay well away from actively encouraging that guy to be involved.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:02 am

Emdubya wrote:

For the older ones, what about "Bob Newton Drive"

Henley

Post by Henley » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:10 am

spen666 wrote: For the older ones, what about "Bob Newton Drive"
VG

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:14 pm

Emdubya wrote:

More like Administration Close, Relegation Place, HMRC Avenue ('aving you?) :lol:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:25 pm

Kittens End. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:37 pm

Henley wrote:
spen666 wrote: For the older ones, what about "Bob Newton Drive"
VG
moor like Devil gate drive.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:26 pm

jjljks wrote:
Emdubya wrote:

More like Administration Close, Relegation Place, HMRC Avenue ('aving you?) :lol:
And their old favourite, 'Mind the Gap' View. :thumbup:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:33 pm

And one day "Singh when your winning drive"?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:07 pm

Anyone remember when roadrunner was saying before about Strings, Pallister, McClaren (possibly Hignett too) being part of a group looking to take control over Darlo?

I wonder if this consortium involving Strings invoves the others?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:32 pm

Nothing should surprise us when it comes to Singh.
I tend to think these days he sees himself "bigger" than the likes of Hignett Et Al.
Using Stelling as the Trojan Horse is par for his modus operandi.

I would also be amazed if Stelling has not still got the back stream going with the Swedish interest, something I feel sure will be a stumbling block with Singh, afterall we now sharing is not a virtue he possesses

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:53 pm

Quakerz wrote:Anyone remember when roadrunner was saying before about Strings, Pallister, McClaren (possibly Hignett too) being part of a group looking to take control over Darlo?

I wonder if this consortium involving Strings invoves the others?
Stelling's answer on whether it was Raj on BBC Tees was interesting.

Basically stuck with the line that he can't say who it is but didn't deny or clear it up for the fans by saying it certainly wasn't him.

Original deal with Musgrave was giving him some land to make something from the deal I believe, Raj is an investor who will be looking for a return from it and I reckon will want something similar. Build some properties and make what he puts in back plus profit I would say.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:48 pm

Insolvency Close or Bankrupt House.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:12 pm

They won't be helped by having to travel down to Aldershot midweek. On the positive this weekend will be a rare weekend when they won't be defeated. :D