Raj Singh Takeover

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

LoidLucan
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh Takeover

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:52 pm

The more sensible are sceptical. And Raj doesnt like anyone questioning his motives, integrity or honesty... the dummy may fly into orbit at any moment.

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:02 pm

The big difference at Pools is you have a council that want to see the club succeed plus they own the stadium and surrounding ground the complete opposite to what DBC offered to DFC although do now to Mowden. Pools need Raj’s money and perhaps he wants to show his douters that he can still be a success. Only time will tell but why don’t we all concentrate of all things DFC.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:16 pm

Final nail in the poolie coffin.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:20 pm

tezza wrote:
D_F_C wrote:I'm no fan of Singh. But strangely enough we won the trophy under him.
Despite him some would say.

Lets not forget his failure to push on with that under our belt, his stewardship led to the demise

As was said he is great when all going well, however when it gets tough ...that said HUFC is fairly close to becoming a care home
It never really did go well under Singh though did it. We had the good little run to win the Trophy and sold Burn but that was about it. The bottom line to me is that with him in charge DFC sleepwalked out of the league, then became the pawn in a power game which at every turn Singh ballsed things up.

Five relegations in two and a half years - nice :thumbdown:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:22 am

I am completely confused on why Raj Singh wants to get involved in football again?
I strongly question his motive - I can understand why he wanted to get involved at Darlington - it was the stadium that was the biggest draw to the investors - lets face it. With Hartlepool there is nothing - the council owns the ground.
We know he is a Middlesbrough fan as well.
It will most likely be for his own vanity, probably trying to write the wrongs of the past, which will never happen.
The only reason why shrewed businessmen get involved in football is to feed their own ego - they think they can make the numbers work - when in reality only a handful of clubs make money.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:26 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
tezza wrote:
D_F_C wrote:I'm no fan of Singh. But strangely enough we won the trophy under him.

Lets not forget his failure to push on with that under our belt, his stewardship led to the demise

As was said he is great when all going well, however when it gets tough ...that said HUFC is fairly close to becoming a care home
It never really did go well under Singh though did it. We had the good little run to win the Trophy and sold Burn but that was about it. The bottom line to me is that with him in charge DFC sleepwalked out of the league, then became the pawn in a power game which at every turn Singh ballsed things up.

Five relegations in two and a half years - nice :thumbdown:
Yep, aside from the Trophy win, we had a calamitous season in League Two followed by a very underwhelming first season in the Conference followed by a terrible start to the following season. He mismanaged the club financially, making poor managerial appointments and allowing a revolving-door approach towards player recruitment.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:30 am

The way poolie are playing at the moment, they'll be relegated without getting a points deduction.

en passant

Post by en passant » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:58 am

Having read through a lot of the speculative comments about Raj on the Hartlepool bunker there are a couple of posts suggesting that he may have his eye on getting his hands on the land occupied by the ground with the cooperation of HBC, redeveloping it to make a profit and building pools a new ground elsewhere. Probably nonsense but would provide a more understandable reason for Raj to want to be involved rather than the touchy feely rubbish about wanting to put the wrongs of the past behind him. Whatever his motives I don't think any Darlo fan would believe that it was due to his genuine and respectful desire to help Pools in their hour of need. More like preying on the weak and vulnerable.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:20 am

If Gray leaves York (possible for many reasons) then we know he gets on with Singh as they both have an interest in fine wine tasting - oh, and football.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:If Gray leaves York (possible for many reasons) then we know he gets on with Singh as they both have an interest in fine wine tasting - oh, and football.
The MG obsession continues.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:35 am

Darlogramps wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:If Gray leaves York (possible for many reasons) then we know he gets on with Singh as they both have an interest in fine wine tasting - oh, and football.
And so do your comments which are just as bad. in my opinion

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:48 am

My opinion wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
And so do your comments which are just as bad. in my opinion
The more people complain about my comments, the more convinced I am that I'm correct.

While the same people keep bringing up MG all the time, I'm going to continue to highlight their obsession. Given you think the MG obsession is bad, I'm delighted to have you on board agreeing with me.

Freedom of speech and all.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:58 am

I do agree with you on the MG obsession. However, in your own words "freedom of speech and all"

en passant

Post by en passant » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:07 am

I wonder if the administrator of this site could arrange for any post that involve Darlogramps v The Rest Of The World to be removed to their own separate thread so that when we look up a thread that it continues to be about the subject on the header. It can be a bit tiresome to the rest of us to wade through these often off topic slugfest to find another post about the intended subject matter.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:21 am

en passant wrote:I wonder if the administrator of this site could arrange for any post that involve Darlogramps v The Rest Of The World to be removed to their own separate thread so that when we look up a thread that it continues to be about the subject on the header. It can be a bit tiresome to the rest of us to wade through these often off topic slugfest to find another post about the intended subject matter.
There's a great irony within this post. I'll let others work it out for themselves.

Why does a thread have to stay on topic? Can't it develop into other areas of interest to other people, arguments or otherwise? Who gets the right to judge that? And what if other people have arguments? Do they get removed as well?

Surely the most reasonable course would be to take the half a second and scroll past the bits you don't want to read. As you would for every other post you don't want to read. You're not forced to read or like what I say, but I've got a right to say it.

As I've said, freedom of speech.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:40 am

Spyman wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
tezza wrote:

Five relegations in two and a half years - nice Image
Yep, aside from the Trophy win, we had a calamitous season in League Two followed by a very underwhelming first season in the Conference followed by a terrible start to the following season. He mismanaged the club financially, making poor managerial appointments and allowing a revolving-door approach towards player recruitment.
Thing is though, how many people were saying this in May 2011, when we'd won the Trophy and finished 7th in the Conference?

And in May 2010, when we'd gone down, how many fans were blaming Singh? Not many. I think the majority simply thought he'd been dealt a bad hand.

I agree entirely with the criticisms of him but are we also simply being wise after the event?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:48 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Just a brief thought on a possible future happening - no need to fret.

It's not as if I have written - Martin Gray please fall over, multiple times ...

Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over
Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over Martin Gray please fall over
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:05 pm

Darlogramps wrote:I agree entirely with the criticisms of him but are we also simply being wise after the event?
Er no! What are you even talking about, "the event"? What "event" would that be Gramps?

The way he tried to kill us off after he couldn't get what he wanted?
The non payment of players?
Continually saying one thing then doing another?
Singh's mismanagement, selfishness and skullduggery went on for years.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:37 pm

Gramps has moved from attacking Tommy Wright to attacking fans opinions on Martin Gray. i wonder who he'll be targeting next?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:38 pm

The event being the club's collapse under Singh, obviously.

All I'm saying is, up until mid-November 2011, no one was critical of Singh's running of the club.

Yet according to you theoriginalfatcat, his skulduggery and mismanagement went on for years. This would be the very definition of being wise after the event.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:44 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Gramps has moved from attacking Tommy Wright to attacking fans opinions on Martin Gray. i wonder who he'll be targeting next?
"Attack" is a very strong word with violent connotations. Criticise would be more accurate.

Although, where have I criticised anyone's opinion on MG? I've criticised the obsession some fans have with him. In the same way you said I had an obsession with TW. So you're being a tad hypocritical.

BTW Pete - at the start of the season you were calling for MG to be given more money for signings. Do you stand by that?

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:47 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Gramps has moved from attacking Tommy Wright to attacking fans opinions on Martin Gray. i wonder who he'll be targeting next?
Paranoia is a mental illness and we must be understanding and tolerant.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:54 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
"Attack" is a very strong word with violent connotations. Criticise would be more accurate.

Although, where have I criticised anyone's opinion on MG? I've criticised the obsession some fans have with him. In the same way you said I had an obsession with TW. So you're being a tad hypocritical.

BTW Pete - at the start of the season you were calling for MG to be given more money for signings. Do you stand by that?
At the time I believe I was right, but Gray changed and spit his dummy out when requests for further funding were rightly turned down. When the teams form dropped away, I was probably the first on here that questioned Gray remaining manager.

en passant

Post by en passant » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:56 pm

en passant wrote:I wonder if the administrator of this site could arrange for any post that involve Darlogramps v The Rest Of The World to be removed to their own separate thread so that when we look up a thread that it continues to be about the subject on the header. It can be a bit tiresome to the rest of us to wade through these often off topic slugfest to find another post about the intended subject matter.
This post was provoked by a desire to keep things focused and interesting. It was not a desire to restrict freedom of speech, as can be seen from my proposal that those who wished to stay with the original topic would have a clearer picture of what others thought about it. On the other hand those who wished to participate in banter on the technicalities of the English language and have the last word in who has the best pointless argument could seek their entertainment on another, more relevant thread.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:26 pm

banktopp wrote:
Paranoia is a mental illness and we must be understanding and tolerant.
Anyone else find making jokes about mental health funny?

No, thought not.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:28 pm

Quotes from Jeff Stelling on why Singh left Darlington. It was all the fans' fault apparently.

A taking a club from League Two into the Northern League, via an administration is only a "perceived" wrong.
“One of the things that drove him away from that club was that the fans were negative, understandably so, although they did not know the whole story. “That negativity disillusioned him. We weren’t too sure what the response would be but all I would say is that even thought I’d never met him until a few months ago, his intentions are to right a perceived wrong from Darlington.
https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/ ... -1-9050720

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:37 pm

I'm sure if we had sold 2000 adult season tickets, as Singh wanted, things would have worked out somewhat differently that season. But it was not a realistic aim. And so it wasn't met. And Singh pulled the plug.

In a similar way, I'm not sure Singh wanting Hartlepool's Trust to contribute 600k for a minority shareholding with no major say on the running of the club is a realistic aim either. And so who knows how Singh will act if this unrealistic aim isn't met...

We've raised over £1m since 2012, but we wouldn't have raised a fraction of that if we only had a minority stake and no real control of the direction of the club.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:48 pm

Darlogramps wrote:The event being the club's collapse under Singh, obviously.

All I'm saying is, up until mid-November 2011, no one was critical of Singh's running of the club.

Yet according to you theoriginalfatcat, his skulduggery and mismanagement went on for years. This would be the very definition of being wise after the event.
I'm not sure I understand the logic of your last sentence - however I hope that HUFC can be wise about Mr Singh simply because of the events that befell us during his disastrous reign.

At the time he took us over he was our only option, a bit like the situation now at Hartlepool.

In the season when we were relegated from the football league I was was certainly critical of Singh. His approach was terrible, he made mistakes and I remember him saying something like 'he never saw it coming' relegation he was referring to, however everyone else saw it coming, as we were truly awful.

Anyway, to keep things brief, bad management is one thing as s*** happens, but the events during the Singh V DFC end game -- well :thumbdown: his actions then simply cannot be defended. We all know what happened, so there's no need to list
it all down here.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:51 pm

Also, 'perceived failings at Darlington' :lol: :lol:

Some of the consequences of Singh's involvement in Darlington Football Club include: 2 administrations and all the reputation damage that caused with local businesses, the financial losses to local businesses, going from league 2 to the Northern League, playing under another name for 5 years, no ground, no players, and debt to ex players and staff which the fans paid off.

Perceived failings :lol:

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Raj Singh Takeover

Post by liddle_4_ever » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:51 pm

People want it all and they want it now, with minimal effort. Raj knows this. Once he knows what you want he’s able to manipulate you. He has the money to make your wishes come true, you know that and he knows that (but that doesn’t mean he’s going to spend it, irrespective of what you might think).

He knows he needs the fans onside and the most efficient way of achieving this is to get a prominent figure to recommend him. This happened with MG and is now happing with Stelling.
He knew that MG wanted money, and lots of it, to increase the playing budget so he could get another promotion under his belt and build his brand. This led MG astray from a professional decision and promote him to the fans (whilst also stabbing our volunteers and fans in the back).

Stelling wants his club to survive in the current league. Raj offers the only opportunity for that occurring. Forget the long term issues, he’s offering “help” today. That’s all that Stelling sees. He doesn’t see that it’s a massive gamble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!