Raj Singh Takeover

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh Takeover

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:08 pm

I take no pleasure in seeing both H'pool and York having problems - but I do take pleasure in seeing our club in a much better place than it has been for a very long time.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:33 pm

al_quaker wrote:In a similar way, I'm not sure Singh wanting Hartlepool's Trust to contribute 600k for a minority shareholding with no major say on the running of the club is a realistic aim either. And so who knows how Singh will act if this unrealistic aim isn't met...
I believe the Hartlepool Trust's target is only £250k (presumably the balance is intended to come from other business people, if they can be found) but I think that is still a tall order for the 'promise' of only a minority shareholding.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:08 pm

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
al_quaker wrote:In a similar way, I'm not sure Singh wanting Hartlepool's Trust to contribute 600k for a minority shareholding with no major say on the running of the club is a realistic aim either. And so who knows how Singh will act if this unrealistic aim isn't met...
I believe the Hartlepool Trust's target is only £250k (presumably the balance is intended to come from other business people, if they can be found) but I think that is still a tall order for the 'promise' of only a minority shareholding.
I think that's the initial target - but according to their Trusts twitter (https://twitter.com/HUST_1908/status/970359757457514496) they'd be needing 5k a month for 3 years too

Admittedly, that adds up to £430k and not £600k

But whatever it is - it's a tough ask!

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:24 pm

Certainly a tough ask when the fans won't be getting anything in return aswell as raising the money for someone who has already been involved in two administrations at a football club, the second very nearly killing the club.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:38 pm

Just as well they haven't found someone who is spiteful, thin skinned, useless at running a football club and who can't be trusted.... GULP!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Spyman wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
tezza wrote:
D_F_C wrote:I'm no fan of Singh. But strangely enough we won the trophy under him.
Despite him some would say.

Lets not forget his failure to push on with that under our belt, his stewardship led to the demise

As was said he is great when all going well, however when it gets tough ...that said HUFC is fairly close to becoming a care home
It never really did go well under Singh though did it. We had the good little run to win the Trophy and sold Burn but that was about it. The bottom line to me is that with him in charge DFC sleepwalked out of the league, then became the pawn in a power game which at every turn Singh ballsed things up.

Five relegations in two and a half years - nice Image
Yep, aside from the Trophy win, we had a calamitous season in League Two followed by a very underwhelming first season in the Conference followed by a terrible start to the following season. He mismanaged the club financially, making poor managerial appointments and allowing a revolving-door approach towards player recruitment.
Thing is though, how many people were saying this in May 2011, when we'd won the Trophy and finished 7th in the Conference?

And in May 2010, when we'd gone down, how many fans were blaming Singh? Not many. I think the majority simply thought he'd been dealt a bad hand.

I agree entirely with the criticisms of him but are we also simply being wise after the event?
Oh of course we are - but that's what hindsight is for, and we have the benefit of that now. If Hartlepool's support are wise, they'll take note of that. We provide them with a great example of why perhaps the time is up for these vultures coming after our football clubs.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

shawry

Post by shawry » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:10 pm

So what you are all saying is hey should allow the club to go into admin and likely have to start again in the Northern League?

That sounds all fine and dandy, however if roles were reversed I'd still be clutching at every possible straw to maintain our current position in the hope that we'd survive and avoid the same fate as we did.

Ultimately if they get screwed over it means they've delayed the inevitable, but if somehow RS doesn't overspend and the council don't handover the ground then they've had a lucky escape.

Yes they need to keep their eyes open to his history, and with a bit of bravery they'd tell him to piss off and start again restructuring as necessary, but let's face it nobody can blame them for hoping things are different for them.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:03 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote:People want it all and they want it now, with minimal effort. Raj knows this. Once he knows what you want he’s able to manipulate you. He has the money to make your wishes come true, you know that and he knows that (but that doesn’t mean he’s going to spend it, irrespective of what you might think).

He knows he needs the fans onside and the most efficient way of achieving this is to get a prominent figure to recommend him. This happened with MG and is now happing with Stelling.
He knew that MG wanted money, and lots of it, to increase the playing budget so he could get another promotion under his belt and build his brand. This led MG astray from a professional decision and promote him to the fans (whilst also stabbing our volunteers and fans in the back).

Stelling wants his club to survive in the current league. Raj offers the only opportunity for that occurring. Forget the long term issues, he’s offering “help” today. That’s all that Stelling sees. He doesn’t see that it’s a massive gamble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is absolutely how I see it. When MG dangled the ‘back to the football league’ carrot at the forum plenty got excited, understandably so after our recent heartache. Some were even willing to hear what RS had to say, me included. It didn’t take long, however, for the small print to emerge. At that point we made a brave but correct decision to say ‘no thanks’.
Best thing we ever did. Pools are now at that crossroads. Short term relief but potentially long term pain.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:40 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote:People want it all and they want it now, with minimal effort. Raj knows this. Once he knows what you want he’s able to manipulate you. He has the money to make your wishes come true, you know that and he knows that (but that doesn’t mean he’s going to spend it, irrespective of what you might think).

He knows he needs the fans onside and the most efficient way of achieving this is to get a prominent figure to recommend him. This happened with MG and is now happing with Stelling.
He knew that MG wanted money, and lots of it, to increase the playing budget so he could get another promotion under his belt and build his brand. This led MG astray from a professional decision and promote him to the fans (whilst also stabbing our volunteers and fans in the back).

Stelling wants his club to survive in the current league. Raj offers the only opportunity for that occurring. Forget the long term issues, he’s offering “help” today. That’s all that Stelling sees. He doesn’t see that it’s a massive gamble.

Is, i believe. the correct answer. My view is that Hartlepooh will regret getting involved with Mr Singh. His track record as the owner of our club alone should ring alarm bells.

Also if we don't know the full story about our good friend Mr Raj Singh (& i am fairly certain I know enough of the story thanks) then please do come out and tell us what we don't know. Which part of:
al_quaker wrote: 2 administrations and all the reputation damage that caused with local businesses, the financial losses to local businesses, going from league 2 to the Northern League, playing under another name for 5 years, no ground, no players, and debt to ex players and staff which the fans paid off.
Do we not know about? Please feel free to fill in the gaps Mr Singh. We are all ears...........................

eek

Post by eek » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:04 pm

MKDarlo wrote:

Is, i believe. the correct answer. My view is that Hartlepooh will regret getting involved with Mr Singh. His track record as the owner of our club alone should ring alarm bells.

Also if we don't know the full story about our good friend Mr Raj Singh (& i am fairly certain I know enough of the story thanks) then please do come out and tell us what we don't know. Which part of:
al_quaker wrote: 2 administrations and all the reputation damage that caused with local businesses, the financial losses to local businesses, going from league 2 to the Northern League, playing under another name for 5 years, no ground, no players, and debt to ex players and staff which the fans paid off.
Do we not know about? Please feel free to fill in the gaps Mr Singh. We are all ears...........................
Aren't we missing out loosing the ground from beneath us due to taking a loan out with the ground as security and failing to repay loans or was that before Raj's time.

If not I would suggest whoever owns Hartlepool's ground pays a bit of attention - the land is usually the only thing a club has that has any value (Hello York).
Last edited by eek on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:13 pm

eek wrote:
Aren't we missing out loosing the ground from beneath us due to taking a loan out with the ground as security and failing to repay loans or was that before Raj's time.

If not I would suggest whoever owns Hartlepool's ground pays a bit of attention - the land is usually the only thing a club has that has any value.
I think (and I could be remembering wrong) that Houghton had already used the Arena as security against a loan from Sizer and Scott when he relinquished control to Singh, who simply defaulted on the loan repayments therefore handing the Arena over to S&S.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:49 pm

MKDarlo wrote:

I’m all ears too MK Darlo.

Singh has a track record for all to see, and it’s disingenuous to suggest that somehow the recent past of DFC doesn’t exist, or that there’s been some kind of misunderstanding between us (Darlo fans) and him (Singh the kind hearted philanthropist) I mean how desperate can you get?

Singh had no qualms about closing us down midway through the season, potentially ripping off all season ticket holders who had trusted him and paid in advance -a minor issue compared to some of the other bad stuff that went on but it still rankles with me.

Football clubs are just businesses to certain people, and to certain people businesses can be closed down, put into debt, put into administration etc without a care for any consequences.

Here’s a little exchange I’ve copied from ‘The Bunker’ re Singh wanting HUFC fans to chip in money, the question suggests that during our last season under Singh we, the Darlo fans didn’t chip in with money - but this is a distortion of what happened, and it seems that Singh and Stelling are trying to airbrush history somewhat.

Anyway “Loanstar” puts the record straight.

HUFC fan - ‘He wants a partnership with the fans but basically wants to see the colour of our money first. Darlo fans said they could chip in but actually didn't at that time.’

Loanstar - ‘Is that what hes saying now? His aim at the time was for more season ticket holders but he was unrealistic about numbers at the prices charged. He couldnt even attract a shirt sponsor and ended up doing that with one his own companies.
What he did say is that he was there for another season but then pulled the plug not even half way through. He was picking and choosing which players should be paid and which ones shouldn't. He can say he was badly advised all he likes but to do that to paid employees shows just what a person he is at heart.’
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

divas

Post by divas » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Spyman wrote:
eek wrote:

If not I would suggest whoever owns Hartlepool's ground pays a bit of attention - the land is usually the only thing a club has that has any value.
I think (and I could be remembering wrong) that Houghton had already used the Arena as security against a loan from Sizer and Scott when he relinquished control to Singh, who simply defaulted on the loan repayments therefore handing the Arena over to S&S.

Yeah it was Houghton who mortgaged the Arena with S&S then when that money was spent brought in Raj with another million quid. It was during that time that the repayments stopped and at the time GH claimed RS was supposed to pay them and vice versa. In the end as we know we slipped into administration again and S&S repossessed the ground before offering a peppercorn rent for DFC to play there under RS. Despite Raj trying to buy the Arena for a pittance from S&S and also bizarrely trying to get the covenants lifted on land he didn’t own it never happened and the dreaded third administration happened before S&S got lucky selling the Arena to MP

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:03 pm

Lie after lie with raj strings ,I gave the golden share to my solicitors honest gov, lier, honest gov my solicitors have it to hand on honest gov,lier.Do not get into bed with this fortunes weasel.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:07 pm

onewayup wrote:Lie after lie with raj strings ,I gave the golden share to my solicitors honest gov, lier, honest gov my solicitors have it to hand on honest gov,lier.Do not get into bed with this weasel.

Doddsy

Post by Doddsy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:38 pm

Some of them on their board seem to have sympathy with Raj over what happened here. That we didn’t back him and that he may want to prove that he is genuine.

Let them have him

I look forward to the tears flowing down their oversized cheeks in a couple of years with very eager anticipation.

Very few things would give me greater pleasure

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:30 pm

eek wrote:
MKDarlo wrote:

If not I would suggest whoever owns Hartlepool's ground pays a bit of attention - the land is usually the only thing a club has that has any value (Hello York).
The Council own Victoria Park, so even if it did all go Raj Singh, they could compulsory purchase it back for 1p or refuse planning permission. LOL

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:38 am

The council have always refused to sell Victoria Park to poolie, so I doubt anything has changed with dodgy Singh now looking to take control.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:14 pm

Singh's great at negotiating with councils :thumbdown:
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Doddsy

Post by Doddsy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Raj has apparently put money up to avoid admin according to that tit Mr I on the Bunker.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:09 pm

If that's true then they are done.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:17 pm

That must be how they paid last months wages. Better watch out because if the takeover falls through he'll claim it was a loan and want it back.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:34 am

Talks have stalled according to The Northern Echo this morning

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:59 am

So the trapdoor is still swinging too and fro."Unbelievable Jeff".

divas

Post by divas » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:00 am

Goalposts being moved at the last minute - surely not. I’m sure Raj wouldn’t do anything like that to anyone

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:18 am

divas wrote:Goalposts being moved at the last minute - surely not. I’m sure Raj wouldn’t do anything like that to anyone
Maybe won't be so keen to invest when he sees Poolies in the bottom 4 after tonights game.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:48 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
divas wrote:Goalposts being moved at the last minute - surely not. I’m sure Raj wouldn’t do anything like that to anyone
Maybe won't be so keen to invest when he sees Poolies in the bottom 4 after tonights game.

Could be worse if Barrow turn it on and beat Pools tonight (21st Mar)

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:00 am

:lol:

Businessmen playing with the existence of a football club - I'm glad we're out of that loop (see York for another example).

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:24 am

Really looking forward to tonight's game on TV. Hope Barrow win, more because of the way they received us in that game we played at their place when we thought it would be our last game. Wonder if Stelling will make the trip?

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:53 am

al_quaker wrote:

Businessmen playing with the existence of a football club - I'm glad we're out of that loop (see York for another example).
Just goes to show how brilliantly everyone has pulled together to get back to this level, great volunteers covering a multitude of tasks, DJ and JT controlling our finances and a management team we can trust, who engage with fans and will almost certainly use the boost the budget more wisely than Gray ever did.Would not swap places with Poolies or York to be honest.