You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:34 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1211
Team Supported: Darlington
https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/fa-troph ... ley-moved/


Great to see local clubs helping each other out

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10720
Team Supported: Darlington
Great if it happens, but with all this heavy rain today, I'd be surprised if our pitch is any better than your's!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1211
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Great if it happens, but with all this heavy rain today, I'd be surprised if our pitch is any better than your's!



In which case, Bromley get another home tie on Saturday

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 5004
Team Supported: Darlington
Be nice for BM to host the later stages of a cup competition for once :lol: If it's even on - the pitch wasn't great on Saturday as it was.

I wonder if this is anything to do with DFC though - it's DRFCs facility (although our stands would be needed)

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Posts: 449
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Great if it happens, but with all this heavy rain today, I'd be surprised if our pitch is any better than your's!

Rain due to stop 7-8pm and dry tomorrow and Wednesday plus our pitch is drained.
New movie out next week,”Darlo Pete and the Temple of Doom”.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2068
Team Supported: Darlington
Then it'll be time for pete to start fretting about the cold and snow at the weekend :?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:12 pm
Posts: 1460
Team Supported: Darlington
Don't get this. The game should have been pro-actively re-arranged ages ago with the FA stepping in. And should probably have been scheduled for New Ferens Park, Durham. This is a ground which is elligible to host an FA Trophy match (it's not a league game), and is far less at the mercy of the weather due to the playing surface.

Having said that, happy to see clubs helping each other out. Hopefully the football club and the rugby club have both been in agreement with this. It's the rugby club who have to staff and prepare the ground, but it's the football club who have funded the development to make this even feasible...and that's before considering the impact to the pitch.

Hopefully Spenny can push through and beat Bromley.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Posts: 449
Team Supported: Darlington
dickdarlington wrote:
Don't get this. The game should have been pro-actively re-arranged ages ago with the FA stepping in. And should probably have been scheduled for New Ferens Park, Durham. This is a ground which is elligible to host an FA Trophy match (it's not a league game), and is far less at the mercy of the weather due to the playing surface.

Having said that, happy to see clubs helping each other out. Hopefully the football club and the rugby club have both been in agreement with this. It's the rugby club who have to staff and prepare the ground, but it's the football club who have funded the development to make this even feasible...and that's before considering the impact to the pitch.

Hopefully Spenny can push through and beat Bromley.

The rugby club will be more than happy to pocket another lump of cash.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Posts: 926
Team Supported: Darlington
Really can't see BM being playable after the constant rain all day Monday. Would have been nice to reciprocate some of the kindness shown to us by Spenny in the early days of the 'rebirth', but think that another trip to Bromley on Saturday would be more likely. Ferens Park would have been a better and more sensible option, but I despair of the FA being able to show any common sense. :thumbdown:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20865
Team Supported: Darlington
al_quaker wrote:
Be nice for BM to host the later stages of a cup competition for once :lol: If it's even on - the pitch wasn't great on Saturday as it was.

I wonder if this is anything to do with DFC though - it's DRFCs facility (although our stands would be needed)


Er, and our pitch drainage.

Without that, it would be a bog.

Damn right they should be thanking Darlington FC rather than DRFC.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2068
Team Supported: Darlington
Might be a reasonable crowd as a few of our fans, including me, may venture along as well. Come on..... ??????? :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 5004
Team Supported: Darlington
Quakerz wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
Be nice for BM to host the later stages of a cup competition for once :lol: If it's even on - the pitch wasn't great on Saturday as it was.

I wonder if this is anything to do with DFC though - it's DRFCs facility (although our stands would be needed)


Er, and our pitch drainage.

Without that, it would be a bog.

Damn right they should be thanking Darlington FC rather than DRFC.

Well yes - although the rugby club bought the pump which assists with drainage.

Thinking about it I guess both DFC and DRFC would have to agree for events like this to happen.

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10720
Team Supported: Darlington
Still tipping it down, I'd be amazed if there wasn't a very early inspection, which won't give the pitch long to recover. What happens if the game is called off, will you play the replay on Saturday, when the first leg of the semi-final should have taken place?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 11021
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
If you clicked on the link on the original post, you'd find out the information.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 961
Team Supported: Darlington
al_quaker wrote:
Be nice for BM to host the later stages of a cup competition for once :lol: If it's even on - the pitch wasn't great on Saturday as it was.

I wonder if this is anything to do with DFC though - it's DRFCs facility (although our stands would be needed)

I'd be amazed if our "Licence to Play" at BM included any Cup games! Only joking great to see DFC & Rugby Club helping out Spenny.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:13 pm
Posts: 34
Location: Spennymoor
Team Supported: Spennymoor & Notts County
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Still tipping it down, I'd be amazed if there wasn't a very early inspection, which won't give the pitch long to recover. What happens if the game is called off, will you play the replay on Saturday, when the first leg of the semi-final should have taken place?

Replay would then be on Saturday but back at Hayes Lane, Bromley, which is crazy considering we have earned the right to play it at home. But I'm guessing the Semi Final First Leg would then be played midweek next week as the Second Leg is on the 24th.

Brilliant of Darlington to lend us the ground for the evening though :thumbup: Let's hope it is on and passes initial inspection in the morning


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:28 pm
Posts: 596
Location: Manchester
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City
Good to help Spenny out but based on the pitch Saturday its going to be interesting v North Ferriby


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 1534
Team Supported: Darlington
Surprised they have not moved this game to Bishop - that pitch always held up weather wise.

_________________
“Steve Beaton - The adonis of darts, what poise, what elegance - a true roman gladiator with plenty of hair wax.”
R.I.P Sid Waddell


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5615
Team Supported: Darlington
spen666 wrote:
https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/fa-trophy-tie-vs-bromley-moved/


Great to see local clubs helping each other out


I'm surprised you haven't been on Facebook claiming that it must show Darlo are cash strapped by letting Spenny use the ground.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1211
Team Supported: Darlington
loan_star wrote:
spen666 wrote:
https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/fa-trophy-tie-vs-bromley-moved/


Great to see local clubs helping each other out


I'm surprised you haven't been on Facebook claiming that it must show Darlo are cash strapped by letting Spenny use the ground.



Yawn,

I asked a question about cashflows and banking money for future periods in the current period.

Basic accounting question.


I did not say Darlington are or are not cash strapped.

There is a huge difference between asking a question and making a claim about something. The same question applies to all football clubs (and businesses) that seek to get money for a future period in the current period.


Why deliberately turn a post praising co operation between local clubs into an argument?

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5615
Team Supported: Darlington
spen666 wrote:
loan_star wrote:
spen666 wrote:
https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/fa-trophy-tie-vs-bromley-moved/


Great to see local clubs helping each other out


I'm surprised you haven't been on Facebook claiming that it must show Darlo are cash strapped by letting Spenny use the ground.



Yawn,

I asked a question about cashflows and banking money for future periods in the current period.

Basic accounting question.


I did not say Darlington are or are not cash strapped.

There is a huge difference between asking a question and making a claim about something. The same question applies to all football clubs (and businesses) that seek to get money for a future period in the current period.


Why deliberately turn a post praising co operation between local clubs into an argument?


You openly implied that we must be cash strapped for doing an early bird season ticket. Spenny must be cash strapped otherwise brad would have to keep chucking more money at it in that case.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1211
Team Supported: Darlington
loan_star wrote:
spen666 wrote:
loan_star wrote:
spen666 wrote:
https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/fa-trophy-tie-vs-bromley-moved/


Great to see local clubs helping each other out


I'm surprised you haven't been on Facebook claiming that it must show Darlo are cash strapped by letting Spenny use the ground.



Yawn,

I asked a question about cashflows and banking money for future periods in the current period.

Basic accounting question.


I did not say Darlington are or are not cash strapped.

There is a huge difference between asking a question and making a claim about something. The same question applies to all football clubs (and businesses) that seek to get money for a future period in the current period.


Why deliberately turn a post praising co operation between local clubs into an argument?


You openly implied that we must be cash strapped for doing an early bird season ticket. Spenny must be cash strapped otherwise brad would have to keep chucking more money at it in that case.



Carry on trying to incite arguments instead of being sensible like the 2 clubs and cooperating for mutual benefit

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1211
Team Supported: Darlington
Game On - the drainage work done in the summer by the football ( and rugby?) club(s) has proved to be effective.

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5615
Team Supported: Darlington
spen666 wrote:
Carry on trying to incite arguments instead of being sensible like the 2 clubs and cooperating for mutual benefit


The irony!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You have more faces than the town clock Spen :roll:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1211
Team Supported: Darlington
Hope to see a few of you getting your Wednesday night football fix at Blackwell Meadows.


Wonder if those who are such good keyboard warriors on here will have the courage to say anything to me tonight?

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11323
Team Supported: Darlington
spen666 wrote:
Hope to see a few of you getting your Wednesday night football fix at Blackwell Meadows.


Wonder if those who are such good keyboard warriors on here will have the courage to say anything to me tonight?
Yeh, they'd be two-faced otherwise, wouldn't they.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1160
Team Supported: Darlington
spen666 wrote:
Hope to see a few of you getting your Wednesday night football fix at Blackwell Meadows.


Wonder if those who are such good keyboard warriors on here will have the courage to say anything to me tonight?


How will they know who you are if they've never met you? Will you have a sign hanging round your neck saying 'I am Spen'?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2068
Team Supported: Darlington
He'll be the one with the great big appendage protruding from his forehead :shock:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:28 pm
Posts: 596
Location: Manchester
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City
Just hoping the pitch is ok for Sat.....good luck Spenny


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1211
Team Supported: Darlington
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Just hoping the pitch is ok for Sat.....good luck Spenny


Pitch looks very good

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], JE93, super_les_mcjannet and 37 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group