Our run in .....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

PierremontQuaker03
Team Supported: Darlington

Our run in .....

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:05 pm

Tamworth V Darlington
Darlington V North Ferriby
Telford V Darlington
Darlington V Southport
Spennymoor V Darlington
Darlington V Boston
United of Manchester V Darlington
Darlington V Nuneaton
Stockport V Darlington

Wow some very winnable games, too late for a play off push - Kidderminster have lost two on the bounce now
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Darlo_Pete

Re: Our run in .....

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:42 pm

You're right plenty of winnable games. Really looking forward to Spennymoor on Easter Monday.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:56 pm

It's a long shot,but is it really to late to make the playoffs.penny with backlog overlload, others failing and falling under pressure, maybe just maybe with a great run in Darlington could scrape into 7th last. Playoff place .

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:57 pm

onewayup wrote:It's a long shot,but is it really to late to make the playoffs.spenny with backlog overlload, others failing and falling under pressure, maybe just maybe with a great run in Darlington could scrape into 7th last. Playoff place .

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:10 pm

onewayup wrote:It's a long shot,but is it really to late to make the playoffs.penny with backlog overlload, others failing and falling under pressure, maybe just maybe with a great run in Darlington could scrape into 7th last. Playoff place .
no chance

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:15 pm

bigdavethemaddog wrote:
onewayup wrote:It's a long shot,but is it really to late to make the playoffs.penny with backlog overlload, others failing and falling under pressure, maybe just maybe with a great run in Darlington could scrape into 7th last. Playoff place .
no chance
Kiddys form has opened the door for us, Spendy have too many games in hand.
I expect Kiddy to turn things around but todays result for them was a shock
Greg Norman

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:03 am

We are not the only team in the bottom half starting to put a run of good results together. North Ferriby are no longer the whipping boys of a few weeks ago and we should not think they will be an easy 3 points for the taking. Gainsborough also moving into form, but on paper our run in should be easier.
Fixture backlog for Telford and Spennymoor will also be a deciding factor. Not saying that the playoffs are out of reach, but the odds are long. TW has done a good job in turning around our season after the chaos MG left behind. :thumbup:

en passant

Post by en passant » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:27 am

Only 6 games ago we were worried where the next win would come from, having played well against Salford, York, Alfreton and Chorley, but failed to take 3 points. We are still in the early days of a revival, and whilst it may be nice to dream of more I think it will be more than enough to survive in this league. Coupled with the new stand, new management bedding in well, and off the field improvements to get the finances on track I think it will have been a great season for the club. Add to that the young talent that Tommy has made a priority for the future and I really don't think we need a tilt at the play offs to call this season a success.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:39 am

Agreed - I think if we can stabilise this season by winning a few more games and finish mid-table then that would be a good outcome for me following the early season mess of poor form, losing our entire coaching team and 3 best players in Bartlett, Ferguson & Beck.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:41 am

Darlofan97 wrote:Agreed - I think if we can stabilise this season by winning a few more games and finish mid-table then that would be a good outcome for me following the early season mess of poor form, losing our entire coaching team and 3 best players in Bartlett, Ferguson & Beck.
Pears is as good as Bartlett, O'Hanlon is as good as Ferguson, Styche is better than Beck

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:14 am

Quakerz wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:Agreed - I think if we can stabilise this season by winning a few more games and finish mid-table then that would be a good outcome for me following the early season mess of poor form, losing our entire coaching team and 3 best players in Bartlett, Ferguson & Beck.
Pears is as good as Bartlett, O'Hanlon is as good as Ferguson, Styche is better than Beck
Not quite yet, no but a different type of player, yes.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:56 am

Quakerz wrote:
Pears is only on loan, O'Hanlon not yet back to 100% fit, Styche needs a partner like Beck ;)

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:26 am

A storming end to the season, forward momentum and it might just encourage more fans to put into Boost the Budget this year.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:29 am

Quakerz wrote:
No, no and yes for me.

I would agree that Styche is better than Beck because Beck seemed to be so one dimensional - however, since his haircut Styche hasn't scored and doesn't look 100%.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:00 am

In the words of TW we will try to get all 27 points. I hope that the team is concentrating on Tamworth away, rather than any "6 points next week" complacency. If Spenny cant rearrange any weather stopped games with Bishops, I hope Darlo will be sporting and allow them to play at BM. There are some tweeters that try to tar Spenny, Blyth and Gateshead with the Poolie brush, but the club should continue their good relations with these neighbours.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:31 pm

What’s the crack about Beck wanting to come back? Heard a few people talking about in the bar on Saturday.

Apparently we’ve enquired about him..

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:12 pm

TW told us at Bradford that he doesn't like it there and wants to come back. All his mates are there. Could we afford the wages?

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:41 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:TW told us at Bradford that he doesn't like it there and wants to come back. All his mates are there. Could we afford the wages?
We all know who will be in for him Adam, particularly as he has only signed 3 strikers in the last couple of months.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

en passant

Post by en passant » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:33 pm

AndyPark wrote:What’s the crack about Beck wanting to come back? Heard a few people talking about in the bar on Saturday.

Going back a couple of months there were a fair number of us who were convinced that we needed a second striker to compliment/cover for Styche, but with recent evidence showing that the combo of Styche, Thompson, and Syers has begun to provide the goals we were missing would we want to mess with what is now providing the goods by introducing another option? And having got to grips with the idea of moving from the spend for success of the previous manager to a more cautious approach to recruitment I would be a bit careful over an attempt to introduce a new, and potentially expensive option.
Having said that the Beck name, on the back of last year, would be a hard one to reject out of hand, and if he was willing to compromise on the deal he wants to strike I think most would welcome the chance to see what he could offer to the new management style.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:53 pm

en passant wrote:
AndyPark wrote:What’s the crack about Beck wanting to come back? Heard a few people talking about in the bar on Saturday.

Going back a couple of months there were a fair number of us who were convinced that we needed a second striker to compliment/cover for Styche, but with recent evidence showing that the combo of Styche, Thompson, and Syers has begun to provide the goals we were missing would we want to mess with what is now providing the goods by introducing another option? And having got to grips with the idea of moving from the spend for success of the previous manager to a more cautious approach to recruitment I would be a bit careful over an attempt to introduce a new, and potentially expensive option.
Having said that the Beck name, on the back of last year, would be a hard one to reject out of hand, and if he was willing to compromise on the deal he wants to strike I think most would welcome the chance to see what he could offer to the new management style.
If we can get Beck back then I think thats us sorted for strikers next season - he knows our limitations in terms of what our financial situation is - Harrogate could be going up as champions and if he cant get a game for them in this league then I doubt he has future with them in the conference. Personally I doubt he will come back until the season is finished as he has the chance to win a league.
Greg Norman

en passant

Post by en passant » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:52 am

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
en passant wrote:

If we can get Beck back then I think thats us sorted for strikers next season - he knows our limitations in terms of what our financial situation is - Harrogate could be going up as champions and if he cant get a game for them in this league then I doubt he has future with them in the conference. Personally I doubt he will come back until the season is finished as he has the chance to win a league.
It might be sooner than that.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:44 am

Beck is now in their starting eleven due to Ainge leaving so I can't see him leaving anytime soon.

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:57 pm

play-offs?

your dreaming

start again on a sounder footing next season I think

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:16 pm

Dreaming......

2 points off Spenny now, but OK games in hand are against Darlo. Having said that if Darlo keep winning (including against Spenny) there me be a glimmer of hope for reaching the play-offs.

Kiddy, Blyth & Spenny may possibly hit blips and jitters.

Would be a hell of a Darlo away turnout at Stockport if a play off place depended on that last league game.