Spennymoor v Bromley @ Blackwell Meadows

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

spen666
Team Supported: Darlington

Spennymoor v Bromley @ Blackwell Meadows

Post by spen666 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:36 pm

https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/fa-troph ... ley-moved/

Great to see local clubs helping each other out

Darlo_Pete

Re: Spennymoor v Bromley @ Blackwell Meadows

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:39 pm

Great if it happens, but with all this heavy rain today, I'd be surprised if our pitch is any better than your's!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:43 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Great if it happens, but with all this heavy rain today, I'd be surprised if our pitch is any better than your's!

In which case, Bromley get another home tie on Saturday

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:51 pm

Be nice for BM to host the later stages of a cup competition for once :lol: If it's even on - the pitch wasn't great on Saturday as it was.

I wonder if this is anything to do with DFC though - it's DRFCs facility (although our stands would be needed)

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:57 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Great if it happens, but with all this heavy rain today, I'd be surprised if our pitch is any better than your's!
Rain due to stop 7-8pm and dry tomorrow and Wednesday plus our pitch is drained.
New movie out next week,”Darlo Pete and the Temple of Doom”.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:03 pm

Then it'll be time for pete to start fretting about the cold and snow at the weekend :?

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:10 pm

Don't get this. The game should have been pro-actively re-arranged ages ago with the FA stepping in. And should probably have been scheduled for New Ferens Park, Durham. This is a ground which is elligible to host an FA Trophy match (it's not a league game), and is far less at the mercy of the weather due to the playing surface.

Having said that, happy to see clubs helping each other out. Hopefully the football club and the rugby club have both been in agreement with this. It's the rugby club who have to staff and prepare the ground, but it's the football club who have funded the development to make this even feasible...and that's before considering the impact to the pitch.

Hopefully Spenny can push through and beat Bromley.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:15 pm

dickdarlington wrote:Don't get this. The game should have been pro-actively re-arranged ages ago with the FA stepping in. And should probably have been scheduled for New Ferens Park, Durham. This is a ground which is elligible to host an FA Trophy match (it's not a league game), and is far less at the mercy of the weather due to the playing surface.

Having said that, happy to see clubs helping each other out. Hopefully the football club and the rugby club have both been in agreement with this. It's the rugby club who have to staff and prepare the ground, but it's the football club who have funded the development to make this even feasible...and that's before considering the impact to the pitch.

Hopefully Spenny can push through and beat Bromley.
The rugby club will be more than happy to pocket another lump of cash.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:31 pm

Really can't see BM being playable after the constant rain all day Monday. Would have been nice to reciprocate some of the kindness shown to us by Spenny in the early days of the 'rebirth', but think that another trip to Bromley on Saturday would be more likely. Ferens Park would have been a better and more sensible option, but I despair of the FA being able to show any common sense. :thumbdown:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:01 pm

al_quaker wrote:Be nice for BM to host the later stages of a cup competition for once :lol: If it's even on - the pitch wasn't great on Saturday as it was.

I wonder if this is anything to do with DFC though - it's DRFCs facility (although our stands would be needed)
Er, and our pitch drainage.

Without that, it would be a bog.

Damn right they should be thanking Darlington FC rather than DRFC.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:07 pm

Might be a reasonable crowd as a few of our fans, including me, may venture along as well. Come on..... ??????? :D

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:21 pm

Quakerz wrote:
al_quaker wrote:Be nice for BM to host the later stages of a cup competition for once :lol: If it's even on - the pitch wasn't great on Saturday as it was.

Er, and our pitch drainage.

Without that, it would be a bog.

Damn right they should be thanking Darlington FC rather than DRFC.
Well yes - although the rugby club bought the pump which assists with drainage.

Thinking about it I guess both DFC and DRFC would have to agree for events like this to happen.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:12 pm

Still tipping it down, I'd be amazed if there wasn't a very early inspection, which won't give the pitch long to recover. What happens if the game is called off, will you play the replay on Saturday, when the first leg of the semi-final should have taken place?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:15 pm

If you clicked on the link on the original post, you'd find out the information.

bga

Post by bga » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:27 pm

I'd be amazed if our "Licence to Play" at BM included any Cup games! Only joking great to see DFC & Rugby Club helping out Spenny.

Curry_LG
Team Supported: Spennymoor & Notts County

Post by Curry_LG » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:24 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Still tipping it down, I'd be amazed if there wasn't a very early inspection, which won't give the pitch long to recover. What happens if the game is called off, will you play the replay on Saturday, when the first leg of the semi-final should have taken place?
Replay would then be on Saturday but back at Hayes Lane, Bromley, which is crazy considering we have earned the right to play it at home. But I'm guessing the Semi Final First Leg would then be played midweek next week as the Second Leg is on the 24th.

Brilliant of Darlington to lend us the ground for the evening though :thumbup: Let's hope it is on and passes initial inspection in the morning

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:55 am

Good to help Spenny out but based on the pitch Saturday its going to be interesting v North Ferriby

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:32 am

Surprised they have not moved this game to Bishop - that pitch always held up weather wise.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:32 pm

spen666 wrote:https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/fa-troph ... ley-moved/

I'm surprised you haven't been on Facebook claiming that it must show Darlo are cash strapped by letting Spenny use the ground.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:42 pm

loan_star wrote:

I'm surprised you haven't been on Facebook claiming that it must show Darlo are cash strapped by letting Spenny use the ground.

Yawn,

I asked a question about cashflows and banking money for future periods in the current period.

Basic accounting question.

I did not say Darlington are or are not cash strapped.

There is a huge difference between asking a question and making a claim about something. The same question applies to all football clubs (and businesses) that seek to get money for a future period in the current period.

Why deliberately turn a post praising co operation between local clubs into an argument?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:59 pm

spen666 wrote:
loan_star wrote:

Yawn,

I asked a question about cashflows and banking money for future periods in the current period.

There is a huge difference between asking a question and making a claim about something. The same question applies to all football clubs (and businesses) that seek to get money for a future period in the current period.

Why deliberately turn a post praising co operation between local clubs into an argument?
You openly implied that we must be cash strapped for doing an early bird season ticket. Spenny must be cash strapped otherwise brad would have to keep chucking more money at it in that case.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:04 pm

loan_star wrote:
spen666 wrote:
loan_star wrote:

Yawn,

You openly implied that we must be cash strapped for doing an early bird season ticket. Spenny must be cash strapped otherwise brad would have to keep chucking more money at it in that case.

Carry on trying to incite arguments instead of being sensible like the 2 clubs and cooperating for mutual benefit

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:49 pm

Game On - the drainage work done in the summer by the football ( and rugby?) club(s) has proved to be effective.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:53 pm

spen666 wrote: Carry on trying to incite arguments instead of being sensible like the 2 clubs and cooperating for mutual benefit
The irony!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You have more faces than the town clock Spen :roll:

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Hope to see a few of you getting your Wednesday night football fix at Blackwell Meadows.

Wonder if those who are such good keyboard warriors on here will have the courage to say anything to me tonight?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:09 pm

spen666 wrote:Hope to see a few of you getting your Wednesday night football fix at Blackwell Meadows.

Wonder if those who are such good keyboard warriors on here will have the courage to say anything to me tonight?
Yeh, they'd be two-faced otherwise, wouldn't they.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:12 pm

spen666 wrote:Hope to see a few of you getting your Wednesday night football fix at Blackwell Meadows.

How will they know who you are if they've never met you? Will you have a sign hanging round your neck saying 'I am Spen'?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:25 pm

He'll be the one with the great big appendage protruding from his forehead :shock:

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:43 pm

Just hoping the pitch is ok for Sat.....good luck Spenny

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:47 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:Just hoping the pitch is ok for Sat.....good luck Spenny
Pitch looks very good