Darlington v North Ferriby

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington v North Ferriby

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:05 am

With all this rain falling and continuing throughout today, the game must be under threat, plus there is the threat of the rain turning to snow through the night. The forecast looks a bit grim.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/dl3

Quakerz

Re: Darlington v North Ferriby

Post by Quakerz » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:18 am

Yeah I can't see this one going ahead.

Looks like the ground is well saturated and with rain all day to come, and rain/snow overnight, I can't see how it will drain in time. Even with a cover of snow I'd be surprised if it's not like a bog underneath.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

dfclincolnshire

Post by dfclincolnshire » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:18 am

People be moaning next that they cannot stand on the grass bank behind the goal !

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:43 am

dfclincolnshire wrote:People be moaning next that they cannot stand on the grass bank behind the goal !
Standing on the grass bank or in the stands, might be the only bit above the water line. :lol:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:30 am

Any use putting the covers on or is it too late? Maybe we could swap to Spennymoor?

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:57 am

Pitch inspection at 9 30 Saturday morning

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:59 am

Surprised the club haven’t had a shout out for the covers to be put on.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:48 pm

jjljks wrote:Maybe we could swap to Spennymoor?
If our pitch isn’t playable then Spenny’s definitely won’t be.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:48 pm

Pitch inspection announced for 0930 tomorrow

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:29 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:Pitch inspection at 9 30 Saturday morning
Er, already posted
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:Surprised the club haven’t had a shout out for the covers to be put on.
To be honest, the ground is really boggy as fuck and also saturated. I can see puddles on greens all over, so the water table must be really high?

If our pitch is anything like that, I think putting covers on right now would be a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has already bolted, maybe?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:07 pm

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5B3A66AC

Taken From Tin Shed Facebook Page - looks like its going to be Water Polo not football tomorrow. There must have been an incredible amount of rain since Wednesday night

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:08 pm

We have got a good pump to pump it off the field and also the good drainage system we had installed so should be ok tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:47 pm

York game off tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:22 pm

York off, gray to turn up at Darlington to watch future signing if game gets the go ahead.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:38 pm

Pissing down again now,I reckon the jobs fooked :thumbdown:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:16 pm

At least it's a home game, so no long midweek trip for our fans and most of our team. plus North Ferriby's form has picked up recently, so by the time the game is re-organised they're form may have dipped again.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:38 pm

And virtually a full squad (barring no more injuries).
Blyth off now as well.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:54 am

Well the forecast rain of yesterday largely didn't happen, as well as the overnight snow. However where I live just out of town, it has just started to snow very finely. So no idea what'll happen when the pitch inspection takes place, but the chances must have improved since this time yesterday.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:11 am

I hope it's off purely because of the wind.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:15 am

Makka Pakka wrote:I hope it's off purely because of the wind.
Yes if it goes ahead, I'd imagine a small crowd due to the windchill, which means it will fell like -6 celsius!!! If it is on, then I'd reluctantly go, but any floaters definitely wouldn't turn up. We'd probably get a better crowd for the rearranged midweek fixture.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:36 am

onewayup wrote:York off, gray to turn up at Darlington to watch future signing if game gets the go ahead.
If true, let us cancel the game now. Don't want the s**t stirred just as we have got the team playing some half decent football. MG should be deemed "persona non gratis" and banned from BM.

Also as someone pointed out, North Ferriby have just hit a patch of form so may not be a good time to play them. Let's wait until relegation is certain for them as then they would have nothing to play for.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:42 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Makka Pakka wrote:I hope it's off purely because of the wind.
Yes if it goes ahead, I'd imagine a small crowd due to the windchill, which means it will fell like -6 celsius!!! If it is on, then I'd reluctantly go, but any floaters definitely wouldn't turn up. We'd probably get a better crowd for the rearranged midweek fixture.
My problem with the wind is it fucks the football up making it a lottery. Not what we need when we're overwhelming favourites.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:44 am

Oh great. It's on

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:50 am

Just been outside, must remember to put my thermals on this afternoon.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:58 am

And right on cue, there's now a blizzard.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:12 am

jjljks wrote:
onewayup wrote:York off, gray to turn up at Darlington to watch future signing if game gets the go ahead.
If true, let us cancel the game now. Don't want the s**t stirred just as we have got the team playing some half decent football. MG should be deemed "persona non gratis" and banned from BM.

Also as someone pointed out, North Ferriby have just hit a patch of form so may not be a good time to play them. Let's wait until relegation is certain for them as then they would have nothing to play for.
Doesn't really matter when we play North Ferriby they are at the point of playing with freedom with impending relegation not far away and probably more unpredictable after their relegation is confirmed. I'd rather get this game out of the way, besides we don't want to have the potential for a fixture backlog with Easter coming up and the slog to the end of the season. Let's get the 3 pts while we are on some form! :thumbup:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Wainy247

Post by Wainy247 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:26 am

So if James Caton was wearing gloves last October, tights at Tamworth, what the hell will he be in today?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:44 am

The conditions are more likely to favour North Ferriby, as it will even things up and we will lose the edge that we would have had in skill levels.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:46 am

It seems like the expectation was 'postponement'
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!