York City

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: York City

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:23 pm

biccynana wrote:
murtonquaker wrote:Adriano Moke sounds like a lovely person
And an illiterate one, even by today's standards:
Wat u saying then we getting this popping or wat u meet me then or wat mush. Send ur number then u tell me where u are and we get it going then.Tell me where to meet you I meet you there today bring who ever ur bringing tools wateva cos I tell ya now ur gunna need it no joke I’m actually being mad serious.
:thumbdown:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:53 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Being a "fat knacker" doesn't seem to have stopped Parkin scoring goals.
Imagine how good he could be if he wasn't so overweight!

As above, you'd think Gray would be getting someone to whip him into shape rather than signing an endless stream of other strikers.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:04 pm

Spyman wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Being a "fat knacker" doesn't seem to have stopped Parkin scoring goals.

As above, you'd think Gray would be getting someone to whip him into shape rather than signing an endless stream of other strikers.
Gray was priced out in terms of wages signing Beck so I think he knows he will struggle to replace a striker who scored 20+ at this level. I guess the fact Parkin largely does the business but probably is comfortable with himself and where he is at during this stage of his career means Gray is a bit stuck what he can/can't do.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:34 pm

biccynana wrote:
murtonquaker wrote:Adriano Moke sounds like a lovely person
And an illiterate one, even by today's standards:
Wat u saying then we getting this popping or wat u meet me then or wat mush. Send ur number then u tell me where u are and we get it going then.Tell me where to meet you I meet you there today bring who ever ur bringing tools wateva cos I tell ya now ur gunna need it no joke I’m actually being mad serious.
Fucking hell...I thought my English was bad

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:57 pm

Spyman wrote:

Parkin's been the same for years. Not going to change now.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:47 pm

If Parkin wasn't fat, he'd still be playing in the football league.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:14 pm

H1987 wrote:If Parkin wasn't fat, he'd still be playing in the football league.
I don't believe that. He uses his weight now. If you took a few stone off him then it loses one of his best weapons. He isn't the type of striker who is going to run around for 90 mins. Bit like Akinfenwa at wycombe

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:55 pm

D_F_C wrote:
H1987 wrote:If Parkin wasn't fat, he'd still be playing in the football league.
I don't believe that. He uses his weight now. If you took a few stone off him then it loses one of his best weapons. He isn't the type of striker who is going to run around for 90 mins. Bit like Akinfenwa at wycombe
He'd still be a big bloke if he lost the gut... Some time in the gym would do him some good.

Lookingbetter
Team Supported: York city

Post by Lookingbetter » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:40 pm

Leave Jon alone hes my hero , ive been through some tissues over him

Lookingbetter
Team Supported: York city

Post by Lookingbetter » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:06 am

Lookingbetter wrote:Leave Jon alone hes my hero , ive been through some tissues over him
JUST TO CLARIFY I SAW THIS USERNAME IN THE YORK PRESS AND LIKED IT , I AM NOT THE ORIGINAL POSTER WHO APPEARS ON THERE.4

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:14 pm

Lookingbetter wrote:
Lookingbetter wrote:Leave Jon alone hes my hero , ive been through some tissues over him
JUST TO CLARIFY I SAW THIS USERNAME IN THE YORK PRESS AND LIKED IT , I AM NOT THE ORIGINAL POSTER WHO APPEARS ON THERE.4
Nobody cares.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:35 pm

It's due to kickoff again shortly regarding York City, and not in an Adriano Moke type way.

The supporters trust have their big meeting on the 23rd of this month to decide/vote on whether or not to agree to handing over their 25% shareholding to McGill.

Although there is some new deal on offer concerning a 'Golden Share' and although McGill is saying very loudly 'trust me' I'm not sure that this will get voted through.

Either way there will be ramifications.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:02 pm

Your signature statement, FatCat, being proof that talk is cheap with some owners.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:12 pm

Well yes.

I've been reading through some of the trust's concerns, and to me they have valid points.

Anyway, it's up to them ............
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:42 pm

What are their concerns then?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:17 pm

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkci ... res_issue/

Try this, but read the comments as well as they are telling.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:42 pm

A quote from the York City SLO -"It's a horrible place to work"
Think this says it all!

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:30 pm

The supporters trust are in a corner here I think there only way out is to agree with McGill and give him what he wants - if they don't they could harm the progress of the club on and off the pitch. My only advice to the supporters trust is to prepare for what could happen when the tap gets turned off by McGill so they are ready to step in if needed.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:36 pm

Very prophetic words there Pierremont Quaker. Jason McGill has come out today and said he would withdraw funding and the club would have to be run on a shoestring if he doesn't get a 'Yes' vote. A number of York fans upset that they are effectively being blackmailed into voting yes. The Supporters Trust are basically coming out and saying 'Don't be bullied, we can manage this if we need to'. What a horrible position to be in.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:27 pm

Interestingly McGill says that if they don't bend to his will (blackmail) and he sells the club, the purchase price would have to include the shares PLUS any monies owed at the time... ie all the money he has used to subsidise the club (and it amounts to millions) was all just a loan and will have to be repaid as part of the purchase price....

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:50 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Interestingly McGill says that if they don't bend to his will (blackmail) and he sells the club, the purchase price would have to include the shares PLUS any monies owed at the time... ie all the money he has used to subsidise the club (and it amounts to millions) was all just a loan and will have to be repaid as part of the purchase price....
I read that too and thought, 'Nah, I must have misread that, he can't just suddenly want his 4 million back', but obviously as you've spotted it too, it's the real deal. Wow. If he does stop investing though, some of their fans have quite rightly pointed out that if they went part time, given that many of the part time teams they've played have more than matched them, would it be such a bad thing. I don't think they'll have the balls to vote no, but do they have an option.This, however, has rattled a lot of York fans who are seriously considering the fan-owned route now. Pity about the new ground though. So glad to be a Darlo fan now that we've turned our form round.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:37 pm

He seems to hold all the aces and surely the fear that he has injected into the equation will be enough to swing it his way. But, going forward, would you really trust someone who is very clearly using blackmail to enforce his will. If it goes the Trust's way, there may eventually be some bucket rattling required and karma may come into play from one perspective....

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:42 am

It’s a tricky situation and I suppose very few people will be able to second guess Mcgill’s motives, however based on our experiences and the experiences of other teams too - fans Trusts seem to be a good thing, yet Mcgill seems to want to have it all.

Mcgill seems unpopular to some because he’s spent vast amounts of money (secured on Bootham Crescent) over the previous years and his record is poor. Two relegations and they are not looking too promising now. His detractors reckon that a trimmed down team playing within their means would be a good thing not a bad thing.

I’ve read through the posts debating this issue and to me the ‘no’ vote seems to hold more water, and it could well happen as these are Trust members only voting, not ‘normal’ football fans. Voting no wouldn’t necessarily mean Mcgill would split. He would more likely have to go back to the drawing board and think up a new plan, and in any case who would he sell too?

His main threat seems to be a withdrawal of funds, and to many that would not be a bad thing, as in the long run it is the club’s money that is getting spent, and at present not being spent well.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:08 am

Seems like Mr McGill is a graduate of the Raj Singh Business School. Wonder if MG will chip in to the forum with his usual party piece?

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:57 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Why would anyone (like a football club chairman for example ) wish to undervalue it though?

I don't get it.
Selling to his own company, or a pal's.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:07 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:It’s a tricky situation and I suppose very few people will be able to second guess Mcgill’s motives, however based on our experiences and the experiences of other teams too - fans Trusts seem to be a good thing, yet Mcgill seems to want to have it all.

Mcgill seems unpopular to some because he’s spent vast amounts of money (secured on Bootham Crescent) over the previous years and his record is poor. Two relegations and they are not looking too promising now. His detractors reckon that a trimmed down team playing within their means would be a good thing not a bad thing.

I’ve read through the posts debating this issue and to me the ‘no’ vote seems to hold more water, and it could well happen as these are Trust members only voting, not ‘normal’ football fans. Voting no wouldn’t necessarily mean Mcgill would split. He would more likely have to go back to the drawing board and think up a new plan, and in any case who would he sell too?

His main threat seems to be a withdrawal of funds, and to many that would not be a bad thing, as in the long run it is the club’s money that is getting spent, and at present not being spent well.
Sounds like a North Ferriby situation is being threatened.

murtonquaker

Post by murtonquaker » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:38 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:It’s a tricky situation and I suppose very few people will be able to second guess Mcgill’s motives, however based on our experiences and the experiences of other teams too - fans Trusts seem to be a good thing, yet Mcgill seems to want to have it all.

Sounds like a North Ferriby situation is being threatened.
The North Ferriby situation seems to be similar to Wimbledon/MK or Evenwood/Spenny in that the Chairman wants to move the club elsewhere and take NFU's League Position with it

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Spoke to some of the North Ferriby fans during the match. Apparently they will cease to exist at the end of the season. Their new manager bought the club for £1 and he intends to move the club to Hull, join a local league and change their name to something like Hull Carnegie. The North Ferriby fans have no intention of following the new club.

murtonquaker

Post by murtonquaker » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:41 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Spoke to some of the North Ferriby fans during the match. Apparently they will cease to exist at the end of the season. Their new manager bought the club for £1 and he intends to move the club to Hull, join a local league and change their name to something like Hull Carnegie. The North Ferriby fans have no intention of following the new club.
The way I understood it is he wants to move the current club to Dunswell near Beverley, getting Ferribys league place, with a re-constituted North Ferriby starting at Step 7

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/-K5LpNa05F8[/video]

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:40 am

murtonquaker wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Spoke to some of the North Ferriby fans during the match. Apparently they will cease to exist at the end of the season. Their new manager bought the club for £1 and he intends to move the club to Hull, join a local league and change their name to something like Hull Carnegie. The North Ferriby fans have no intention of following the new club.
The way I understood it is he wants to move the current club to Dunswell near Beverley, getting Ferribys league place, with a re-constituted North Ferriby starting at Step 7

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/-K5LpNa05F8[/video]

Ok well I was only repeating what one of their fans said, as I had no reason not to question what he was saying. Hope they survive in some form, as their fans were friendly despite being thumped on the pitch.