Raj Singh Takeover

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

al_quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh Takeover

Post by al_quaker » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:29 am

Issues resolved according to Tees Sport

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:42 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Just goes to show how brilliantly everyone has pulled together to get back to this level, great volunteers covering a multitude of tasks, DJ and JT controlling our finances and a management team we can trust, who engage with fans and will almost certainly use the boost the budget more wisely than Gray ever did.Would not swap places with Poolies or York to be honest.

Brilliant post :thumbup:

Also, let's not forget the original directors and helpers who got the ball rolling in the first place. Reading through the present York City threads (where they're falling out and kicking off) has made me appreciate how hard it must have been at the start.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo Dodger

Post by Darlo Dodger » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:47 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Just goes to show how brilliantly everyone has pulled together to get back to this level, great volunteers covering a multitude of tasks, DJ and JT controlling our finances and a management team we can trust, who engage with fans and will almost certainly use the boost the budget more wisely than Gray ever did.Would not swap places with Poolies or York to be honest.

Also, let's not forget the original directors and helpers who got the ball rolling in the first place. Reading through the present York City threads (where they're falling out and kicking off) has made me appreciate how hard it must have been at the start.
Agree with all of this and I also think that everyone involved in the club and DFCSG dealt extremely professionally with the issues which arose when Mr. Gray proposed further backing from an external investor. They found themselves in an extraordinary position not of their making and dealing with it must have been extremely stressful as it was, undoubtedly, difficult.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:21 pm

Looks like Singh has taken over!

I'm lost for words.

If they drop a league and play us the atmosphere will be past toxic.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:25 pm

Deal done according to BBC radio tees 2 minutes ago, don't say you weren't warned of this weasel. You'll be sorry. Pools fans.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:26 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:27 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Looks like Singh has taken over!

I'm lost for words.

I honestly don't think they will go down this season. I reckon they will win tonight and all will seem rosey with their new saviour!
FORZA DARLO

eek

Post by eek » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:37 pm

Quakers1883 wrote:

I'm lost for words.

I honestly don't think they will go down this season. I reckon they will win tonight and all will seem rosey with their new saviour!
Given that we went continually backwards with Raj in charge I suspect they will lose tonight and we will be playing them twice next year.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:40 pm

eek wrote:
Quakers1883 wrote:

I'm lost for words.

Given that we went continually backwards with Raj in charge I suspect they will lose tonight and we will be playing them twice next year.
On current form Moors and Barrow will finish above them

divas

Post by divas » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:25 pm

Darlo Dodger wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

Agree with all of this and I also think that everyone involved in the club and DFCSG dealt extremely professionally with the issues which arose when Mr. Gray proposed further backing from an external investor. They found themselves in an extraordinary position not of their making and dealing with it must have been extremely stressful as it was, undoubtedly, difficult.
It certainly was :lol:

Henley

Post by Henley » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:56 pm

onewayup wrote:Deal done according to BBC radio tees 2 minutes ago, don't say you weren't warned of this weasel. You'll be sorry. Pools fans.
It’s stating the obvious but the fact the best offer they received was from Raj Singh shouldn’t make the Chokers feel anything other than cautious about the future. I think they’re a bit more humble now and accept this (except the prick that is PJ Poolie).

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:57 pm

Good luck to them. They'll be wise not to let h put too much money into the club.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

shawry

Post by shawry » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:10 pm

Spyman wrote:Good luck to them. They'll be wise not to let h put too much money into the club.

This for me, if they restrict the money and cut their cloth accordingly then they've got more stability and chance of survival than we did

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:18 pm

How can they stop him putting more money in or restrict the money / cut their cloth. He has the controlling share of the club doesn't he the fans are a footnote at board meetings with no power to change anything.

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:20 pm

1-0 down tonight vs. Barrow :D

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:26 pm

I am still confused.....why put your money into a club when you have had your fingers burned already. I can completely understand why Darlington FC was attractive in the past with the vanity of the new stadium for the potential buyer. But what are you getting with Hartlepool FC - I could understand to some extent if you are a life long supporter and your heart would rule your head - but this is a guy who supports Middlesbrough who has no connection with Hartlepool but now seems to be bessies with Craig Hignett ( as well as Martin Gray).
My message to you Raj, you seem to have acquired all of these football friends over the last few months and years - but Raj all footballers , ex and current, are only interested in your money. They will promise you the earth if you throw them a few quid, its risk free for them. They will make all excuses under the sun when they lose, such as blaming the ref, conditions and even the fans for not getting behind them. Fan owned clubs, have shown at this level, CAN compete - yes we may hit a ceiling at some point but all the fans feel part of the club.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:31 pm

Poolie 2-1 up - amazingly it's on in my local in Hackney!

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:06 pm

Spyman wrote:Poolie 2-1 up - amazingly it's on in my local in Hackney!

Watched it and the deserved the win I thought but Barrow were very poor and needed to score a 2nd when on top in the first half.

Hartlepool should stay up this year, Singh will need to fork out 200k now (75k inland rev and approx. 125k wages due on Friday.

Clearly Singh won't want to put any more money in than he has already said so unless they get back up in the first couple of years I can see him dropping them after that.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:14 pm

Spyman wrote:Poolie 2-1 up - amazingly it's on in my local in Hackney!

Think you need to change your local. :shock:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:21 pm

They deserve each other.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:48 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:They deserve each other.
Singh and Pools or Spyman and his local? :?

leedscol

Post by leedscol » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:50 am

Maybe he wants to show us what we have missed.
Must admit my heart sank when someone retweeted an old item yesterday stating Singh wanted to invest in Darlo and for a moment I thought it was a new item.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:54 am

Didn't watch the game last night, but listened to some of it on the radio, interesting to note there was just over 1000 at the game, of which 58 were from poolie. I know the game was on TV, but the home and away support in particular was pathetic, given that it was such an important game to both clubs.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:19 am

...Martin Gray has already done his press release stating he cannot move the club forward without outside investment and being full time...if York can't offer him that then maybe he'll have no choice but to join Raj at Hartlepool?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:30 am

lo36789 wrote:...Martin Gray has already done his press release stating he cannot move the club forward without outside investment and being full time...if York can't offer him that then maybe he'll have no choice but to join Raj at Hartlepool?
Much as Gray is a turncoat, that would be one step I could never see him doing, but footie is a funny old game.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:34 am

lo36789 wrote:...Martin Gray has already done his press release stating he cannot move the club forward without outside investment and being full time...if York can't offer him that then maybe he'll have no choice but to join Raj at Hartlepool?
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if York don't go up and Poolie stay up to see Gray at 'Artlepools next season.

DC

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:59 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Didn't watch the game last night, but listened to some of it on the radio, interesting to note there was just over 1000 at the game, of which 58 were from poolie. I know the game was on TV, but the home and away support in particular was pathetic, given that it was such an important game to both clubs.
Watched the game and got to say the codheads deserved the win, much the better side but Barrow were terrible and would not surprise me in the slightest if we were playing them next season.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:12 am

The trouble with Gray is he is always going on about big budgets to compete with the likes of Harrogate,Salford etc.But is he capable of spending his budget wisely or as good as those 2 and I would say not.He seems to sign players for the sake of it and hopes they come off but in my opinion there are far better managers than him in our league and McGill would get far more success for York than what Gray can give him.Matt Jenson at Chorley or Kevin Davies at Southport would be better options than Gray.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:22 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
The trouble with Gray is he is always going on about big budgets to compete with the likes of Harrogate,Salford etc.But is he capable of spending his budget wisely or as good as those 2 and I would say not.He seems to sign players for the sake of it and hopes they come off but in my opinion there are far better managers than him in our league and McGill would get far more success for York than what Gray can give him.Matt Jenson at Chorley or Kevin Davies at Southport would be better options than Gray.

And whisper it, Tommy Wright at Darlington.
Gray has reached his limit as a manager in N.L.North, terrible run of results in his last dozen games for us, York no better with him in charge. Devoid of ideas other than buy more players.
When York sack him, and they will, there won't be many clubs come calling for him

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:14 pm

I'm lost for words.

Simply a stay of execution. at least the neck stretchers will be able to spot the usual warning signs given the history with us...