Coming soon - Boost the budget

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coming soon - Boost the budget

Post by Quakerz » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:33 pm

Now up to £28,832 from 117 investors.

That's an increase of £1,400 from just one person!

My guess is that they have pledged a 14 month direct debit at £100 a month. Amazing contribution, whoever you are!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:07 pm

Quakerz wrote:Now up to £28,832 from 117 investors.

That's an increase of £1,400 from just one person!

My guess is that they have pledged a 14 month direct debit at £100 a month. Amazing contribution, whoever you are!
:clap: And they get a meal with Tommy and DJ for it!

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:31 am

Anyone else got 2 direct debits coming out now? One for this year's and one for next year's? I thought it was a pledge at this point?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:38 am

According to website it starts as soon as you pledge.
DFCSG wrote:Payments will start to be taken as soon as you commit to a pledge – it usually takes around 5 days for GoCardless to take the funds and you will be billed on a recurring basis each week or month depending which option you choose. The last payments will be taken in April 2019 so if you pledge in March 2018 you will have 14 recurring monthly payments, in April 18 you will have 13 and so on.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:56 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:Anyone else got 2 direct debits coming out now? One for this year's and one for next year's? I thought it was a pledge at this point?
This was mentioned in the sign up somewhere - basically if you drop them a quick email they will cancel your previous one immediately. From memory it was all explained in the form somewhere or other.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:06 am

The offer to cancel the prior pledge was in the email sent to all existing subscribers which also contained the date of your final payment to the current seasons scheme. Generally the last payment for the current offer will be taken at some point in April but it does depend on when you originally joined.

In terms of how many payments you’ll make for the new offer we’re decreasing the amount of weeks/months each week/month so all subscriptions to next year end around the end of April so if you subscribe in March 18 your last payment will be April 18 i.e.14 monthly payments. If you subscribe in April 18 your last payment will still be in April 18 i.e. 13 monthly payments

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:29 am

Ah OK. So a month of 2 DD payments. That's not too bad then. I'd rather it went to Darlo than BT.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:35 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:Anyone else got 2 direct debits coming out now? One for this year's and one for next year's? I thought it was a pledge at this point?
Yes,I am,but for £40 I’ll let it run its course.Isnt there a cancel button on the pledge log in page?.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:15 am

Emdubya wrote:
Yes,I am,but for £40 I’ll let it run its course.Isnt there a cancel button on the pledge log in page?.
Yes but all that’ll do is remove the amount from last year’s totaliser rather than cancel the DD. To cancel the DD you can either contact the DFCSG who can manually stop it via the payment merchant GoCardless or stop it with your bank.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:28 pm

Sorry to labour the point. But if you do nothing will the old payments stop anyway after the final April one is taken out? So you'll just be left with the new one you've pledged?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:36 pm

I thought that the end of march was my final boost the budget from last season? It was taken yesterday

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:58 pm

I think the old one ends on April 21.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:59 pm

Quakerz wrote:I thought that the end of march was my final boost the budget from last season? It was taken yesterday
It is indeed, the very first ones all ended yesterday but most are in the first few weeks of April. It depended on when you originally subscribed

divas

Post by divas » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:01 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I think the old one ends on April 21.
There isn't a set date as different people pay on different days of the month depending on when they subscribed. Generally it's sometime in April altho not true for all. Everyone should have received a personal email with their own last payment date last week

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:58 am

£30,089 now in from 132 investors. :thumbup:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:44 pm

£32,234 now, from 136 investors.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:23 am

The boost the budget page has been updated and looks very good.

View here https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupport ... dget-18-19

The total now stands at £34,769 :clap:

divas

Post by divas » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:27 pm

Quakerz wrote:The boost the budget page has been updated and looks very good.

View here https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupport ... dget-18-19

The total now stands at £34,769 :clap:
Beaten us to the punch on that one, it’s only just gone in, you must have been pressing F5 :lol:

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:32 pm

Now through the £35k mark.....£35,324 pledged.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:56 pm

Looks great!

And over 36k now

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:18 pm

Up to £37,000 now :clap:

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:53 pm

Great effort so far, should hit 40k by the end of this week.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:54 pm

I wonder how many could afford to/would be willing to increase their commitment now knowing we've made such a great effort.

I could afford to double mine, for example.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:09 pm

Spyman wrote:I wonder how many could afford to/would be willing to increase their commitment now knowing we've made such a great effort.

Ditto.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

50 years

Post by 50 years » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:01 pm

I doubled my monthly contribution this year over what I have running from last year (last years still running until end of June for me). Once last years runs out, may well consider increasing mine. Excellent start to this. When you consider that if we could get 1000 of our fans now just to commit to £1 per week we would well on our way to getting £100k for Tommy.

Looking forward to next year :)

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:11 pm

Spyman wrote:I wonder how many could afford to/would be willing to increase their commitment now knowing we've made such a great effort.

By default that is exactly what I have done.
Being thick, in the section 'How much do you want to pledge' , I put my total pledge, not the monthly amount. Realizing my error later, I deleted this and started another with the correct monthly amount.
Unfortunately I did not cancel the original 'Go Cardless' direct debit with my bank and that amount which I had meant to be over 12 months has now been debited to the club.
I shall continue with the monthly payments and regard them as the price for being thick.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:22 pm

banktopp wrote:

Being thick, in the section 'How much do you want to pledge' , I put my total pledge, not the monthly amount. Realizing my error later, I deleted this and started another with the correct monthly amount.
Unfortunately I did not cancel the original 'Go Cardless' direct debit with my bank and that amount which I had meant to be over 12 months has now been debited to the club.
I shall continue with the monthly payments and regard them as the price for being thick.
:lol: :clap:
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:18 pm

£38,956 pledged by 163 investors.

I wonder if we can tick over the £40k mark by the end of today?!

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:07 pm

banktopp wrote:

Did exactly the same thing as you.It was going to cost £280 a month but as soon as I realised Ipressed the cancel button and that seemed to do the trick.Just to be on the safe side I emailed Chris at DFCSG and he confirmed it had been cancelled.
I’ll still be keeping an eye out on the old bank statement though :D

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:51 pm

Just doubled mine, really easy. It's still a pittance, but twice the size of the previous pittance I pledged!
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”